Wednesday shave

View attachment 1208256

Prep: Noxzema
Soap: Southern Witchcrafts Lycanthropy
Brush: Edwin Jagger Silvertip
Razor: Parker 24C, shave #5
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux, #1
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Captain's Choice North aftershave

Two-passes, minimal feedback, mostly DFS with CCS on the bottom of my neck. First use of the Rapira and no issues whatsoever; seemed to cut as well as Astra SP for me.
According to my face-ometer the RPL is a tad sharper than the ASP. So if you like the ASP you don't have to expect any issues with RPL in terms of sharpness/smoothness.

Simplex w/Astra and American Blend soap and AS
IMG_5189.JPG

Thursday, January 14, 2021

Rating: 4.5 / 5

Razor: Global Shave Club Fatguy (2020)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Lather: Declaration Grooming Unconditional Surrender
Aftershave: Tabac
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Thursday
Preshave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Perma Sharp Stainless
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

309399FA-4F69-47AD-A396-F7B8D8F628C2.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: British Gen3 Rhodium Aristocrat 1st use
Blade: Gillette Platinum (blue/white/silver) 3rd use
Brush: Shavemac D01 Two Band
Soap: Officina Artigiana Milano
Post: generic Witch Hazel, Officina Artigiana Milano Splash
Result: DFS+

Very enjoyable and buttery smooth shave. I think the Platinum is now on the optimal level and works very well with the razor. 1st outing with the Aristocrat - my first TTO - was a blast, either it’s self bias or Gillette knew what they did when they designed it :c9:. It really feels like a super nice and easy daily driver even though the head is bit bulkier than my other razors.

Happy Camper here👍

733D91DA-DB55-470C-8963-3A193F5A9B7E.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, Day 5 of Gillette Focus, January 14, 2021

Woke up this morning to a 32°F bright, sunny morning. We’re currently on day five of the 50 year or older Gillette safety razor focus. Today’s selection is a Gillette New RFB (Raised Flat Bottom) dating from 1930 with a ball end handle. Many of us who own this razor appreciate its efficiency. Of late I’ve been using Kai blades which happen to be a smidge wider than regular DE blades, and must say that I enjoy the increased blade feel, to say nothing about the already great shaving characteristics of this particular design. The dome shave this morning exceeded my expectations. I really like this shaver, whose results left my dome dolphin smooth.

The mug shave featured my NOS DH 1000 Nichiri Tokusen 6/8. There’s definitely something special about Japanese Silver Steel straight razors. This is the one razor whose edge I haven’t retouched. When I received it several months ago, it had a decent bevel. My son Ben had just completed his jnat progression and was looking for a blade to refinish. I happily volunteered this one and ended up with an incredible buttery smooth edge that I know I could never improve on. Today’s mug shave was every bit as good as the prior dome shave, and left your happy narrator in a state of velveteen bliss! I feel clean, smoooth, and refreshed!

RAZOR: DH 1000 Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 (Mug), Gillette New RFB (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

03069A72-7680-4E70-9E61-B4DA2C4B1785.jpeg

14.Jan.20

•Viking Emperor on setting 6
•Wizamet (3)
•Alpha Outlaw badger
•Deceleration Unconditional Surrender soap & splash

First shave with the Emperor adjustable. BBS shave with two passes and a touch up. Built like a tank, shaves like a razor, could probably drive nails with it.

One side of the bar is scalloped and the other straight, both did excellent atg on the neck.

This razor has definitely earned a spot in the rotation. I have a Rex coming off the BST, but between the Fatboy and this razor I really don’t see the need for another adjustable in my collection.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Thur, Jan 14th 2021

Razor: Kai style AC shavette- MFG 2018? well made zamic razor IMO, easy to manipulate all over the face and no issues yet.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded, Sharp & smooth and easier on my face than bare blade. Very impressed with reasonable results.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum, great soap with nice bayrum scent & good lather qualities. I like the stuff also for good protection.
Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24 mm knot- excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips. Nice scrubber & lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala bayrum & sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 2 weepers that closed with cold water rinse = :a17: Excellent shave with my KAI style AC folding razor and the KAI Protouch guarded blades.
SOTD, Thur, Jan 14th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SOTD, Thursday, January 14th, 2021

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Barbasol 1919 shave cream
Red Imp 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Aqua Velva Ice Blue aftershave

A little more severe test of the Barbasol cream, with the Red Imp.
Still super-slick, imagine shaving with Crisco!
Downsides are that the cream doesn't rinse as quickly as a soap and not as moisturizing. Still, acceptable shave.

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom