Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Banana Republic Cordovan
SOTD2-6-21.jpg

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CD1477F2-5803-4238-8734-004782BF3C08.jpeg

1) Great Britain: Brush Simpson Special Pure Badger.
2) Italy: Shaving Cream Palmolive.
3) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Australia: Aftershave Lotion Lynx Dimension Aftershave Lotion.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

68B16E84-0D4B-4EBF-94C3-473DA91A09C7.jpeg
02/06/2021
Pre Shave - Hot shower
Razor - Vikings Blade Godfather
Brush - Vikings Blade White Knight
Shaving Cream - Proraso
Blade - Treet Falcon
After Shave - Snake Bite

Just started using a safety razor to shave. In the first week of January, I shave my head bald and clean up my beard and neckline. Enjoy this set up as it’s my first going through a sample pack of blades but I am liking the Falcon blades use a blade 3-4 times before I dispose for a new one.

Sun 7th Gillette Weekend SOTD
Soap Van Yulay Puros La Habana...New Soap and WoW! Thanks to @MrBeez for the recommendation!
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette London Bridge 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Ohhh wow! Special indeed this soap. Nice flower pattern of the soap surface. Initial smell....barely but some semblance to a cigar. Upon lathering...waaaaaa. I so happened to have a box of Cohiba cigars and the scent is quite similar but the soap the lather is stronger. Definitely unlike the sweet Cavendish nor Haverford. Really enjoyed the scent which was consistent. I would rate it at 5-5.5 out of 10 strength. Quality-wise...creamy but found slickness just ok.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good. Smooth and comfortable for 3passes for a mostly bbs to dfs result but somehow get 2 micro weepers. Enjoyable session. Rating 9.5/10
20210207_131441.jpg

View attachment 1219264

Shoutout to @BigD and @FarmerTan in the video!

Razor - King C Gillette Safety Razor
Soap - Windsor Shave Stick (made in Australia)
Blade - Gillette Platinum (3rd use)
Brush - Moka Synthetic
Post - Tea Tree Witch Hazel
Moisturiser - Hyaluronic Serum
Balm - Prorasso Green Tea and Oat
EDT - Eau Sauvage by Dior

Comments: Used the Windsor shave stick for the first time (woke up a bit earlier to do this), scent is floral and smells like Jasmine. The soap is slick but not as cushioning as Arko, used a little too much water for it. Performance is Arko hands down without any doubt the winner but Windsor is much better for scent. For me if I had to choose as much as I dislike the scent of Arko, I'd use that over the Windsor. Even a loose lather on the arko is better than the Windsor as the Windsor just can't take the water being a vegetable soap. Scent is good. I'd only pack this for travelling on the cheap... wouldn't buy it again though. I'll use it a couple more times before fully confirming my opinion on it.
Thanks for the shout out. I'll watch it here in a little bit. I can't wait. I'm actually excited.

SOTD : 7th February 2021.

42.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Lemon ~ Flower Transparent Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Face Lather.
Lather: Boots ~ Original Shave Stick.
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic.(2)
Razor: Wilkinson Sword Premium. (TTO)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots Freshwood ASL + ASB.

Greetings,

The inexpensive WS continued working together superbly. It just goes to show you don't need to spend a great amount on shaving products to get a great shave.

A relaxing 3 pass + pick ups Close comfortable Sunday morning shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Boots ASB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy Sunday ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Oh no, now you got me nervous, I actually got a knot in my stomach... I hope I don't disappoint you.
Don't be worried. It's very enjoyable to watch.

I'm sorry the soap didn't perform as well as Arko. However, it looks like the soap would make a great travel shampoo. Also, what is great is that it seems your facial growth is about like mine. Very thick and course with fast growth. I see you also don't shave against the grain so much. Gives a great shave and less irritation.

Was that your wife doing the kitchen stuff in the background? Sounds like my house when I am home in the Philippines with my wife and daughter. Reminds me of home.

Don't be worried. It's very enjoyable to watch.

I'm sorry the soap didn't perform as well as Arko. However, it looks like the soap would make a great travel shampoo. Also, what is great is that it seems your facial growth is about like mine. Very thick and course with fast growth. I see you also don't shave against the grain so much. Gives a great shave and less irritation.

Was that your wife doing the kitchen stuff in the background? Sounds like my house when I am home in the Philippines with my wife and daughter. Reminds me of home.

Please do not apologise, it is always my pleasure to try new things and I am pleased if anything I do assists someone else. Oh yes, that was my wife preparing breakfast as I was doing the video, normally I do most of the cooking.... I hope it wasn't too distracting. I cringe at the poor quality of my production... I bought one of the $15 small ring light things from Kmart to try and improve things a bit.

I do against the grain regularly but not always... I often like diagonally sweeping cross grain action when things get tough, a type of slice cutting action rather than pure push cut, especially on the cheeks... yes the irritation is much much less and allows me to shave daily with no skin issues. Reflecting on it makes me think a bit now... and it dawned on me today it was instinctive because the lather was less cushioning. I also do this with sharper blades or aggressive razor and especially with new things to avoid nicks and weepers. I must confess after your comment and the realisation, I went to the bathroom and did a test lather with the Windsor stick, it's 8pm at the moment so no shave. But this time I really loaded up the face with it and slowly added water to work up the lather and I found the same result, it has very little cushion but some slickness which is funny, the whole lather just falls apart rather than coming together. And I've become more polarised on it, I really dislike the product now but the scent is still nice. Arko produces a proper lather and is fantastic compared to the Windsor, absolutely fantastic, it's like night and day.

Yes I have fast and course growth so it's fun to do razor battles and have someone relate. A lot of guys have sparse and finer growth so can get away with shaving less frequently, I don't mind because I enjoy shaving and feel terrific when things are on point, really uplifting start to the day, not so much with a bad shave.

I have been to the Philippines as my ex is a Filipina, very warm people... I hope you can be reunited with your family soon.

Please do not apologise, it is always my pleasure to try new things and I am pleased if anything I do assists someone else. Oh yes, that was my wife preparing breakfast as I was doing the video, normally I do most of the cooking.... I hope it wasn't too distracting. I cringe at the poor quality of my production... I bought one of the $15 small ring light things from Kmart to try and improve things a bit.

I do against the grain regularly but not always... I often like diagonally sweeping cross grain action when things get tough, a type of slice cutting action rather than pure push cut, especially on the cheeks... yes the irritation is much much less and allows me to shave daily with no skin issues. Reflecting on it makes me think a bit now... and it dawned on me today it was instinctive because the lather was less cushioning. I also do this with sharper blades or aggressive razor and especially with new things to avoid nicks and weepers. I must confess after your comment and the realisation, I went to the bathroom and did a test lather with the Windsor stick, it's 8pm at the moment so no shave. But this time I really loaded up the face with it and slowly added water to work up the lather and I found the same result, it has very little cushion but some slickness which is funny, the whole lather just falls apart rather than coming together. And I've become more polarised on it, I really dislike the product now but the scent is still nice. Arko produces a proper lather and is fantastic compared to the Windsor, absolutely fantastic, it's like night and day.

Yes I have fast and course growth so it's fun to do razor battles and have someone relate. A lot of guys have sparse and finer growth so can get away with shaving less frequently, I don't mind because I enjoy shaving and feel terrific when things are on point, really uplifting start to the day, not so much with a bad shave.

I have been to the Philippines as my ex is a Filipina, very warm people... I hope you can be reunited with your family soon.
I hope I get to go home soon as well. Don't worry about the background noise. It's heart warming.

As far as shave soaps that don't perform, I use them as shampoo bars and/or face cleansers. Life is too short for a bad shave.

I hope I get to go home soon as well. Don't worry about the background noise. It's heart warming.

As far as shave soaps that don't perform, I use them as shampoo bars and/or face cleansers. Life is too short for a bad shave.

Yes, I feel bad that you are away from them. I hope for a happy and speedy reuniting. I am going to try using it as a shampoo tomorrow, I'll trim a bit off the end.

"Life is too short for a bad shave." - 100%... I think that should be all shaver's motto!

Though I have some bad shaves ahead... I want to do more reviews of things I don't like so that others can make an informed opinion as I feel there needs to balance restored to the review process on the youtube platform. Secretly not looking forwards to them just like the feather and fusion, it makes it worse knowing that I'm going to do it in advance, hahahah. But I'll have a few nice shave before them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom