EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Rd4.jpg

Brush: Simpson Coates Fitzwilliam
Soap: Fabergé Brut
Razor: Gibbs #16 +/-
Blade: Kai - hole punched to fit Gibbs
Aftershave: Fabergé Brut Splash / Balm / Spray Lotion

It looked good. You didn't look awkward at all. However, on Ebay it looks like you can pick up Windsor Shave Sticks made there in Australia. Have you tried one of those? If so, how does it compare to the Arko?

I did pick one of these up actually. I haven't got around to using it. Will try and do a video tomorrow or the next day with the windsor stick for you. Tomorrow is pretty chockers though but it will be my next video.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

Shaving with this razor is as if you do not pass anything on your face, it is extremely soft and smooth without the slightest irritation, small and flirtatious, a real shaving charm.

Afeitarse con esta navajita es como si no te pasaras nada por la cara, es suavidad extrema apurando sin la más mínima irritación, chiquita y coqueta todo un encanto afeiteril
proxy.php

SOTD 05/02/2021

Razor:
NAVAJA Wacker Chevalier 6/8 punta francesa

Brush: SEMOGUE Torga C-5 Finest Badger negro azabache 24x50 mm

Pre-Shave: L’OCCITANE Cade aceite

Lather: D.R. HARRIS ARLINGTON

Aftershave: LAVANDA Eau de Cologne Ach Brito

Additional Care:

MYRSOL emulsión
"Small and flirtatious." Well said!

Sotd first use Proraso menthol shaving cream and aftershave lotion,What a great cream very good slickness,great scent of menthol and eucalyptus and great menthol kick doing shave,First use of Rapira blade it is an sharp blade for me bit sharper then Voskhod what i used last time and close shave! My Slim was on setting 5 as always,At the end i used for first time Proraso menthol and eucalyptus aftershave lotion it was amazing feel great menthol kick and cooling efect,At the end i finished with Nivea men balm.Very happy with this shave i can only say i spent well my money on this products great quality! Wish you all nice weekend and thanks for reading

20210206_110502-01.jpeg

I did pick one of these up actually. I haven't got around to using it. Will try and do a video tomorrow or the next day with the windsor stick for you. Tomorrow is pretty chockers though but it will be my next video.
Cool, I can't wait. Is this something you were able to pick up locally, or do you have get it through the mail? Also, what is "chockers"?

Cool, I can't wait. Is this something you were able to pick up locally, or do you have get it through the mail? Also, what is "chockers"?

Funny story... I've not seen this before and have been into a shop called "The shaver shop" in our shopping malls here in Australia. I've never seen it before in our local store but in Bondi Junction I just found it and purchased it. I knew it was online though. So I literally have just purchased it. I paid $3.50 but I've seen it for a bit cheaper online. It is made down in Melbourne, so it's a good thing. Packing is pretty plain. I'll talk about it on the video.

Oh, hahahah, sorry... "chockers" means completely full or very busy or booked up.

E.g. people in the country walking into a pub and ask for a table... the staff say "sorry there, you'll have to wait a sec for a table, we're chockers at the minute".

Or

"Would you like seconds?"... "Nah, I'm good, feeling chock full".

Tomorrow got a few things on = "chockers"... depends on if there enough time to video a shave, should be okay, not sure though.

Funny story... I've not seen this before and have been into a shop called "The shaver shop" in our shopping malls here in Australia. I've never seen it before in our local store but in Bondi Junction I just found it and purchased it. I knew it was online though. So I literally have just purchased it. I paid $3.50 but I've seen it for a bit cheaper online. It is made down in Melbourne, so it's a good thing. Packing is pretty plain. I'll talk about it on the video.

Oh, hahahah, sorry... "chockers" means completely full or very busy or booked up.

E.g. people in the country walking into a pub and ask for a table... the staff say "sorry there, you'll have to wait a sec for a table, we're chockers at the minute".

Or

"Would you like seconds?"... "Nah, I'm good, feeling chock full".

Tomorrow got a few things on = "chockers"... depends on if there enough time to video a shave, should be okay, not sure though.
Awesome. Pretty cool you were able to pick something up in the store. To me, something you can pick up is a lot more fun than ordering. Also, thanks for the definition of chockers. Make sense.

When I am in Subic a lot of my friends are Aussie Vets. I only catch half of what they are saying, but I figure it's all good sense we are all three sheets to the wind on beer anyway.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen

6 February, 2021

Brush:
PAA StarCraft
Lather: Stirling Weekend in Malibu*
Razor: Oristo
Blade: Derby Premium
Balm: CeraVe Moisturizer
Frag: Ted Lapidus

*Not to sound barmy, but I shaved with
something balmy as the temperature
hit a "tropical" 37°F yesterday.

Stay healthy, everyone!

Friday, 2/5

20210205_091610.jpg

Razor - Gillette Heritage
Blade - Gillette Nacet
Brush - Grizzly Bay "Kashyyyk" 26mm HMW
Soap - Declaration Grooming Cuir Et Epices
A/S - Brickell unscented

I've never used a DE89/R89 before, so this was my first experience with a head that's similar. Really nice and smooth, average efficiency. Shave was pretty close and lasted nicely. The razor is small and agile, and a little head-heavy with how I grip it. It did a good job, I liked it. This soap has such a weird scent to me; something sharp and vegetal about it. But for a reason I can't explain, I kind of enjoy it. Been a while since I used this brush; it was fantastic, better than I remember. Good stuff all around.

Sat shave 2.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Haslinger Coconut
Brush
B&B Essential, 10th Anniv Edit.
Razor
Timeless SB .68
Blade
Personna Lab
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & PAA Mysterium Serum
Fragrance
Versace, The Dreamer
Rating
10/10. Every shave with the combo of Timeless SB .68 and Personna Lab has been a 10.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Sat, Feb 6th 2021

Razor: Gillette Golden Teck- MFG 1940's,NDcode, mild range, I used a Kai SS (extra wide blade) and it bumped it up nicely IMO.
Blade: Kai SS (5) Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth + wider than a standard Gillette. Great longevity also.
Soap: Speick- nice mild spicy scent with excellent lathe qualities.
Brush: Yaqi timberwolf whiskers 24 mm, excellent lather generator, soft cloud like whiskers, good back bone + great lather painter.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.(-35C,38 indoor humidity)
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: excellent shave with my Gillette golden tech + Kai SS extra wide. I use to struggle to get a closer shave with the tech but with the Kai blade it made it a more enjoyable shave IMO!!
DE SOTD, Sat, Feb 6th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay and think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom