What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 9th - December 15th, 2019

SOTD - Sunday 15 December 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Charcoal Goods - Level 1 Bishop
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts - Ziost - 26mm Fan (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Soap: Barrister And Mann - Vespers
  • After-Shave: Barrister And Mann - Vespers - Splash
  • Fragrance: Barrister And Mann - Vespers - EdT (30 ml)

proxy.php

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Antica Barbieria Colla Almond Oil Pre-Shave Cream
Brush: Rooney 1/3 Super Silvertip Badger
Cream: Jack Black Supreme Cream
Razor: UFO Tornado / Wolfman WR1
Blade: NOS Gillette Super Silver (2)
Scent: Farina Original 1709 EdC

A smooth and very close three pass shave with a BBS result. The cream performed very well, allowing the ultra-sharp vintage Gillette Super Silver blade to do the business with a minimum of fuss. All up a really nice shave. I am dropping the Witch Hazel from my routine for a trial period.

Mini-Review - Jack Black Supreme Cream

I was interested to try this cream, as I am a big fan of other Jack Black products, including their legendary Pit Boss Deodorant. The cream is very soft and of a consistency similar to toothpaste. The scent is delightful - a very classy herbaceous fougère. The scent strength is light-mid when lathering, and increases marginally during the shave.

The cream took a wee bit of time to lather up, and created a shiny lather of yogurt consistency, which I get mostly with soaps rather than creams. On the first pass, the thing that immediately struck me about this product was the cushioning - it was excellent. The packaging says "triple cushion shave lather", and they aren't kidding. This cushioning allowed for a fast and comfortable shave, as I glided the razor around my face with a light touch. Slickness during the shave was good, and residual slickness respectable. The post shave was also lovely.

In summary, I really liked this product and would consider purchasing it. Jack Black has clearly put a great deal of thought into its formulation, and it is a cream to be taking seriously in the wet shaving arena. It has a scent that I like a lot, has great cushioning, and has the feel of a luxury product. Well done, Jack Black!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday shave DEC 15-2019 Stick Schick injector and it is one of my favorite Schick injectors with a Japan twinII blade and it is sort like the Everready battery TV commercial "it lasts & lasts.......". It is a good daily driver IMO with a twin blade if that is what a fellow wants.

Razor : Stick Schick injector theme L type -MFG 1973
Blade : Schick twin II (26) mfg Japan
Soap : Tabac
Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm+ "Sagrada Familia"theme Barcelona Cathedral pillars.(been there beautiful & Awe)
Preshave: Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave : Razorock Emperor aftershave with witch hazel + Nivea balm for winter months.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:

Sunday shave Dec 15-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
SOTD
12/15/2019

Razor: Ever-Ready 1924 Shovelhead
Blade: Gem PTFE coated
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia Black/White Tuxedo Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap
Lather: Stirling Gatlinburg
Aftershave: RazoRock Son of Zeus
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

Lumii_20191215_105114267.jpg

30s? (No Waits listing) French Spadson razor/Suneko (2). Rather poor build quality, not smooth, angle tricky, not particularly efficient, and carrying on the annoying French tradition of unmarked differential exposure. But hey unlike @Cha-wing!! I didn't hurt myself, and once I decided to stick to the more aggressive side and settled in for a second pass on my head I almost enjoyed this, and ultimately landed a true BBS (meaning no need for Enders pick ups). One German user swapped a Fatip cap with better results, I might give that a go.
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

proxy.php

SOTD 12/15/2019

Another excellent LPL that does not need or post shave how well your skin leaves you

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA Boker classic 5/8 punta española

Brush: RAZOROCK 24 Silvertip BARREL

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: LE PÉRE LUCIEN Yourshaving LE Cyprés Boisé

Aftershave: LE PÉRE LUCIEN tradicional lavanda​

The Club | Black
Leo Frilot Tru-Stone Copper Matrix | AP Shave Co. SynBad 30mm
Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

The Club holds nothing back with this decadent fragrance in Black. This one is as-advertised, demonstrating the documented notes of black pepper, tobacco, oud, amber, dark chocolate, and rum. The dark chocolate and rum immediately take the stage and maintain a presence throughout the shave. This is soon accompanied by musky spice and resin mitigated by a sweet, non-cloying tobacco essence. The bitter chocolate and rum chorus thankfully lasts longer than I expected, before ultimately relenting to a very enjoyable dark resin and tobacco dry down with hints of charred coffee beans. Black is an intoxicating fragrance throughout. It should share space on the artisan shelf with Catie's Bubbles' "Ruds Suds: Dark Side" and The Club's own, "Signature".

SOTD - 2019.12.15
Growth: 24h
Brush: ŌKU Alhambra by P&P - 26mm manchurian extra density
Soap: Enigma by Frankincense
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat
Blade: Gillette yellow
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

What can I say about this shave. Simply spectacular.

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

Top Bottom