SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 22nd - February 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG-20210225-WA0001.jpg

Razor Nichiri King Pelican 6/8 Full Hollow
Brush Yaqi Two Band 26
Soap Bullfrog Secret Potion Nr 1
After Fine American Blend

Excellent shave using one of my all time favorite scents.

Craftsman soap co really hit this scent. Bright citrus with a spicy twist. The aftershave and soap work great together for an awesome face feel.

The Rex Ambassador was buttery smooth with a 2nd use Wizamet Super Iridium [emoji7]
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

SOTD (056/2021)
25-02-2021

20210225_114001-01.jpeg

>> B&B's Shave Roulette<<

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo 28/58 Synthetic
Soap: Barrister and Mann ~ Nordost
Razor: Mühle R89
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword Germany (3)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Stirling Soap Orange Chill AS, witch hazel and psb.

Finally, a sharp blade again. I'm glad that the spin in B&B's shave roulette called for a german Wilkinson Sword, one of my favourite blades.

The shave with this blade 's been an indulgence... the level of comfort has been just day and night to yesterday's shave.

Happy shaves!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, Feb 25th 2021

Razor: Razorock German 37 slant- MFG 2016> great high efficentcy mid range slant, enjoyed this razor from day 1 and bought a extra head just in case(1st razor to get a true BBS with back in 2017). Very affordable and worth it to myself. 2 pass shave razor.
Blade: Gillette Nacet (4)- excellent blade, sharp & smooth + good longevity.
Soap: Razorock XXX- nice mid range clean scent, excellent lather qualities. Good post feel shave.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm tuxedo knot, "Sagrada famila" excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tips, good scrub + good lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17:Excellent shave with my RR 37 slant + Gillette Nacet blade.
DE SOTD, Thur, Feb 25th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

42DECF90-39B6-415A-9EA1-037E7F2BF0FD.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 25, 2021

Beautiful morning today, but the snow blanket remains! It’s slated to go to 45°F today, so hopefully, some of it will melt. We all have our favorite straight razors, and mine is the Manhattan Cutlery 13/16. The mug shave was superb. Those 19th century Sheffield cutlers certainly knew their trade. The shave was clean and close, and set the stage for the Colonial Silversmith DE. Those of us who own this safety razor recognize it for the gem it is. I never fail to get an excellent dome shave. I wish more people were aware of Colonial Razor and its superlative razor designer! Kyle Evans knows his business! His General AC and Silversmith DE designs reflect a deep understanding of what works well in a safety razor. His General AC design is on version 2, and is unbeatable when fitted with a Schick Proline or Feather Super. I believe it is the only AC safety razor design that outshaves the Vector. In any case I feel clean, refreshed and porcelain smooth!

RAZOR: Manhattan Cutlery Sheffield 13/16 (Mug), Colonial Silversmith (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Monster Tuxedo Synth
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Original (Indian Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom