What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 22nd - February 28th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've had some absolutely fantastic shaves this month, with kudus kick never failing to impress with its substantial but not overpowering menthol. The Gillette slim adjustable has definitely become my go to razor, it's extremely handy being able to adjust the "aggressiveness" in between passes. Rooi Afrikaner also didnt fail to impress, definitely the slickest soap i own. I also picked up kameelperds kick, which is basically the glacial version of kudu, and Sanga symphony which uses the same tallow base as the rooi Afrikaner, a huge thanks to my friend Monty for the birthday bundubeard voucher that went towards the two new soaps.

Shave 1-10:
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1-10)
Soap: Bundubeard kudus kick
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada familia
Aftershave Arko cool mint

Shave 11-15:
Razor: Gillette slim adjustable
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (11-15)
Soap: Bundubeard Rooi Afrikaaner
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada familia
Aftershave Arko cool mint
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Feb 22nd 2021

Razor: Gem 1912 open comb version- MFG 1912-15, lower mid range, well built. excellent razor, this is the model that started GEM into a larger company A.S.R corporation and they sold millions of the 1912 in different variants of razors & handles over decades.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(1) excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity, smoothes out nicely, predictable.
Soap: Cyril R Salter Indian sandal wood- nice scent, excellent lather qualities, good post shave feel.
Brush: Yaqi 26mm red Zebra handle, excellent lather generator, heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub, excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + picups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Witch hazel + Ogallala Bay rum + Sandal wood + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Gem 1912 OC with a new coated Gem blade.

MMMonday, Feb 22nd 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

All the best!What comes around goes around in time

20210221_084348.jpg

Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb Gold Bumpless
Blade: Personna GEM PTFE Stainless Steel Blade
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Imperial Leather Talcum Powder

Monday shave

D8A2B265-1D99-4FEC-8956-37542CEC9A5F.jpeg

Prep: Curology Cleanser
Soap: Stirling Coconut Lime
Brush: Simpsons 46 in Best
Razor: Mühle R89 Grande, #4 (shimmed)
Blade: Astra SP, #4 and turned into a shim to try double-shimming tomorrow
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid -> Captain's Choice Lime aftershave

Skipped yesterday and came back today with an overall very nice two-pass + one neck touch-up DFS with minimal feedback for the best shave I've had yet with this razor. I attribute that partly to more familiarity with the razor and partly to shimming the blade.

SOTD-W_2021-02-22.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: Rasozero Agrumella
Razor: 2020 Gillette Tech on custom olive wood handle
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome (22)
ASL: Rasozero Agrumella with added menthol

Another very enjoyable shave. :biggrin:

My ~$3 razor is a pleasure to use. It likes all the blades I like (including the current Personna Red) too. :w00t:

Happy shaves guys. :cornut:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom