Blade: The Blade (Personna) Stainless Steel
Brush: Frank Shaving G4 Synthetic striped handle
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Long Rifle Bay Rhum
Aftershave: Long Rifle Bay Rhum Shave Tonic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

12th Jan 2021: Fast, spotless, blood-free but..

sotd12012021.jpg

Rockwell 6C (4)
Castle Forbes Cedar & Sandalwood
Muhle synthetic silvertip
Asl Extro Sandalwood
Gillette Nacet blade

The last few days I have an urge to kill as much as I can from C&F and revisit my 6C.
So I am keeping cream and razor constant while rotating brush, blades and after shave.

Realizations:
I know Rockwell 6 is a worldwide favourite but I find it to be ''soulless''. A tool to get the job done correct but it does not excite me like EJ316, Variant or the Fatip OC. Like having a very beautiful ...''girlfriend'' that takes into account to be more professional than passionate.
I am not fond of synthetics. Yes they make lather faster, they are not lather hogs and don't need pampering but none (so far) has the gradual splay of badgers that I like when face lathering.
Castle Forbes may be the cram equivalent of MDC in terms of longevity. It denies to die..

1610492357811.png

Razor: King C Gillette (mild)
Blade: King C Gillette (2nd use)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Synthetic
Preshave/Aftershave: Geo F Trumper Limes Skin Food
Cream: Geo F Trumper Limes
Post Shave: Tea Tree Witch Hazel
EDT: Acqua di Gio

Comments: Good shave with Geo F Trumper Products, the skin food really works as a preshave, though it's an additional step. The blade may be sharper second use due to the coating wearing off and exposing more of the edge of the blade. The razor is a worthy mild one with a likely merkur head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom