First Class Citizen
SUNDAY, 16 February 2020

Pre: Elegance Plus "Earth" gel
Lather: Stirling Orange Chill
Brush: H.I.S Synth
Bowl: Turkish copper*
Razor: Oristo w/Black DLC
Blade: Derby Premier (5)
Splash: Homebrew (WH/Clubman Lime/glycerin/jojoba)
Frag: Azzaro Chrome
*Weather warmed up, so I put of finding the scuttle. Again.

Sunday, 2/16:

Razor - PAA DOC
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Paladin PK-47 "Lapis Lazuli" 26mm 2-band select badger
Cream - Crown Shaving Co
A/S - Brickell unscented balm

I needed a shave that was really easy on my face, so I used my mildest razor by far, and I opted to bowl lather. I've used this cream before, and I seem to remember getting a much better lather on the face, but no matter: it was slick as anything, and the gentle razor gave me a shave that was decently close but left my skin alone. So my face feels excellent today. I'll use a bowl the next couple days to let my skin rejuvenate.

Chiseled Face Groomatorium | Sherlock
Kent V8
Durham-Enders | Enders Speed Shaver | Schick Proline B-20
Orto Parisi | Viride

proxy.php

Brother this brush/razor combo is stellar, damn good lighting job too!

996E45AF-DD43-4AC6-A679-DA4223BFE190.jpeg

SOTD 02/17/20

So today is the day for my first shave with the repaired Rex Ambassador. The blade now sits evenly and symmetrically with the new top cap. I will admit to bit of trepidation since the last time I used the razor it left my dome and face in pretty bad shape. A friend at TSD who has recently mastered the razor suggested starting low and working one’s way up. Matt Pisarcik, the razor’s developer said that the majority of his users shave between 2 and 3 on the dial. Since I am starting with an essentially new razor, I decided to start at 2. I like a lot of blade feel, but will put that off until I learn the razor’s sweet spot. I loaded a Voskhod, a blade I trust for testing a new shaving tool.

I began with the usual cold water rinse followed by the PAA Cube Preshave Soap. I then lathered up with MWF, my soap focus for the month. I rode the cap at 2, but was not satisfied with the closeness of the shave, so I dialed up to 3 which seemed to provide an acceptable level of efficiency, not quite as close as I like, but this outing was dedicated to relearning the razor. The first WTG pass left me with a fair bit of roughness in the usual areas and slight roughness everywhere else.. Rather than buff I chose to concentrate on gradual whisker reduction. I reapplied the PAA Preshave soap and relathered with MWF and began a careful XTG pass, again riding the cap throughout with particular care on the dome.

For my third ATG pass I dialed down to about 2.5, reapplied the PAA Preshave Soap and MWF and worked my way through the shave carefully. I ended up with two very slight weepers. One on the right side of my head and the other just to the right of the Adam’s Apple, both of which resolved after my cold water wash with the MWF brush squeezings. A test with the alum block revealed heat and slight stinging at each of the weeper sites. Witch hazel application followed and I finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash. This was a very different result than my last use of this razor. I’m happy with this decent three pass DFS. There’s light at the end of the tunnel. I’m going to continue with this razor until I reach the bloodless BBS level, if possible. I feel cool, relatively smooth and quite refreshed.

RAZOR: Rex Ambassador
BLADE: Voskhod
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Cube Preshave Soap before each pass
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite AS Splash

Feb. 17, 2020 - Kill Tub/Razor Comparison

• Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Maggard SHD 24mm
  • Razor: British Artisocrat Jr./British Aristocrat (Both 3rd Generation)
  • Blade: Gillette Wilkinson Sword (1)
  • Lather: Declaration Grooming - After the Rain - Soap
  • Post Shave: Zingari - Unscented - Balm
  • Fragrance: Chatillon Lux - Eau de Treget - Eau de Toilette

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Date:- 16 February 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- WCS Two-Tone Tall (Blue & White) Extra Dense Synth. 26/56mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Barrister & Mann ~ Nordost
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-C' / Vintage NOS English Wilkinson Sword #5
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (10)
Tipple:- Guinness :em2200:

proxy.php
As the adverts used to say, "Guinness is good for you."

Top Bottom