Not open for further replies.
IMG_0243.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: Yuma
Blade: Gillette Platinum (blue/white, Swede) 2nd use
Brush: Semogue 610
Cream: Arko sensitiv
Result: DFS, no nicks/weepers/irritations

The latherbowl has a good (palm)size and is very lightweight. It lathered up nicely but I think I will glue some coins to the bottom to give the lather a quickstart. The razor works absolutely fine, good audible feedback, nimble in the corners and has a neutral balance. Personally I would prefer a heavier and gripper handle but the hollow one does the job as well. Even though a SB it felt a bit like a FaTip Piccolo or Old Type - maybe because of the curved head.

If you are on a budget, look for something exotic or want something easily replacable than this is a valid choice.

Tuesday
Preshave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: RazoRock SLOC
Blade: Perma Sharp Stainless
Brush: Shea Moisture Black Badger
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

5C25A800-E7D7-4287-ADD6-5842C9983138.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, Day 3 of Gillette Focus, JANUARY 12, 2021

I must admit that I’m enjoying this Gillette safety razor focus here at TSD, and so is my dome! The Gillette selected for today’s shave is my Gillette Big Fellow which dates from the second year of production (1920). The shave on this gassed up Old Type influenced design was, as a British member of the crew is wont to say, “divine”. Particularly when fitted with a Kai blade. Lots of blade feel which I’ve come to enjoy since becoming a regular straight shaver. The combination of size, weight, and heft-in-hand worked perfectly to deliver the kind of two pass velveteen dome smoothness I’ve come to crave in my noggin shaves.

Manhattan Cutlery was a John Newton & Co. brand, circa 1861-1916, manufactured in Sheffield England. This particular straight razor blade was sold in America through the New York cutlery importer H. Boker and fitted with horn scales upon arrival based on a blade matching image." (From the H. Böker & Co. history: "1868) and is easily one of my favorite straight razors. It just feels right in hand, continues to hold a buttery smooth edge. And this morning delivered a luxurious three pass delight. As an older man I’ve really come to look forward to my morning shaves; they truly set the tone for the rest of the day. And today I feel velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
View attachment 1207580
SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, Day 3 of Gillette Focus, JANUARY 12, 2021

I must admit that I’m enjoying this Gillette safety razor focus here at TSD, and so is my dome! The Gillette selected for today’s shave is my Gillette Big Fellow which dates from the second year of production (1920). The shave on this gassed up Old Type influenced design was, as a British member of the crew is wont to say, “divine”. Particularly when fitted with a Kai blade. Lots of blade feel which I’ve come to enjoy since becoming a regular straight shaver. The combination of size, weight, and heft-in-hand worked perfectly to deliver the kind of two pass velveteen dome smoothness I’ve come to crave in my noggin shaves.

Manhattan Cutlery was a John Newton & Co. brand, circa 1861-1916, manufactured in Sheffield England. This particular straight razor blade was sold in America through the New York cutlery importer H. Boker and fitted with horn scales upon arrival based on a blade matching image." (From the H. Böker & Co. history: "1868) and is easily one of my favorite straight razors. It just feels right in hand, continues to hold a buttery smooth edge. And this morning delivered a luxurious three pass delight. As an older man I’ve really come to look forward to my morning shaves; they truly set the tone for the rest of the day. And today I feel velveteen smooth, clean and refreshed!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Rooney Ebony Pure Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Aqua Velva (Spanish Version).
Excellent setup and photo Jeff.👍

SOTD - Tuesday 12 January 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.95mm - TRH2 - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - The Jefferson Thunderhead B8 - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Chiseled Face / Zoologist - Panda
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm
  • Fragrance: Zoologist - Panda - EdP (1.5 ml) (Sample)

Tuesday, 1/12

20210112_100807.jpg

Razor - Rockwell 6S, R5
Blade - Supermax Platinum
Brush - Some Making Required 26mm Maggard SHD 2-band
Soap - Barrister & Mann Eventide
A/S - OneBlade

I am so enjoying the Rockwell; man are these good shaves. The brush was excellent, the lather was nice and wet, and the blade/razor was a very smooth combo. I need to try this blade in other razors. I hope I have some more. I was iffy on this scent when I first got the soap in a trade, but I actually really enjoyed it during the shave. Definitely picked up on the oud. Just a freaking awesome shave today.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Tue, Jan 12th 2021

Razor: Gem Junior Parade with the taper handle :001_wub: -MFG 1943, Excellent mid range razor, one of my favorites.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (10) excellent blade, Very sharp, excellent longevity + smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Gillette True cream- nice fragrance with great lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo 24mm knot with black handle with black marble handle, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips, good scrub & painter of lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser+ a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor after shave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my Gem Jr Parade with a Gem coated blade.

SOTD-Tue Jan12th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom