Above The Tie R1
Zorrik Talvar (17)
Semogue TSN 2018 Boar LE
TOBS Rose
Cella ASB
IMG_20190206_103050.jpg

SOTD 06FEB19.jpg

SOTD 06FEB19
Paradigm Shaveware + Wizamet | PantaRei + Declaration Grooming 'B5' | Martin de Candre | Grooming Dept.

7A4B6758-562F-430C-BA6D-D7D63C46C465.jpeg
Timeless SS Polished .68 scalloped / 100 mm barber pole handle (I know this is a plaid handle, not today’s picture)
Simpson Tulip 3 brush
Kai (2)
Lather and wood soap
Kai may be too efficient even with .68, it is a smooth shave with no unpleasant feelings, it is just not that much to shave the next day. I found that Astra SP being very smooth is great for a daily shave. I yet to find any blade that doesn’t work with Timeless.
Having both .95 and .68 I moved to .68 as a daily driver because of the efficiency of .95. Now to test Kai blade in it to see if I can do every second day shave.
Love the scalloped head, because of broken surface you can’t see any micro scratches. I think it looks great but so is a solid head.

Hi !
Pre: Myrsol Emulsion / Cream: Gillette (red tube) / Brush: Semogue 1250 / Razor: YINTAL Bronze / Blade: Bolzano (3#) / Post: Alum + Old Spice + RITUALS Balm Samurai
proxy.php

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 2-06-19
Maggard Slant with WCS 110s handle / Astra SP
Mr PB24BA-04 Pure Badger Brush
Pre de Provence shave soap
Salsa bowl for lather
Pre de Provence Sante Green Tea aftershave

DSCF00pl3 - Edited.jpg

Feather Adjustable
Feather Blade (3rd use)
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Yaqi 24mm Synthetic
Cremo Post Shave Balm
PAA Atmotic After Shave

B

BavariaBrewer

IMG_1673.JPG

5.2.19 Barbaros TR-2 w/ Stork Consul | Polsilver | Lowborn Supply Silvertip | A&E Asian Plum

2CDD5CC9-2BD3-4C41-AFE8-D5306E4914D2.jpeg

Soap: Razorock American Barber
Brush: Simpson Special
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (9)
Aftershave: Razorock American Barber

On Wisconsin!

Razor: Karve CB - D plate
Blade: Gillette Yellow
Brush: Simpson Commodore
Shave Soap: P&B Spitfire
Aftershave: Master Lilac Vegetol (vintage glass)
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Today's shave was long overdue although I have n excuse as I have been ill with Bronchitis and mostly lying on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and coughing hard. I had about 7 days growth so it is time AND a nice shave always makes you feel good no? So I set myself up as follows

Razor: Drew Dick 9/8” In Black Acrylic scales
Soap: Crows Nest Murky Waters
Bowl: Van Yulay blue resin
Pre-shape: Proraso White
Aftershave: Clinique Extreme moisturiser and St. Johns Bay Rum to follow

The shave was awesome - watch the video as it says more than I can ever write. Needless to say I ended up with a DFS and a great fragrance all round.

The one thing I do want to point out specifically is the soap: Crows Nest Murky Waters. This is a soap I picked up very luckily by being online and in a FB shave group at the very moment that the man that makes it started taking orders for a new batch. I think he said he had only 30 of each soap on hand and I snapped up two - Murky waters and Tortuga. That was more than a year ago and I have not seen a batch sold since - he does have a website - crowsnestshaving.com so you might try e-mailing the guy and urge him to start making again. The soap lather easily, is rich and stable. Just look at my pictures and in the video. The fragrance notes are:

“A situation or circumstance that is foreign, unclear, and unfamiliar and altogether dangerous as a result.

Swirling together in a dark pool are tones star anise, cinnamon, wood, and amber.”

It is a very simple combo but my oh my does it work. Spicy but not too much, woody, but not too much - it just works. I am after a Jack Daw soap too in order to complete my trio of Crows nest soaps and I emailed the guy yesterday - no answer yet!!!

Anyway dudes happy shaving - Steve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black and White Day:
proxy.php

I think my personna red platinum today was a dud, or the angle is different on this black baby smooth vs my blue baby smooth. Something wasn't right.

Maybe I need my noxeema preshave, and this Grooming Dept preshave isn't right for me.

The B&M Waves is pretty intense. It's the Gillette Wild Rain smell that made me leave conventional shaving in the first place for greener pastures in the fancy wet shaving world. I sort of like it again.

FWIW, this Fine Fresh Vetiver is AMAZING. Awesome. I don't think my wife liked it. Sometimes, I feel like these aftershaves are made to attract other men.
proxy.php

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Body Shop Tea Tree Facial Wash/Baxter Shave Tonic
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (Israeli Red)
Brush: Yaqi Red/Black Marble Tuxedo
Soap: Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Aftershave: Alum/Floid Suave
Balm: Kiehl’s Oil Eliminator Moisturizer

6 February 2019

Rockwell 6S + Gillette "The Spoiler ~ Wolf Whiskers ~ GD Preshave
Eufros Rosa Bourbon ~ GD Postshave Serum ~ Saint Charles Shave Savory Rose Milk + AS

eufros rosa bourbon (4).jpg

Wednesday's Shave

Prep: Cold Water Rinse
Razor: GEM MMCP
Blade: PAL Blue Carbon Steel
Brush: Turn-N-Shave
Lather: Cold River Soap Works Spiced Amber

proxy.php

Today's music provided by:
Radiohead ~ The Bends

proxy.php

Wednesday, 2/6/2019:
Prep - shower
Pre - Mickey Lee Soapworks peppermint pre-shave butter
Razor - QShave TTO
Blade - Baili Platinum+ (2nd shave)
Brush - IB Plissoft synthetic
Soap - B&M Seville (first time)
Post - Thayer's original + American Crew toner + Brut Classic AS

The soap started out nice, a clean light scent. But on the 3rd pass my razor was tugging and I noticed my skin was very dry. The first pass was good, assuming it was affected more by the pre-shave butter. The second was decent. Struggled with the third. It could be I did not use enough soap. I carved out an almond-size piece into my load bowl and smooshed it down. As I was loading the soap disappeared in about 15-20 seconds. Lathering went well, it appeared to be a nice creamy lather.

I've got about 25 more soap samples to try.

Wednesday's Shave

Prep: Cold Water Rinse
Razor: GEM MMCP
Blade: PAL Blue Carbon Steel
Brush: Turn-N-Shave
Lather: Cold River Soap Works Spiced Amber

proxy.php

Today's music provided by:
Radiohead ~ The Bends

proxy.php
If I didn't know better, I would say you stole my music library. Good stuff everyday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom