What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 22nd - February 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friday, February 26, 2021.

Floid oil pre shave. Saponificio Varesino, Tundra Artica: Shaving soap & lotion aftershave. Carthusia, Silvertip badger and olive wood handle. Angelo Murru, 15/16 carbon steel, 1/4 hollow, barber's notch, mouflon horn scales. Lalique: Homage a l'homme, EdT.

proxy.php

SOTD (057/2021)
25-02-2021

>> B&B's Shave Roulette<<

20210226_090130-01-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Semogue Owners Club 2-band finest badger
Soap: Taylor of Old Bond Street Platinum Collection
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger 0.84 Jaws
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (9)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Nivea Fluid AS.

Have some great shaves, Gents!

SOTD - Friday 26 February 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Scalloped - 0.68mm - TRH6 - Titanium - Polished
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Alpha Shaving - Kryten Titanium - 28mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Cubebe - Beta 4.3
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Cubebe - Splash
  • Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino - Cubebe - EdP (100 ml)

011FA4FB-33CA-4DCB-887A-A2A4FD20DB59.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 27, 2021

Never one to give up on a particular shaving combo, I decided on a return engagement with the Rex Ambassador loaded with a Kai DE. Kai blades are a smidge wider than my regular Feathers. My last encounter a few days ago left me with an irritated rear dome. The problem was clearly operator error. My usual routine is to start with my mug and then do my noggin. Today I started with the dome. The Ambassador is a fabulous shaver, but today’s shave involved more than my standard level of focus. The dome shave ended this time with your happy narrator at 1, Rex Ambassador 0 after two successful ATG passes.

The mug shave featured my C-Mon Special 11/16 which still retains most of the original gold wash on the tang and shoulder. This particular razor is an extra hollow ground, and boy does it belt out the “Buttering Toast” song during the shave. The razor belonged to my childhood barber, Joe Roselli, bless his soul! I had renewed contact with one of my childhood playmates, Joe’s grandson, Vince, another retired engineer, who as it turned out had settled in nearby Delaware. Vince and I were reminiscing about a year or so ago before this plague nonsense took over our lives at his place over some Manhattans about our first haircuts when his grandfather came up.

We’re both old, bald septuagenarians now. I discussed my shaving hobby with him, and he brought out his grandfather’s razors. My eye was drawn to this C-Mon Special, and a Dubl Duck Goldedge. Needless to say, a deal was made, and I left the proud owner of two great straight razors and a Frank Swaty Barber’s hone. While I haven’t used the Barber’s hone, both razors are a regular part of my shave rotation. Tomorrow I plan to shave with the Goldedge. This morning’s shave was an A#1 great shave, or ‘epic’ as @Keithmax, one of the TSD 30DC Crew, is wont to say. I feel clean, refreshed, and velveteen smooth.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger Fan Knot
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse withHumphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Fresh Lime (Indian Version).

Razor: Parker 92R TTO
Blade: Personna Blue Hospital Use (1)
Brush: Dr. Shaving Extra Density 28mm Silvertip ,
Bowl :Captain's Choice Ceramic

Soap: Barrister & Mann, Lime, Lavender &
Cedarwood

Cold water rinse
Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel
Red Cedar aftershave splash

Have a great day everyone [emoji3]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk