SOTD, Friday, February 21st, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Penhaligon's English Leather shave soap
Simpson badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Penhaligon's English Fern cologne

proxy.php

Oh dude, that story makes it even better. Good for you! I wish I had something like that of my grandfather's. That's awesome.
Thanks a lot! It's an honor to use it.
The craftsman continues working as a hobbie nowadays. If you want a similar one, would be possible. A mate of a Spanish forum want a similar one and I'm going to ask the man if it will be possible.

I was so looking forward to using this soap, as I'm also a fan of Joan Jett and love the homage scents. Both my first time using Dr. Jon's, and a vegan soap. Built up a nice lather on the brush and then the bowl, LOVED the scent, but then something awful happened. As I moved the razor over my face, hardly any hair came off from only a 2 day growth. I tried some adjustments but the whole first pass went that way. Not Good! I reached for the nearest razor, the old Mach 3 under the sink, and re-lathered for the 2cd pass and a light touch up 3rd. Success!! I was left BBS with zero irritation.

I'm not sure what happened, I got 5 comfy shaves on the last Astra I used, but this thing was dead and I don't think I can place the blame on the soap. So, I will use the soap again on my next shave and use a fresh blade for another experience to make a better decision on the soap.

Pre- Liquid Neutrogena face wash & warm water
Soap- Dr Jon's Runaway
Brush- Omega 636 21mm silvertip
Bowl- Captain's Choice
Razor- Merkur 34c, switching to Mach 3 cart after pass 1
Blade- Astra SP (5)
Post- Classic Shaving alum, cold water rinse, Neutrogena Toner
AS- Nivea sensitive skin

SOTD 2 21 20.jpg

Thanks a lot! It's an honor to use it.
The craftsman continues working as a hobbie nowadays. If you want a similar one, would be possible. A mate of a Spanish forum want a similar one and I'm going to ask the man if it will be possible.

Oh man, I'd love one, but I have 3 or 4 lathering bowls already; my wife would be not so pleased! 😆

Reactions: ICS
Friday Night Shave
B7EB6696-93D9-40C2-B15E-B8DD7B4AABC5.jpeg

RAZOR: #15 British Arisocrat
BLADE: Gillette Silver Blue
BRUSH: my creation with
30mm Tuxedo
SOAP: Tabac
AS: Tabac

This was my maiden shave with the 15 and my first British Gillette. I had 4 days growth to mow down. I must say I am VERY impressed with this razor. It Is what I would consider middle of the road blade feel. However the efficiency is top notch.

I finished with a DFS+. I always finish with an Aluminum block. One to gauge for razor burn and secondly for antiseptic. There was ZERO burn. I can’t wait to get several shaves with this and try some other blades.

This is a keeper.
Tom B7EB6696-93D9-40C2-B15E-B8DD7B4AABC5.jpeg

Nice mild shave today, because i had very little beard growth (2days) I could of either used a aggressive razor & go for a quick 2 pass shave or use a mild razor & take my time, I went with the latter. The razor inuse was a British Gillette Tech with the faceted head, a very mild razor. I also tried a new blade which i will be using for my next few shaves the "Anchor Platinum Edge"
IMG_20200222_024405.jpg

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: British Gillette Tech / Custom handle
Blade: Anchor Platinum Edge
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Shaving cream: The Real Shaving Co.
IMG_20200219_043146.jpg

Very nice shave, the blade performed well not the sharpest but moderately sharp, struggled a little on my moustache area but other than that smooth & comfortable, very smooth feeling i guess the mild razor helped in combination with the slick shaving cream. Funnily enough i always get a nick or 2 with mild razors caught my top lip & just below my adams apple small miniscule nicks that disappeared at the end of the shave once i washed my face with cold water. Will try the same blade in another razor for my next few shaves to get a better conclusion, plus blades generally shine on their 2nd & 3rd use.

Happy shaves my friends hope you all have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited:
proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Soap: PannaCrema Nuavia Rossa
Razor: Merkur Mergress (3)
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Proraso Green A/S Splash
Scent: Acca Kappa 1869 EdP

Great shave. Love the scent and performance of the PannaCrema soap.

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: GEM Junior Bar
Blade: Gem PTFE SS (D6)
Brush: Rudy Vey Chubby w 30mm Super Silvertip
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 10 5½”
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Bay Rum w Lime
Shave Soap: Nobel Otter Plunder
Balm: Viking Soaps Bay Rum
Aftershave: Nobel Otter Plunder

SOTD : 22nd February 2020.

m.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face & head.

Simple ~ Sensitive Pure Soap Bar.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl Lather.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Soap : Le Pere`Lucien ~ Fougēre. (Sample)

Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Gummy ~ Traditional Turkish Tobacco Cologne.

L'0real ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Face & Head Shave.

A new shave set up to start the weekend of which i'm making a Soap sample week ,which where all kindly past on to me by various people...Starting off with the LPL Fougēre soap which is a french 100% vegan soap that was kindly passed on to me by TTSR fellow memeber I have to be to honest and state every shave i've had with this vegan soap sample has been absolutely amazing good. I only use a small amount but is enough for the full shave without going back to the sample tub to add more, the post shave feel is fantastic, as is the slickness,protection & fragrance, not 'full on' in your face, but a nice lingering scent.

I've had this fantastic soap on my buy list for a long time now,but having a such a vast amount of shaving soaps and creams to contend with,i wouldn't be able to use it up and give it the attention this superb soap rightly deserves.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth face & head shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a few generous dollop of L'0real ~ Soothing Birch Sap PSB..

My face & precious swede are both feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Date:- 22 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike's Natural ~ Bergamot, Orange & Ylang Ylang
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Gillette Stainless (red & white) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

Today's Sandalwood Saturday Shave;
  • Rockwell 6S Model T Gunmetal
  • Dorco ST-301 (2)
  • Proraso Red
  • Q Shave Bowl
  • Captain's Choice Heavy Copper Lather Bowl
  • Zenith S6
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Proraso Red AS
  • Proraso Red Pre/Post Shave used for Post only
  • Stirling Soaps Sandalwood Deodorant
  • Million Dollar Hair Tonic
  • Dax Short and Neat Pomade
  • Gold Bond Body Powder
[IMG]

[IMG]

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Sandpiper
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW Long Comb
Blade: Vintage Gillette “Spoiler” Super Stainless (9)
Brush: Whipped Dog Silvertip-24mmx52mm
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the Whipped Dog Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette “Spoiler” SS still in the Gillette NEW Long Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Top Bottom