• Fine Lather Bowl
  • VdH Green Boar
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Clubman Special Reserve AS/EdC
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
  • Every Man Jack Cedarwood Deodorant
  • Dapper Dan Heavy Hold Pomade
My first go with the Game Changer. I was really expecting a much more aggressive shave. I was shocked on how smooth it was. The Jaws plate was perfect for the first WTG pass. The OC plate just a smidgen less aggressive than the Jaws for ATG. The final \TG pass was perfect with the SB. Just smartly engineered.
proxy.php

proxy.php

SOTD : 20th February 2020.

l.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Wrights ~ Traditional Cold Tar Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather : Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate shave cream. +Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (2)

Razor: Ming Shi 3000s Adjustable. (settings) wtg 5, xtg 6, atg + pick ups 7.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~Unscented Moisturiser Lotion.

Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Greetings,

A very eclectic assortment of shaving products for my early morning shave that worked together brilliantly.

The Gillette winner blade has performed wonderfully throughout the week. It paired together very nicely with the 3000s making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient duo...I've been fortunate with all my indian made blades,and have yet to have any intermittent quality problems or dullness..Regardless what blade it is, i always hand strop them before use to remove any hidden burrs or imaginary ones from the blade edges..I intend to use the gillette winner blade for a full month soon,as i find then wonderfully suited to my skin type and have matched up with each razor i've put them in..It's also a great way to thin down on my vast amount of blades i have in my shaving den.

Final maiden shave of the week using the edwin jagger limes & pomegranate shave cream along with the OSP grapefruit & menthol shave cream,this is one of the best shave cream that I’ve tried to date the scent to my nose is a nice clean scent that doesn’t over power your senses,like the G F. Trumpers Shaving cream i started my weekend with only a small amount is needed,mixed together with the Scottish fine shaving soap made a fantastic Uber/Superlather which was more than adequate for my shave..Leaving a fantastic post shave feel.

Another very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous Splash of Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo, Less Aggressive Plate
Blade: Gillette Rubie Plus
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

IMG_6593.jpg

Date:- 20 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Orange, Cedarwood & Black Pepper
Razor/Blade:- Muhle R41 with iKon Bulldog / Astra Superior Platinum #4
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Acqua di Gio Pour Homme

Today's Shave;
  • Game Changer 84 (Jaws, OC, and SB)
  • Dorco Prime (1)
  • @Colonel Conk Bay Rum
  • VdH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • VdH Green Boar
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Clubman Special Reserve AS/EdC
  • Homemade Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
  • Every Man Jack Cedarwood Deodorant
  • Dapper Dan Heavy Hold Pomade
My first go with the Game Changer. I was really expecting a much more aggressive shave. I was shocked on how smooth it was. The Jaws plate was perfect for the first WTG pass. The OC plate just a smidgen less aggressive than the Jaws for ATG. The final \TG pass was perfect with the SB. Just smartly engineered.
proxy.php

proxy.php
I meant XTG, not ATG. I never go ATG.

03EF5870-3A30-4563-9A10-4175AC0F5436.jpeg

SOTD Thursday 02/20/20

The shave today went well! I'd forgotten how efficient the Barbasol Floating Head was. Thank goodness for muscle memory! The ego dynamics are completely different. The Rex Ambassador is a hefty, short-handled razor, whereas the Barbasol Floating Head has a much longer handle and different weight distribution. My only gripe is that the longer handle makes it a bit more painful to do the back of my head. My Barbasol is an 85-90 yr old girl who knows her business, but will bite if not attended to. I loaded up with a Suneko and had a very relaxed and pleasant shave. Since it was my first outing with the old girl in several months, I decided to not push for the BBS.

My prep consisted of a cold water rinse. I then began my first pass by whipping up a rich, glistening MWF lather with my trusty Omega Pro48 Boar, the end of which had been soaking in warm water while I finished my shower. There’s something about a well-broken in boar that is just indescribable! The firm backbone builds that thick paste that is then face and head lathered and feels so good on the skin. The first WTG pass consisted of short careful strokes and reduced the whiskers pretty significantly on both face and dome. My second lather set the stage for a leisurely XTG pass that, as the Rex master of TSD is known to say, “put the baby to bed”. The third ATG pass just consisted of some very careful buffing in the usual problem areas, but I didn’t push it, as Madame Barbasol has been known to bite at this point. After rinsing off, I did feel some stinging from the back of the dome that I’d just finished buffing, but a napkin revealed no blood. The shave overall was enjoyable, but ended with some very slight roughness around the Adam’s Apple. All in all the shave finished as a DFS. Tomorrow I’ll load a Feather to see if it will get me closer to the goal. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Barbasol Floating Head
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Murray and Lanman Florida Water AS/Cologne

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
View attachment 1064990
SOTD Thursday 02/20/20

The shave today went well! I'd forgotten how efficient the Barbasol Floating Head was. Thank goodness for muscle memory! The ego dynamics are completely different. The Rex Ambassador is a hefty, short-handled razor, whereas the Barbasol Floating Head has a much longer handle and different weight distribution. My only gripe is that the longer handle makes it a bit more painful to do the back of my head. My Barbasol is an 85-90 yr old girl who knows her business, but will bite if not attended to. I loaded up with a Suneko and had a very relaxed and pleasant shave. Since it was my first outing with the old girl in several months, I decided to not push for the BBS.

My prep consisted of a cold water rinse. I then began my first pass by whipping up a rich, glistening MWF lather with my trusty Omega Pro48 Boar, the end of which had been soaking in warm water while I finished my shower. There’s something about a well-broken in boar that is just indescribable! The firm backbone builds that thick paste that is then face and head lathered and feels so good on the skin. The first WTG pass consisted of short careful strokes and reduced the whiskers pretty significantly on both face and dome. My second lather set the stage for a leisurely XTG pass that, as the Rex master of TSD is known to say, “put the baby to bed”. The third ATG pass just consisted of some very careful buffing in the usual problem areas, but I didn’t push it, as Madame Barbasol has been known to bite at this point. After rinsing off, I did feel some stinging from the back of the dome that I’d just finished buffing, but a napkin revealed no blood. The shave overall was enjoyable, but ended with some very slight roughness around the Adam’s Apple. All in all the shave finished as a DFS. Tomorrow I’ll load a Feather to see if it will get me closer to the goal. I feel clean, smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: Barbasol Floating Head
BLADE: Suneko
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Murray and Lanman Florida Water AS/Cologne
Nice narrative. Interesting and informative.

Thursday
Preshave: Imperial Glycerine Soap /Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: Gillette Flare Tip Rocket
Blade: PermaSharp Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in Best Badger
Soap: Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Aftershave: Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Alum
Balm: AoS Unscented ASB

Top Bottom