SOTD (054/2021)
23-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<
20210223_112403-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Yaqi Mokka Express 26mm 2-band badger
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing ~ Danidevil Revolution
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy (5)
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (23)
Post shave: frigid tap water, Majestät AS.

Happy shaves, Gents!

First time using Cavendish. Great scent that is cherry forward with subtle sweet tobacco scent following. Medium strength but great nonetheless.

Paired the rex ambassador with a new Gillette silver blue. Was ok with this combo. I find the Nacet amd wizamet to be extremely smooth in the rex ambassador but idk about the GSB on setting 6 (wtg). Setting 3 (xtg) and 1 (atg) were very smooth, so maybe it was just the high setting with this blade.

Great shave regardless!
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Tue, Feb 23rd 2021

Razor: Everready 1924(AKA Sledge hammer)MFG 1924-33, excellent mid range>,different way of loading a Gem blade(base plate level works for myself)I can receive very close shaves with the 1924 without to much drama. I enjoy using this once in a while!
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (2) excellent blade, very sharp, smooths out nicely, great longevity & predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood- nice scent with good lather qualities. Good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm black marble handle :001_wub: - excellent lather generator, cloud like soft tip, nice scrub & lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Proraso red sandal wood with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBs + no irritation + 2 small chin weepers =:a17:excellent shave with my ER 1924 with a coated gem blade.
DE SOTD, Tue, Feb 23rd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

IMG_0296.jpg

Pre:-
Razor: New Improved Tuckaway
Blade: Derby Usta 3rd use - retired
Brush: Shavemac D01 Two Band
Soap: OAM
Result: DFS

The Usta was fading fast this time. Once I got down to clean ups it started tugging.
So while it is the best out of the Derby stable there are still many others with a better endurance for me.

3267296B-2156-403E-B097-6FC20F15885B.jpeg

SOTD TUESDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 23, 2021

SWMBO and her fragrance allergy left for the morning freeing me up to use Old Spice to complete my shave. I'm ignoring the white blanket covering my property, and continuing to pray for warmer temperatures, although 36°F is not quite as warm as I’d like. My mug shave this morning was ok. I selected my only modern artisan razor, the Riga Razor 7/8. The shave was perfectly adequate, but this razor has always felt clunky and awkward in hand to me. I’m probably going to sell it. It’s just not for me. I’ve had my eye on a maker based in Colorado whose razors are elegantly designed, but rather pricey! I may reward myself after my second Covid vaccination in early March. The dome shave was superb and featured my Gillette Big Fellow which dates from the second year of production (1920). This 101 year old razor always delivers the goods. Just another great dome shave in the books. I feel clean, refreshed, and porcelain smooth.

RAZOR: Riga Razor 7/8 (Mug), Gillette Big Fellow [1920] (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 24mm Hybrid Knot Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse withHumphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Old Spice Original (Indian Version)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom