First Class Citizen
Sunday, 3/1:

View attachment 1069050

Razor - H&SCo N075 machined
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Salazar" 26mm Fanchurian 2-band badger
Cream - Dr. Jon's 13
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

Today's shave ended up turning out very well, when I wasn't sure it would. This was my first use of the N075, and I have to admit, I was kind of expecting something different. With the blade gap and neutral exposure, I was envisioning something pretty mild but still efficient, but this is an efficient shaver with noticeable blade feel and some aggression. It wasn't uncomfortable at the start, but it wasn't how I thought it would feel, and by the time I did more ATG-type strokes on my neck at the end, it wasn't feeling particularly great. Overall just more aggression than I would've liked. The angle was however easy to find; as I said, it's got good efficiency; and this handle is very very comfortable and easy to control. When I was done, my face actually wasn't very red at all, and after the balm application, it felt very good. So I did get a wonderfully close shave. I'll spend the week with this razor, trying different blades and whatnot, and more fully evaluate it by the end. I don't dislike it at all, just don't know if it's necessarily a daily driver-type razor for me.
Razors are like rifles (and women): you need to learn how each one likes to be held. Good luck with the H&S. It's a beauty.

03/01/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Marine Park Grapefruit and Patchouli
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Dapper Doc Conditioning Shampoo Puck
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tombstone Artisan Shaving Soap
RazoRock 400 Solid Aluminum 24 x 57mm Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Schick New and Improved 1940-1941 Type F Injector Razor
Schick Injector Blade - 8th Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tombstone Cologne/Aftershave
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Mentholated Mysterium Serum Advanced Fragrance & Alcohol Free Aftershave Balm
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Formula

B IMG_6873.jpg

SOTD Sunday 3/1/2020

First time using Lord blades, producing a 3-pass BBS on 3-day growth, zero irritation feedback from the alum and no burn as I splashed on the AV. Excellent blade, might surpass Astra SP as my favorite so far.

Pre- Neutrogena face wash (packed w/ glycerin) & warm water
Razor: Merkur 34c
Blade: Lord (1)
Soap: Stirling Barbershop
Brush: Omega 636 21mm silvertip
Bowl: Captain's Choice
Post: Classic Shaving alum & cold water rinse, Neutrogena Toner
AS: Aqua Velva Ice Blue
SOTD 3 1 20.jpg

Saturday's shave
Didn't have time to post yesterday
IMG_20200301_162616-01_EDIT_1.jpeg

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Minroa Bakelite
Blade: Anchor Platinum Edge (4)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword
Cream: Edwin Jagger Sandalwood
Post: Cold water splash / Avon Care enriching moisture with Yoghurt & Honey

Was a clean smooth shave, the sample of Edwin Jagger shaving cream was gentle on the skin yet still added some good protection, was fairly slick & left the skin smooth, the blade is still performing well I was surprised how sharp it still was, it's the next day & my face is still pretty much clean, was a great shave.

Happy shaving!

Sunday SOTD 3/1/20:

Prep: hot shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S (5, 5, 2)
Blade: Derby Premium (2)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club boar
Preshave: Proraso white
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Old Salty
Aftershave: Thayers unscented, Proraso blue

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spicy Sunday Shave;
  • Razorock Game Changer 84 (Jaws, OC, and SB)
  • Polsilver Iridium (4)
  • Stirling Soap's Spice
  • VDH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Zenith M1
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Old Spice AS
  • Old Spice EdC
  • Stirling Soap's Spice ASB
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Old Spice Classic Deo
  • Dapper Dan Heavy Hold Pomade
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

Pre: Hot shower.
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Stirling Executive Man
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.
Easy no fuss excellent shave.

IMG_6618.jpg

You've been using that Omega EVO just about every shave: have you noticed any change in performance, like any break-in? Or typical synth status quo? Dope pic, BTW.
Thanks! :c9: This brush is really amazing and as you noticed, my favorite at the moment. The performance is still exactly the same as when I started and that was sublime. I had no issues with break-in periods or any other possible startup problems. Right from the start it was great. Eventhough I do not have a lot of brushes, I do own a silvertip badger and another synth from Razorock, however this EVO is (compared to the others) from another planet :straight::thumbup1::c1:

Top Bottom