What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 15th - February 21st, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Fri, Feb 2021

Razor: Kai Style shavette- Mfg 2018> great zamik shavette to learn with and easy to manipulate over the face, guarded blade is nice for this Greenhorn. I do not shave with it every day but still can get a great shave.
Blade: Kai Protouch guarded, excellent blade, Sharp & smoooth and highly recommended for any shaving level from beginner to seasoned shaver.
Soap: Razorock The Dead Sea- very nice scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's 24mm knot, excellent lather generator with heavenly cloud like soft tips, gentle scrub + great lather painter.
Pre shave: brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 pickups. WTG + 2x ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea splash with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 blemmish weeper = :a17: Excellent shave with my Kai style shavette and Kai Proguard blade.

SOTD, Fri, Feb 19th 2021.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

AAF1AFDF-B116-4F42-AA4C-42B62084F5D4.jpeg

SOTD FRIDAY MORNING, FEBRUARY 19, 2021

I’m definitely looking forward to nicer weather. Woke up to sleet this morning. So I decided to break out the Stirling Obsidian Glacial Soap and AS. Last night I touched up my A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 on my jasper stone with a series of successively diluted slurries and finished in water. It had begun to tug during my last shave with it. This morning’s mug shave following the touch up was glorious. Three lather sweeping passes easily put the baby to bed! Whenever I use this soap it reminds me of my grandmother’s anisette cookies. The noggin shave with my Karve E_OC finished the morning shave ablutions with two smooth ATG passes leaving me clean, cool, velveteen smooth, and quite refreshed. The Stirling Obsidian Glacial AS Splash set the tone for the day! I wish all my shave brothers and sisters a good day despite the stinky weather! Spring is just around the corner!

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 (Mug), Karve E_OC Plate (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Stirling Obsidian Glacial
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by a rinse with Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Stirling Obsidian Glacial AS Splash.

SOTD (050/2021)
19-02-2021

>> "One blade in February"- challenge <<

20210219_114210-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water.
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall 26/56
Soap: Stirling Soap ~ Executive Man
Razor: Razorock German 37
Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword China (19)
Postshave: frigid tap water, S'Oliver ~ Follow your Soul AS & EdT.

Shave #19 with the chinese made Gillette Wilkinson Sword.
Yesterday's shave wasn't pleasant at all (rough like sandpaper), but today the blade is back on track(switched razors today).

Had an excellent and smooth shave with a pleasant level of comfort. Just a tad of roughness. After having completed three passes and some minor touch ups, my face felt "oil on glas"-like. The German 37 basically never fails to meet my expectations, but today's shave even was better than expected.

Have a nice Friday!

Last edited:
17-2-2021

Agua y jabón :: Luna, Tellus :: Semogue, TSN LE 2020 :: Wolfman 1,25 OC, astra :: Varón Dandy

proxy.php

18-2-2021

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Waves :: Semogue, FA LE 2019 :: Raw Shaving, astra :: Myrsol, Aftershave blue

proxy.php

19-2-2021

Agua y jabón :: Barrister & Mann, Spice :: Semogue, TSN LE 2020 :: Feather AS-D2, astra :: Varón Dandy

proxy.php

Salut!

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Enviado desde mi iPad utilizando Tapatalk

Saturday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Leaf Razor
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (D6)
Brush: Heritage Collection Dubl Duck 4 W 26mm Gel Boar
Bowl: The Distinctive Goat Style 3 5" Maple\Walnut
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Earl Grey
Balm: Organic Shea Butter
Aftershave: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender Toner

Sat 20th SOTD
Soap CBL Fusion Dragon's Blood 1st Use!
Brush Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo
Razor Yaqi DOC
Blade American Shave Platinum 3rd
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Old Spice Original
Quite an interesting scent from the lather. Can't really place it except it's kinda heavy and rich like. Medium strength throughout. The quality is amazing...richly creamy and very slick from just a little. The post-shave feel is good too...
Shave with the razor and blade pairing is one of the best. Nicely smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a mostly BBS result!
20210220_090634-jpg.1225643

Attachments

• 20210220_090634.jpg
    20210220_090634.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 115

SOTD : 20th February 2021.

49.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Cien ~ PURE Fragrance Free Sensitive Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Face Lather.
Lather : Eco Warrior Bergamot & Lime Shaving Bar.
Blade : Personna Gem PTFE. (1)
Razor: Ever-Ready 1914. (Brass) (US)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Brut~Sport Style ASL./Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

(vintage SE razor Week)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....It's been a while since i last gave my vintage SE razors a run out starting the weekend off with my Ever-Ready 1914, as always it was a pleasure to shave with...The vintage Ever-Ready SE razors don't get the credit they so rightly deserve paired up with the Gem PTFE blade it mowed through my stubble with smooth efficiency...My fondness for the Eco Warrior shaving bar grows with each shave... A wonderful performing shaving soap that gives a superb post shave feel.

A very enjoyable 3 pass + pickups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
9A72E6D9-3105-4250-B02F-6AC4CB6EC0BC.jpeg

1) United Kingdom: Shave Gel Bulldog Original Shave Gel.
2) Multinational: Razor Gillette SkinGuard. Cartridge made in Germany, Handle made in Poland and assembled in Poland.
3) France: Alum Block Osma.
4) United Kingdom: Aftershave Balm Bulldog Original Aftershave Balm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom