Brush: ŌKU Málaga by P&P - 26mm selected silvertip extra dense
Soap: Eufros Gea
Razor: Carbon Cx
Blade: Permasharp
Post: lather face wash, alum, DG Trismegistus, good oleo serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5
proxy.php

Continuing testing with Malaga’s prototype. Fantastic and ready for the next phase.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

2/7/20
Omega Eucalyptus
Vie-Long 14080
FaTip Grande
Rapira Supersteel (3)
Omega Alum Stick
Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin
Proraso Green AS Balm
Penhaligons Juniper Sling
SOTD2-7-20.jpg

2/8/20
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber
Shavemac Custom Silvertip
5/8 Robert Klaas "Kissing Cranes"
Tony Miller 3" Fast Bridle Strop
Omega Alum Stick
Pitralon
Nivea Sensitive Skin Post Shave Balm
Montblanc Starwalker
SOTD2-8-20.jpg

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I have 3 PAA brushes - Starcraft, Solar Flare, and the Green Ray. They all look great and are solidly made. For my preference the Solar Flare is a tad bit too soft but is still very good. The Starcraft is perfect and I like it by far the best. The Green Ray was on my list because I found the knot description very interesting. I bought it with the starter kit and believe the package is a great deal. I like it somewhere in between the other two brushes. The handle is a bit small for my hands but not uncomfortable. I was hoping there would be more backbone and it would be more like horse hair, but as the Starcraft description notes, it has more backbone than the Green Ray. I did not really feel strong similarities with horse hair other than color. As such, it was a bit of a disappointment only in that it did not meet my expectations - not in overall performance. It works fine, is smaller, and looks are better in person in my opinion. All their brushes have been good values. I only used it for the first time this past week and only have 7 shaves with it. I would recommend the Green Ray if you like the style, but ignore the knot description relating to horse hair. It is a nice addition to the collection, but not my my favorite brush to use. To me the Starcraft is the best PAA brush I have used.
As someone who appreciates backbone, I guess I'll pass on the Green Ray. A thought for you: PAA's Atomic Rocket. As much as I like my Starcraft, I like the Rocket even better. Modeled on an old EverReady, it sports a terrific knot on a fist-filling handle. It's become one of my go-to brushes, along with my Starcraft and my Stirling Kong.

As someone who appreciates backbone, I guess I'll pass on the Green Ray. A thought for you: PAA's Atomic Rocket. As much as I like my Starcraft, I like the Rocket even better. Modeled on an old EverReady, it sports a terrific knot on a fist-filling handle. It's become one of my go-to brushes, along with my Starcraft and my Stirling Kong.
I think you are right. I will probably get the Atomic Rocket at some point. Glad to hear you are enjoying it.
Steve

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Lixiviant
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Another excellent shave with the Helix. Liking this razor.

IMG_6550.jpg

SOTD : 9th February 2020.

f.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Boots ~ Freshwood Brushless Shave cream.

Brush: Omega 10077.

Mug Lather.

Uber/Superlather : Williams Mug Shaving Soap + Arko Maximum Comfort Shaving Cream.

Blade: Supermax Blue Diamond.(2)

Razor: Lord L125.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Herbs of Bulgaria ~ Lavender ASL.

Nivea Men ~ Body Shaving Anti-Irritation ASLB.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave..

Another wonderful razor / blade combo..The egyptian made razor is another razor i've infrequently used since it was passed on to me,today is another example to myself that you don't need expensive shaving products to have socially acceptable shaves...However, it's always nice to use my what i consider "posher shaving items" in my den, but equally the same with my least expensive as i appreciate both and get the same pleasure & enjoyment from both...Today was no exception with this very inexpensive shave set up...I never forget my humble beginning's when i first entered into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving..I've mentioned in many of my postings,that the vast majority of my SOTD set ups are very non-expensive,which i get great pleasure from when shaving with them.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Nivea Men ~ Anti-Irritation ASLB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Sunday SOTD
9ynHptb.jpg

Razor: Red Imp 133 11/16 Full Hollow spike point
Brush: MS Faux Horn 30MM 2 Band
Bowl: TDG Style 4 5½” Cypress Sinker Log
Pre-Shave scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Mickey Lee Lime
Shave Soap: Barrister's Reserve Spice
Aftershave: Barrister's Reserve Spice

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Sunday 02.09.20 SOTD

DSCF0056 - Edited.jpg

RazoRock Pre Barba Pre Shave Gel
Gillette 1953 Y3 40s Super Speed
Astra Superior Platinum (1)
RazoRock 24mm Barrel Silvertip Badger
RazoRock Mudder Focker Shave Soap
RazoRock Mudder Focker After Shaving Splash

DSCF0065 - Edited.jpg

SOTD - Sunday 09 February 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Razorine - Premium Brass-Gold
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Paladin - Chief Butterscotch Marble - 26mm Bulb (Select Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Noble Otter / Australian Private Reserve - Marbles
  • After-Shave: Zingari Man - Unscented - Balm

Date:- 09 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Tabac
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush:Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Proraso Green
Razor: Wolfman WR1
Blade: Super Iridium BN-84 (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green A/S Splash
Scent: Stirling Ozark Mountain EdT

Man - what a great shave! I am indeed refreshed and invigorated.

D9C47607-AF84-4A1A-ABAA-6A388796D222.jpeg

SOTD 02/09/20

Day nine of Wool Fat February continued with a new record for me. This is my fourth bloodless BBS with no irritation or heat revealed by the alum block. I hate to say it, but I think I’ve found my Grail razor! Please don’t tell SWMBO, but I definitely have divided affections! Probably just a short term fling, but who knows?

Things proceeded as usual, with a cold water rinse followed by a good scrub with the PAA Preshave Cube soap, although it hasn’t been a cube for months, on this beautiful sunny day in the Philly suburbs. My faithful dachshund buddy, Gromit, parked himself on the stool on SWMBO’s side of the bathroom to observe. The Viking brush whipped up the initial MWF paste which was then face and head lathered to its usual thick yogurty consistency with ample application of hot water via the brush. I was on the second and final use of the second Wizamet blade in the razor. I routinely discard my blades after two shaves.

Part of me was hoping for blood, but on that first WTG pass, this incredible razor swept away those whiskers like the Romans through the Sabine women, shearing them right down to the skin line. Using the LaResche on that first pass, felt as though I was shaving without a blade. Be still my heart! It left very slight roughness around the troublesome Adam’s Apple and just a bit in the middle of the back of the head. The shave could easily pass the cotton test everywhere else. My second pass, if you could call it that, consisted of relathering those two areas and buffing away the roughness. One and a half passes and Madame LaResche delivered a complete bloodless BBS for the fourth time in a row! Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash revealed a very slight sting in the buffed areas and left me feeling clean, cool, refreshed and in love! Please don’t tell SWMBO!

RAZOR: LaResche 51 Luxe
BLADE: Wizamet Super Iridium
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Top Bottom