EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
20210228_082811.jpg

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Manchurian
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: Rotbart Mond Extra Old Type
Blade: Lord Platinum
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice

I am sure that everybody knows this but I will say it anyway, Shulton Old Spice is a fantastic soap; everyone should try it at least once. 👍

IMG_20210228_114735.jpg

Brush: "Roma" by Omega
Soap: Grooming Dept "Melody" (Janus base)
Razor: Smart-Helix "Apollo Light" (0.50 base-plate)
Blade: Super-max "Blue Diamond" (Platinum)
Aftershave: Rasozero "Spittero"

Weird shave I must admit, I had to change the blade in the middle of a shave to the Feather because super-max was tugging a little bit too much for my taste. Also, the soap lathers a little bit differently from everything I have so it took me like 10 minutes before I started actually shaving. Other than that it was a very nice shave. I love the smell of the soap and the aftershave.

Razor: Colonial Razors 'The General '
Blade: Feather ProGuard (8)
Brush: RazoRock BC Silvertip Plissoft
Synthetic
Bowl: Captain's Choice Ceramic

Cream: Palmolive green

Thayer's Lemon Witch Hazel
Myrsol Agua de Limon aftershave splash
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

For the sunday shave I tried a sample of Sapones Joserra Céfiro, croap and ASL. Very good stuff, creamy and protective lather, good slickness, great scent and good post-shave feeling. The ASL perfectly matches the scent and leaves the skin moisturized and in great condition. The razor is a Gillette Super Adjustable 109 from 1976 (W3). 7 O'Clock green blade and a Semogue badger brush. Have a nice Sunday.

20A4467C-67E8-48E0-8D6D-64736EB2D098.jpeg

8F43DA47-317E-4C36-BE4B-7F373122F86C.jpeg

D9506F17-C4BF-4C4B-B2EA-982536C21EBC.jpeg

8D480C93-6334-46DF-A62E-212E7D205D8E.jpeg

D9253925-DD44-46E3-A106-03F764C267C2.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 28, 2021

Here we are on the last morning of February. It’s raining and hopefully the white snow blanket on my property melts in the rainy 45°F temperature. Patina is defined “as a surface appearance of something grown beautiful with age”. Vintage item collectors differ on appreciating the degree of its presence or absence, but for certain things it just seems right.

My old Sheffield cast steel French Point H. Boker 5/8 is one of them. A bright shiny blade on this almost two century old masterpiece just wouldn’t seem right. The softer cast steel does require more frequent refreshes, but the refreshed edge is always buttery smooth and a joy to shave with. The three pass mug shave this morning put the baby to bed and confirmed why this particular straight resides in my favorite 7 day set.

My Ronson safety razor is another that never fails to please! Owners use modified DE blades or regular Schick injectors. The DE modification is similar to that required for the use of an original Gibbs #15 or #17 adjustable, and can be accomplished with metal nippers or grooming scissors, although continued use put the scissors option out of commission. I like Schick B-20 injector blades myself.

The weighted head in this little safety razor masterpiece always delivers a superb two pass dome shave as it did this morning. This morning’s noggin shave checked all the boxes. I like to hold the razor by the ring at the very bottom end of its short handle. It shaves almost as well as my GE Jones Shake Sharps. I feel refreshed, clean, and velveteen!

RAZOR: H. Boker French Point 5/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 with Hybrid Knot Ferrule
CREAM: Castle Forbes Lime
POSTSHAVE: Cold water rinse with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

SOTD, Sunday, February 28, 2021

Razor: Merkur Progress (setting 3.5)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Lather: Long Rifle Soap Company Brown Bess
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
Hugo Boss
cold water splash
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom