What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" February 10th - February 16th, 2020

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
proxy.php
Great fun!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I'm seriously considering trying the Core to see how it compares to the Genesis. They say it's a little milder, which I might actually enjoy.
I do not have the Genesis but what from what I have read the folks like to have a Core for travelling in case they lose, stolen or forget behind when travelling, I really like my Oneblade Core and bought another one after they gave me a $10 voucher so I picked the second one up for $9.95 + shipping- it does not get any better than that IMO.

Friday SOTD

DFS! Nice and smooth ready for a Valentines evening with the wife. First time using the Proraso Green soap. It’s great! I Like it as much as the Red so far.

Preshave- shower and Smooth Lavender preshave oil

Brush-Ever Ready 100T w/Master Silver Hair Badger Knot

Soap-Proraso Green

Razor-Gillette Ball End Tech

Blade-Astra Platinum

Post shave- Nivea Balm and a splash of Proraso Red Aftershave.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEX_20200215_012453-01.jpeg

Pre: Hot shower
Razor: British Vintage Personna
Blade: Bokër
Brush: Vintage Gillette
Cream: Jolly Antiseptic Executive Lather Shaving Cream
Post: Cold water splash followed by a application of Astral Original
NEX_20200215_013545-01.jpeg

Great 3 pass shave, Very comfortable easy carefree, Ending in a smooth result. The Personna razor is light as a feather, Aluminium handle, Aluminium baseplate & a zamak top cap. A little more efficient then your usual tech but just as comfortable & mild feeling, a light touch is required, great acoustics due to the aluminium humming.
NEX_20200215_020446-02.jpeg

NEX_20200215_020728-01.jpeg

Wishing you all good health & great shaves my friends!

Friday Night

‘62 Tech
7 o’clock SS (5)
Col: Conk Badger
TOBS Rose Cream
Pinaud Clubman AS

Good results post shave.
Close and BBS. But I had higher hopes for these Gillette Greens. Not as sharp as I had expected them to be. Had to go over areas of the beard repeatedly to get my usual BBS. Left me with some irritation....
I think that the Yellows are much better. But I still would rate these blades as decent.

Date:- 15 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C-R3 / Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless (spoiler) #14
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)

SOTD : 15th February 2020.

i.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower: Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Wrights ~ Traditional Cold Tar Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Bowl Lather.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap. + G F. Trumpers Violet Shaving cream.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (1)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender, eucalyptus + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Geoffrey Beene ~ Grey Flannel ASL.

Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A new shave set up to start the weekend...Which i'm making a uber/superlather week,and using another Indian made de blade.

Recently i received a message from a member of TSR forum (UK) offering me a PIF of shaving creams & soap as he was having a shaving den clearance of items that he wanted to move on...Anyway, i accepted the kind PIF offer which consisted of the following...Edwin Jagger Lime & Pomegranate Shaving Cream,G F. Trumpers Violet Shaving cream, and some Van Der Hagen Glycerin Mango Luxury Shaving Soap, of which i've added to my SOTDs this week.

Starting off with a maiden shave using the G F. Trumper lavender shaving cream which I think is a very good shaving cream, with a unique, fantastic scent,mixing only a small amount together with the humble Williams Mug Shaving Soap creating a excellent Uber/Superlather with a equally superb post shave feel.

It's been a long time since i last gave my parker 55SL semi-slant razor a outing totally forgetting how much of a wonderfully non-aggressive yet efficiently smooth this indian made razor is.Paired with the gillette winner blade made a wonderful indian made shaving product match mowing through my stubble with effortless ease..I intend to use the 55SL for a full week soon to give this indian princess more use & attention it rightly deserves.

A very smooth efficient duo resulting in a 3 pass + picks BBS shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off in style with a generous Dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth and smelling devine.;)

Enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom