Whilliam

First Class Citizen
proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Wholly Kaw Fougère Parfaite
Razor: Merkur Mergress (3)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (5)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Phoenix & Beau Right Handed Giant A/S Balm; Saponificio Varesceno Pro Victus
Scent: Caron Yatagan

Back to good old Myrsol Emulsion after finishing my tin of ABC pre-shave cream. I was rewarded with a great shave. The Wholly Kaw Fougère Parfaite soap performed beautifully, and the scent is a delightful tribute to Fabergé Brut. I was gliding the razor across my ugly mug with a few finishing buffs, and got too cocky. As the shave was going so well, I decided to do an ATG buff at the corner of my mouth - something I cannot recall doing before. Due to the considerable blade gap of the Mergress and my clumsy angle of attack, the blade bit on contact without me even making a stoke. Ouch! One of those nicks that is so deep that at first it does not bleed, and you think you've got away with it, then 20 seconds later the claret starts to show. Lesson learnt - don't get cocky with an aggressive razor :001_rolle. Thankfully, the astringent properties of the Witch Hazel were enough to stop the bleeding without me resorting to alum. I matched the soap scent with Phoenix & Beau's take on Fabergé Brut - Right Handed Giant. A slightly deeper and darker rendition - I lean towards this over the Wholly Kaw, but both are bloody good. A quick dab of SV Pro Victus to the nick and all was well.
After the sweet notes of the Brut tributes, it seems entirely appropriate for a blast of that powerhouse oakmoss beast of a fougère that is Caron Yatagan.
A true Yatagan Man! Sorry to hear you were wounded in action, though.
proxy.php

Smart Helix Apollo/PSI :: Heritage Collection :: Grooming Dept. :: B&M Classic AS
Good to see someone is enjoying some sunny weather!

Very Special Saturday SOTD
So today's Shave was very special indeed !
Made possible with a little help from My Friends.
First off the Polished Titanium Timeless SB .95 , I never had used the Timeless SB Razor before :) and it was a wonderful treat Thanks to @Calm_Shaver .
The second Razor was a polished Titanium Timeless Open comb .95
The Blades for these 2 fine Razors were blades that I had never used before , again thanks to @Calm_Shaver .
I guess I could have called it my Calm Shave as the soap was also given to me by ,you guessed it @Calm_Shaver :) thanks Marius.
Now the Brushes , yeah Brushes 2 of them
First off my new Cedar with 25mm STF , I have to thank @CigarSmoka for the beautiful Wood
The second brush thank you goes to @never-stop-learning , Thanks David for the wonderful 26mm full moon synthetic knot :)
And lastly thank you @Kevy for his Post Shave ritual of using the left over lather for a good Face Wash , using 2 brushes I had enough left over lather for a head wash also
The only difference was I didn't rinse off with
Scottish water and you know what they say,, if it ain't Scottish it's Cra*
All in all it was was a marvelous Saturday SOTD with a little help from my friendsView attachment 1065820
Awesome Shave @Graydog !! I’m glad you’re enjoying the Soaps and Blades Steve. Beautiful Brushes as always! Having a wonderful Calm Shave on the weekend is Priceless. Good Job My Friend.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SATURDAY, 22 February 2020

Pre: Dove bar (soap, not ice cream)
Lather: Body Shop Maca Root
Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Turkish copper
Razor: Hone Type 15
Blade: SilverStar (3)
Splash: Homebrew (WH/Clubman Lime/glycerin/jojoba)
Frag: Azzaro Chrome*
*A bit early in the season for this juice,
but it's warmed up here, and, as they say,
"spring is right around the corner."

Saturday SOTD

An awesome shave today. I’m loving the Proraso Green soap! I’ve been using the Red for a while and I really like it as well but I may have to give the green the edge IMO.

Preshave-Shower

Brush-Synthetic knot in a homemade Missouri Meerschaum Pipe

Soap-Proraso Green

Razor- Gillette ball end Tech (post WWII)

Blade-Feather

Post shave- Nivea balm and Proraso Red AS

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22nd February 2020:Anglo Italian symphony in color cream

Razor: Fatip Gold Classic Open Comb
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Zenith Silvertip
Soap: Mitchells Wool Fat
Aftershave: Extrò Cosmesi Tabacco ASL
Styptic: Proraso Gel
Type: WTG+2*XTG

Outcome: Not for the faint hearted on my neck.
Lesson learned: This razor will teach me importance of pressure and angle.
I think it is the correct tool to make me shave better.

sotd22022020.jpg

Prep-warm water and soap
Qshave Merkur Futur clone
Shark Super Stainless
Balea Men synthetic brush
Balea Men shaving cream
Bandido Army aftershave spray
IMG_20200222_184420.jpg

Felt strange at first spraying aftershave on my face instead of massaging it with my hands but it is pretty nice. A fresh scent but pretty faint. In 20-30 minutes it disappears completely. Gives quite a sting though. The only thing I don't like is the plastic bottle. I was expecting glass.
Should've dialed down the setting of the razor from 5. Didn't do it so the Shark tasted blood. In the end though the skin became soothed again.

Saturday night shave 2/22/20:

Prep:
Hot shower
Preshave: Proraso white
Scuttle: Dirty Bird Pottery
Brush: Thater 3-Band silvertip
Soap: PAA Old Salty CK-6
Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4 WTG, XTG, R2 ATG)
Blade: Voskhod
Aftershave: Thayers WH Unscented, GFT Skin Food Coral

1582415637995.jpeg

Comments:
This was my second time using the Rockwell 6S. The second shave was just as enjoyable if not more so than the first. 3 passes but this time I went to a milder plate for ATG. Very smooth and comfortable. No nicks or weepers. No irritation this time around. This is also the first time trying PAA soaps. Love the Old Salty scent. The scent seems to be a bit stronger than the Truefitt & Hill and TOBS creams and feels like it sticks with me a bit more post-shave which is nice.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Saturday SOTD

An awesome shave today. I’m loving the Proraso Green soap! I’ve been using the Red for a while and I really like it as well but I may have to give the green the edge IMO.

Preshave-Shower

Brush-Synthetic knot in a homemade Missouri Meerschaum Pipe

Soap-Proraso Green

Razor- Gillette ball end Tech (post WWII)

Blade-Feather

Post shave- Nivea balm and Proraso Red AS

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Neat gear, especially the brush.

02/22/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Marine Park Grapefruit and Patchouli
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astro Traveler Conditioning Shampoo Puck - Epic Fall Seasonal Scent
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astro Traveler Artisan Shaving Soap - Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Solar Flare - 24mm Nexus Hybrid Synth Brush based on the Erskine K-250
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Schick New and Improved 1940-1941 Type F Injector Razor - First Use!
Schick Injector Blade - 1st Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Lemon Witch Hazel Astringent with Aloe Vera Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Astro Traveler Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Galactic Shea Butter Unrefined 100% Natural
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Boomtown Bay Rum Natural Deodorant - Sport Formula

B IMG_6855.jpg

Saturday, 2/22:

20200222_131525.jpg

Razor - Razorock OLD TYPE
Blade - Feather
Brush - Dorian Crafts "Carnival 061" 24mm 2-band badger
Soap - Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

A very nice mild shave today that felt great. The Dorian brush is a pleasure to hold in the hand, it just fits really well. The loft is lower than I'd like, but it worked beautifully in the bowl, and I got an absolutely lovely lather from the soap in short order. The more I use Cologne Russe, the more I love it. It really opened up as I started lathering it. I get a lot of clove/nutmeg/allspice notes from it; big, bold, intoxicating. Between the slickness of the soap, the Feather blade, and the mildness of the Old Type, the thing just flew on cruise control. Fast shave and great results.

Top Bottom