What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 7th - December 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
2F197FD5-0414-4DD0-961A-5902E06D6BF2.jpeg

1) Germany: Brush Vintage Muhle Erzeugnisse Shaving Brush.
2) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol.
3) China: Razor Schick Extreme 3 Pivot Ball.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Malaysia: Aftershave Lotion Nelum Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion.

SOTD : 13th December 2020.

10.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.

Brush: Omega S10065.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Lather : Cella Crema Da Barba.

Blade: Gillette Winner. (2)

Razor: Parker ~ 55SL Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./Benjamins Mentholated Bay Rum. / Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

The Cella shaving cream is such a wonderful performer. Each time i use it's scent reminds me of a warm Bakewell Tart...The Benjamins mentholated bay rum is a great match for the sweet almond fragranced Cella.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Creightons ~ Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Christmas Season Day 15. Spicy Sunday!

Blackland Blackbird Steel with Stirling Spice and Old Spice.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Stirling Spice
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Steel (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (15)
Brush: Zenith S Series Synthetic
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

Spicy Sunday, all the way!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Back after a much needed vacation, todays shave was Arko all the way. An Arko puck, in the Fine lather bowl and an Omega S Brush, Rockwell 6S with a brand new Dorco ST-301 blade, 2 pass shave R4 and R2, topped off with a pass of the alum block and a healthy dose of Arko Cool Aftershave and a dollop of Duke Cannon face cream.
Lather 1213.jpg
Shave 1213.jpg

Attachments

• Shave 1213.jpg
    Shave 1213.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 3
Back after a much needed vacation, todays shave was Arko all the way. An Arko puck, in the Fine lather bowl and an Omega S Brush, Rockwell 6S with a brand new Dorco ST-301 blade, 2 pass shave R4 and R2, topped off with a pass of the alum block and a healthy dose of Arko Cool Aftershave and a dollop of Duke Cannon face cream. View attachment 1194462View attachment 1194463
Welcome back. I see you haven't missed a beat. Just a nice shave there.

EBA3A19F-1C17-452B-BFF9-096F3F03E520.jpeg

UGLY RAZOR SUNDAY, DECEMBER 13, 2020

At the suggestion of one of our 30DC Crew members at TSD, it was decided that this Sunday all on the Crew who wished would shave with the ugliest razors in their collections. In my case I decided to shave with a newly arrived Thistle Cut Persian and my safety razor nemesis, my French Spadson safety razor. I did not clean up or replace the scales on the Thistle Cut straight razor, but only set a bezel and honed it up on a Naniwa progression through 12k finishing on my jasper stone last night. The scales are not original to the razor and much too large. The Spadson was designed to have two shaving edges, one mild and the other aggressive. In the case of this safety razor the proper adjective is assaultive.

Although both razors appear somewhat the worse for the wear, only the Spadson provided a troublesome shave. My Omega Pro48 whipped up the two types of lather I enjoy - a thinner, wetter one for the mug and a thicker, more yogurty one for the dome. I will say that the edge on the Thistle Cut 4/8 was an amazing surprise, and I received one of the best three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) straight shaves I’ve ever had on my mug. Once this razor is cleaned up and refitted with proper size scales, it’ll be one of the jewels of my collection. It’s smaller blade size makes it highlymaneuverable and a true joy to shave with.

The French Spadson, on the other hand, proved a trial to use. The razor never sold well. It was designed to supposedly offer an aggressive shave on one side and a mild shave on the other. My experience with it is that both sides are assautive. I’ve been shavingwith DEs since the late 60s, and so say with somelevel of assurance that I know my way around a standard DE. My usual shave with this monster is generally restricted to May Mayhem shaves. Safety razors are used on my dome daily, but after today’s shave, I’ll have to take a day or two off to allow my scalp to recover from the irritation and weepers (several) I experienced with this beast! The best I can say about today’s dome shave is that it’s over! Thank goodness there’s always tomorrow!

RAZOR: Thistle Cut Persian 4/8 (Mug), French Spadson (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE (2)
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Omega Pro48 Boar
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Saturday shave

0722F112-9A4C-4A98-9686-242A06BEAA29.jpeg

Prep: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: Wickham 1912 Magnum
Brush: Simpsons 57 Best Badger
Razor: Schick Type L1, shave #1
Blade: Schick (China), #1
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Stirling Lemon Chill aftershave

First time with an Injector and I am mighty impressed. Smooth, comfortable, zero alum feedback, two-pass DFS. The Magnum scent is my favorite of the three Wickham samples I've tried, but I'm not sure I'd buy a full puck yet. The soap seems to have a particularly small sweet-spot for water compared to others I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom