What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 1st - February 7th, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD - Sunday 07 February 2021

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Maggard Razors - MR14 - Slant Head
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Blackland - Signature Black - 23mm Bulb (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Bowl: Fitjar Islands
  • Shaving Soap: Fitjar Islands - Fjellheim
  • After-Shave: Fitjar Islands - Fjellheim - Balm

5F4049D4-3F2C-4244-AA07-A0C4A603A4A1.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: Gillette 7 o‘clock on Yaqi brass handle
Blade: Gillette 7 o‘clock Super Platinum India 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice
Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum
Result: DFS+ no nicks/weepers/irritations

First round with the Black 🥷 a crisp and sharp affair. I was expecting some prickliness as with Nacets but there was none, just the initial feel of the coating. Looking forward to the next shaves with it.

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Mission / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Feb 7th 2021

Razor: Schick injector hybrid Canadian variant G type- Mfg 1940's& 50's? Niagara Falls Canada, excellent injector, mid range<, affordable with a black handle which is rarity.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (8) excellent blade, Very sharp, smooths out nicely with great longevity.
Soap: Speick- spicy mild scent with excellent lather qualities + reasonable post feel.
Brush: Yaqi Red Zebra handle 26 mm knot- my favorite larger synthetic, heavenly cloud like tips with a nice gentle scrub + excellent lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 2+ pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post: shave: spray on witch hazel + Nivea refreshing A.S + a dollop of (Nivea balm.(-40c, 37 humidity indoors)
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my Canadian Schick variant G Type with a Personna coated injector blade.

Sunday Schick shave, Feb 7th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these Covid 19 times!

Last edited:
Catching up...

Friday shave

187C7EA8-751B-4368-84EE-EBC7884F4E6F.jpeg

Prep: Cleansing Story White Clay Deep Cleansing Foam
Soap: Noble Otter Firefighter
Brush: Vulfix Grosvenor mixed badger/boar
Razor: iKon X3 slant on bulldog handle, #10
Blade: Gillette Nacet, #2
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Noble Otter Firefighter aftershave

A quick two-pass DFS shave with minimal feedback. First use of the Firefighter and it was excellent. My puck leans towards the cedar scent, but it's the aftershave that's out of this world and where the scent really comes together with all of its elements (grapefruit, lavender, red cedarwood, etc.). Usual great NO performance to both the soap and aftershave.

Saturday shave

B0E1CFE5-D5EE-4DEA-B7FD-EB2547905ACE.jpeg

Prep: Curology The Cleanser
Soap: Deluxe Rockers
Brush: Ever-Ready F40 badger-cased boar
Razor: iKon X3 slant on bulldog handle, #11
Blade: Gillette Nacet, #3 and binned
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla

First time with the Deluxe Rockers and I had a fantastic shave–slick, thick, and cushioned. It was going so well, I added a third-pass to attempt a BBS. Didn't quite get there all over, but it was very close and comfortable with minimal feedback from the alum (especially considering I rarely do a third pass). I really enjoyed the scent of the soap--reminded me of Midnight Stag, which I also like, so I wasn't surprised when my wife's take was "Innertube." :facep:The Pinaud Clubman Classic Vanilla was a good match. For someone's who's not ordinarily a fan of vanilla, I can't believe how much I like this stuff. Easily my favorite of the Pinaud Clubman line and I'll be getting a large bottle and keeping it in the den permanently once this sample is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom