Status
Not open for further replies.
proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (3/2)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Declaration Cuir et Epices from 2019 Paste & Cut Meet-Up Sample Box
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a fantastic weekend :thumbup:

SOTD

Gillette 1925
MWF AND persona Red
The brush was a butter and bred one that came years ago with a shaving bowl and mirror.

The Soap ist to me after this 3 shaves very comfortable. Fine lather and no dry skin feeling after the shave.
20190216_080416.jpg

Well, for me it was the third shave with a vintage razor like this. The first two times I tried it with a Gillette Platinum, what was with LaToja Soap and the MWF horrible. I ordere a few samples of different blades and gave the Personna Red a try. I can't das that it is much better. Using the Old Spice after I was a screaming like Johnny Weissmuller in Tarzan.....

Any suggestions what blade to use tomorrow?

Martin de Candre Fougere shaving soap
La Maison du Barbier synthetic shaving brush
Edwin Jagger safety razor
Feather DE blade
Aramis EdT
proxy.php

Saturday, Febraury 16
- Truefitt & Hill, oil pre-shave
- Cristian Dior, Eau Savage: Shaving cream, lotion, balm aftershave & EdT intense.
- Morris and Forndran Style 1 Size 2, Finest, badger brush.
- Antonio Pedrosa straight razor.
proxy.php

Last edited:
2019-02-16

Ikea bowl ¤ Vulfix 2234 Silvertip ¤ 6/8" Feon 888
Mondial Bergamotto Neroli ¤ Lea ASL ¤ Prada Luna Rossa EDT

proxy.php

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
SOTD 2-16-19
Pre-shave: Hot cloth
Soap: Arko
Razor: Schone gold OC
Blade: Derby Extra (2)
Brush: Haircut and Shave Co. tuxedo synthetic
After-shave: Ogallala Bay Rum

DSCF0007 - Edited (1).jpg

Feather Adjustable
Voskhod Teflon Blade (2nd use)
Williams Mug Shave Soap
Stirling 24mm Synthetic Brush
Cremo Post Shave Balm
Fine Italian Citrus After Shave

IMG_0098.JPG

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Baker Street
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Vintage Schick Plus Platinum (18)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Stirling Sandpiper w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Vintage Schick Plus Platinum still in the Gillette Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Sandpiper aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Date: 16 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #10
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

12 days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave.

11-2-2018

Agua y jabón :: Mystic Water Soap, Sardinian Honey :: Semogue, FA LE :: Oneblade, Feather :: Old Spice

proxy.php

12-2-2018

Agua y jabón :: Mitchell’s Wool Fat :: Lionuny Shaving :: Weber, Feather :: Myrsol, Plastic Shave

proxy.php

16-2-2018

Agua y jabón :: Portus Cale :: BSB-2 :: Oneblade, Feather :: Brut

proxy.php

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

proxy.php

SOTD20190216 Figaro

Bat71 Cashmere
Figaro Rosso Mandorla
Maggard V3A Cobbled / MR14 Aluminium
Personna UK Red Platinum Chrome
Figaro Gel EDT

SOTD : 16th February 2019.

View attachment 953338

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ RightGuard ~ Energy Burst Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face. / Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : RazoRock ~ What The Puck. 'Lime Burst'.

Blade: Gillette ~ 7'0 Clock Super Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker Variant.(Settings) 3,wtg,3,xtg,4,wtg + Pick Ups.

Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Selin ~ Turkish Lemon Cologne .

Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

Greetings,

Another early morning shave due to me having to do a Saturday morning to midday shift at the mill...As always needs must unfortunately.

A new shave set up to start the weekend..recently i won £20 in the work lottery, so as a treat to myself i bought a job lot assortment of new & hardly used shaving soaps & a Yaqi Naples 24mm Synthetic shaving brush from Ebay ,all for the grand total of £20, with postage.

I've broken my buying 'no more shaving related items until my birthday in june' but, i couldn't resist this bargain, it was money i won so i could justify it to myself, besides that i probably won't buy any more shaving related items for the rest of the year now...'Well. hopefully anyway'.

Anyway, back to the shave..Maiden shave trio with the RazoRock 'What The Puck' Lime Burst tripled milled soap,Yaqi Naples synthetic brush and the Gillette 7'o clock super platinum blade, which i've had for a while but it's only now have i've got round to trying them out.

The RazoRock W.T.P. 'Lime Burst' shaving soap is the first of the tripled milled soap,that i've i also have a tub of 'Orange Sunrise',which i'll be trying out next weekend.

My first impressions of the soap are, it takes a bit more time to build a lather,which for me personally isn't a big issue i found after the soap has been bloomed in hot tap water for five minutes i was rewarded with incredibly rich, creamy lather with a very good slickness and a wonderful post shave feeling to my face.

The Yaqi Naples synthetic brush worked really well with the soap,i really like the long handle,as with my Yaqi Sagrada Familia, it was a delight to use with it'a cloud-soft tips, but still has a good amount of backbone which will be excellent for both face & bowl lathering, a great brush that i look forward to using in my future SOTD set ups.

The indian made gillette 7'o clock super platinum blade i will be testing out in my Indian made razors for all my SOTD's this week.The overall verdict.?...A very comfortable 3 pass + pickups bbs shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Wilco ~ Men's Afterhave Balm.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Happy Birthday a few months early and congrats on the lottery win!

SOTD - Saturday 16 February 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: PILS - 101NL
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Declaration Grooming - Jefferson Dark Amethyst B5 - 27mm Fan (Finest Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Le Grand Chyphre
  • After-Shave: Barrister And Mann - Le Grand Chyphre
  • Fragrance: Barrister And Mann - Le Grand Chyphre

SOD 2/16/2019

Homemade Pre-Shave Oil: Ylang Ylang Castor/Jojoba Oil (in shower)
Proraso Red Pre-Shave Balm
Proraso Red Shaving Soap
Maseto 24mm Finest
Gillette 1965 K3 Flare Tip
Gentleman Jon Alum Block
Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
Stirling Bay Rum (Wow! That packs a punch!)
IMG_2062 1.jpeg

Hi !
SOTD: Pre: Argan oil / Soap: ARKO / Brush: Semogue 1250 / Razor: ACESHAVING handle + Generic DOC head / Blade: SUPER MAX (4#) / Post: Old Spice + RITUALS Samurai Balm

Very good shaving !

thumbnail.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom