What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 11th - February 17th, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !
SOTD: Pre: Argan oil / Soap: LEA Stick (face latering) / Brush: SEMOGUE 1250 / Razor: open comb no name / Blade: 7 O'clock Super Stainless (2#) / Post: Old Spice + Mildeen Balm
thumbnail.jpeg

Friday

Brush: Simpson Duke 3 Best
Soap: Williams
Razor: '62 H1 Slim Adjustable
Blade: Indian Wilkinson
A/S: Aqua Velva Musk
Cologne / Fragrance: Ikon Zirh

Mike

SOD 2/15/2019

Happy Friday everyone!

Homemade Pre-Shave Oil: Eucalyptus Jojoba Oil (in shower)
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Soap
Rudy Vey Black Knight Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip
Wolfman WR1 w/Astra SP (1)
Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
Thayer's Lavender WH
Pinaud Clubman (33% BONUS!)
Lubriderm Post Shave Lotion
IMG_2059.jpeg

BEB68005-6366-40A8-8A73-79A3ADBD9AFF.jpeg

Soap: Razorock American Barber
Brush: Simpson Special
Razor: Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Big Ben (2)
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR

Have a great Friday

15 February 2019

Symmetrical Pottery Bowl ~ Schick Injector Razor (G3) + Proline
Lancaster Razor Works Custom Brush ~ GD Preshave ~ DG/CL Sni Mato
Chatillon Lux - Sni Mato Toner + AS

DG Sni Mato Frame.jpg

proxy.php

Hello, old friends. After yesterday's facial breakout, I went back to my "rut puck", Fine (in this case lavender). I 3017'ed 2 fine pucks in a row back in 2016/2017. I was happily in a rut. I didn't have any zitty/rashy stuff on my face, so it's time for a change. (this is also stuff I'm auditioning for the March 4for4) Maybe, some of my new artisan stuff is too greasy for my face. Oh well, this was a fantastic shave.

The Mamba 70/Super Max Blue Diamond Titanium combo may be my March 4for4.

This Razorock brush is great for this deep personalized mug. Plus, since it's not metal like my other RR400's, it doesn't clank my mug.

I'm also planning on 3017'ing some aftershaves just to make space, including this Nivea splash I got in Italy.

15 Feb 2019
Dorco PL602
Zorrik Talvar (25)
FS Black Badger 20mm
Bath House Spanish Fig & Nutmeg
Lea ASB

Last shave with this blade. I really wanted to make it to 30 with this one but oh well..
Also, someone should really make a stainless or brass version of this razor.. damn good.
IMG_20190215_183219.jpg

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Astra Green
Brush: MadeRite 58 w/TGN ST Grade A
Shave Soap: CF Midnight Stag
Aftershave: Pinaud Special Reserve
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Paladin Shaving Jade Beehive Fan

RazoRock Baby Smooth

Herc Soap Co Hot Chocolate Mint

(at)myshaves on Instagram
proxy.php

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

2/15/19
Martin de Candre
Plisson pour L'Occitane
11/16 Opinel
Tony Miller Premium Fast Bridle Strop
RazoRock Alum Stick
Nivea Post Shave Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD2-15-19.jpg

proxy.php

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: MUHLE Jet Rocca R96
Blade: SUPER IRIDIUM Extra Stainless
Brush: YAQI Espacio misterioso Silvertip 24 mm
Pre-Shave: FLOID Pre
Lather: FURBO Blu vintage
Aftershave: FURBO Smart
Additional Care:
MYRSOL emulsión​

ATT Windsor C R / Gillette Super Platinum
Omega 10098 Boar
‘Starry Night’ Lather Bowl by Symmetrical Pottery
Lakewood Solar Eclipse Shave Soap
Floïd Amber ASL with added menthol

proxy.php

Saturday SOTD

Razor: RazoRock Baby Smooth
Blade: Parker SS Platinum (D1)
Brush: Muhle V2 Synthetic Travel Brush
Bowl: Collapsible Travel 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Patchouli & Mint
Shave Cream: Irisch Moos
Aftershave: Irisch Moos

Road trip for a week and this is one of two shave setups that I took on the road with me. No photos while I am on the road.

Friday Night

‘65 English Tech
Personna Med (8)
Barbasol Pacific Rush
Skin Bracer AS

No irritation, BBS results.
In the top 5% of all my
close shaves. I like this scent of Barbasol... menthol and there’s caffeine added to it! Not sure of the reason why they do it!

SOTD : 16th February 2019.

8.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face. / Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : RazoRock ~ What The Puck. 'Lime Burst'.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 3,wtg,3,xtg,4,wtg + Pick Ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne .

Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave due to me having to do a Saturday morning to midday shift at the mill...As always needs must unfortunately.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..recently i won £20 in the work lottery, so as a treat to myself i bought a job lot assortment of new & hardly used shaving soaps & a Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic shaving brush from Ebay ,all for the grand total of £20, with postage.

I've broken my buying 'no more shaving related items until my birthday in june' but, i couldn't resist this bargain, it was money i won so i could justify it to myself, besides that i probably won't buy any more shaving related items for the rest of the year now...'Well. hopefully anyway'.

Anyway, back to the shave..Maiden shave trio with the RazoRock 'What The Puck' Lime Burst tripled milled soap,Yaqi Naples synthetic brush and the Gillette 7'o clock super platinum blade, which i've had for a while but it's only now have i've got round to trying them out.

The RazoRock W.T.P. 'Lime Burst' shaving soap is the first of the tripled milled soap,that i've i also have a tub of 'Orange Sunrise',which i'll be trying out next weekend.

My first impressions of the soap are, it takes a bit more time to build a lather,which for me personally isn't a big issue i found after the soap has been bloomed in hot tap water for five minutes i was rewarded with incredibly rich, creamy lather with a very good slickness and a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

The Yaqi Naples synthetic brush worked really well with the soap,i really like the long handle,as with my Yaqi Sagrada Familia, it was a delight to use with it'a cloud-soft tips, but still has a good amount of backbone which will be excellent for both face & bowl lathering, a great brush that i look forward to using in my future SOTD set ups.

The indian made gillette 7'o clock super platinum blade i will be testing out in my Indian made razors for all my SOTD's this week.The overall verdict.?...A very comfortable 3 pass + pickups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom