What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 22nd - February 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
4F409C80-5026-40EA-A7E7-D0EC5BC316E0.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure Tube.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Micromatic Mon 22nd SOTD
Soap Stirling Ozark Mountain 1st Use 👍👍👍
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 13th use...👍👍👍(not sure if a doing few strops on oxide-pasted linen followed by lather helps)
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Reuzel Wood & Spice
This is a very nice & pleasant scented soap. The strength was a good medium off-puck and consistent throughout the shave. Nicely creamy and slick lather too.
Shave with razor paired with the well-used but still sharpish blade was amazingly smooth, comfortable, and quite efficient for 3passes without any issues. The result was mostly bbs to dfs. Excellent aftershave too. Very enjoyable SE shave session!
Rating 10/10!
20210222_101457.jpg

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Razor Emporium Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Nacet Stainless (D1)
Brush: Korn D7-XLT Romera Manchurian 26mm
Bowl: Junichi Tanaka 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Soap: Neumann Absolute Zero
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Neumann Absolute Zero

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

22 February, 2021

Brush:
Yaqi Barber Pole Tuxedo Synth
Bowl: Captain's Choice Heavy Copper
Lather: Stirling Executive Man*
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: Silver Star
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Armaf Club de Nuit*
*An ersatz Aventus morning.

Finally mastering the Hone.
Because its balance point
is just beneath the head,
I need to choke up on the handle
for optimum comfort and efficiency.

The patinaed brass Hone Type 15
sure complements the Captain's copper bowl.

Stay healthy, everyone!

BRUSH: Semogue 730 HD Silvertip 22/57 mm
SOAP: Valobra stick
RAZOR: Merkur 34 HD G (Bolzano)
A/S: alun / Floid Vigoroso
CMNT: I have had issues with Valobra not producing good lather for me. But the same was the case with MWF before, MWF now being my favourite soap. I have decided to be more patient with Valobra, take time to feel it out, work the lather more patiently. And it works...! Using plenty product, taking time to work the lather gives good result. Using the Semogue 730 HD helps too, absolute Gem of a brush, one of my favourites. From reading the specs I would never have considered this brush, 57 mm loft looking way too high for a 22 mm knot. All I can say is that this knot is a work-horse, perfect size for face lather, and (surprisingly) great back bone/splay balance too. Especially for the money, I can highly recommend this affordable silvertip badger brush. Love the octagonal acrylic handle too.

Attachments

• sotd-velobra.jpg
    sotd-velobra.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 27
Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Butterscotch 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Lonestar
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34G / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #10
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

SOTD (053/2021)
22-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210222_090749-01-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: Thäter 4125/2 2-Band Silvertip Badger Imperial Red 26 Fan Rounded
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat Soap
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (22)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Pitralon Classic AS.

Shave no.22. On setting 5 of my Fatboy the blade did not even show the roughness of the last shaves. Gently and thoroughly she removed all the stubble. And besides: it's been an effortless bbs in 3 passes.

Have some great shaves!

Last edited:
46A9C7AE-6DF2-4EA1-B4D0-8A78D1294071.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 22, 2021

Woke up to a balmy 29°F with the same white blanket of snow everywhere! Today’s task was to dial in the Rex Ambassador after experiencing some irritation on the back of the dome yesterday! Suspecting it might be the slightly wider Kai blade, I swapped it out for a Sharp Star, and that seemed to resolve the issue, although I did take my usual two ATG passes quite slow and easy on the tender part of the noggin. Note to self, after the back of my gourd settles down, I ‘ll take the Rex out for another spin with the Kai. In the attempt to balance things out, I grabbed the Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8, after a quick touch up on the jasper stone last night. The three pass mug shave, as a UK shave buddy is fond of saying was “divine “! This razor never fails to deliver! I do love Japanese silver steel! I feel refreshed, clean, and velveteen smooth!

RAZOR: Diamond Hayashi Nichiri Tokusen 6/8 (Mug), Rex Ambassador (Dome)
BLADE: Sharp Star DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom