SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 7th - December 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Season, Day 12.

Arko for the win!

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Arko Soap in a Bowl
Razor: Rocnel Elite/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Derby Premium (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (12)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Arko Gold
ASB: Arko Comfort
ASC: Arko Comfort

Turkish Thursday with the Arko Man.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Cherry Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Cella Red
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'SB-B' / Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow SE #3
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Tommy Hilfiger for Men

SOTD, Thursday, December 9, 2020

GSC Fatguy with a Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless blade on its second use was a bit irritating to the face this morning. BBS nonetheless. Have a great day, gentlemen!

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Global Shave Club Fatguy (2020)
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: dscosmetic 26mm Carrot Synthetic Knot
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Arko Original
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Neutrogena Men Razor Defense Face Scrub
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

10th Dec. 2020

sotd10122020.jpg

EJ316 razor
Meissner Pure shaving paste
Simpsons Chubby 1 sb
CF 1445 balm
Gillette Nacet blade

Meissner came like a juggernaut and slaughtered all my other creams (Castle Forbes, T&H, CRS, Cella Bio to name a few), even without dialed in at 100% (Ch1 wan only on its second use).

P.S. It is firmer than a cream, softer than a soap. Not exactly croap so I would suggest to avoid @Marco method for loading.
Gently swirl the brush until the tipd are loaded if you are a face latherer or a little (half on almond ^) if you prefer bowl lathering

^Follow the link to see the B&B members super view in almond size. @Rudy Vey is on fire! :ouch1:

P.S. it resembles me MDC in how little quantity is needed. But it is kind of thirsty for a ''cream''.
Ingrediens:
Aqua, Stearic Acid, Cocos Nucifera oil*, Glycerin*, Potassium Hydroxide, Talc, Hectorite, Sodium Hydroxide, Orbygnia Oleifera oil*, Argania Spinosa Kernel oil*, Simmondsia chinensis oil*, Maris sal. (* organic quality).

B13C5637-9E95-44FB-B19A-AEDE4E861106.jpeg

SOTD WEDNESDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 9, 2020

Well, my DX focus is over! I really missed shaving with my regular straights; besides, my DX shaves were exemplary. Time to return to a regular straight, and one that never disappoints is my C-Mon Special 11/16. For the dome I pulled out the Ronson which delivered a great shave the last time I used it. Needless to say, the mug and noggin shaves were a delight this morning. Both my straight razor and safety razor delivered refreshing, clean, velveteen smooth shaves.

RAZOR: C-Mon Special 11/16 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: JR Rosewood Silvertip Badger #378
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

D3468480-0334-4D42-B70D-27B03966BA6E.jpeg

SOTD THURSDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 10, 2020

The sun is coming up as I write this on what looks to be a bright, cold, sunny day in the Philadelphia suburbs. This morning I selected a Gillette gold plated British Rocket for the dome and a straight razor I haven’t used in a while, the Genco 35, for my mug shave. My regular shave prep consists of a cold water rinse followed by a good scrub with Argan Oil. Everything went swimmingly well along with some rudimentary schooling. The three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave went well until I decided that I could buff a small section of my right cheek without lubricant. I knew better, and my hubris against the shave gods resulted in the first cut I’ve had in quite some time. It was quickly addressed with styptic gel. Perfecting open edge shaving, at least for me, has been through aversive conditioning. Note to self, do not cowboy about! Always use lather for every shave stroke. The dome shave, on the other hand, went quite well. The Rocket, while not a favorite dome shaver, always does the job when equipped with a Feather blade. Two ATG passes put the baby to bed leaving me refreshed, chastened, yet still velveteen smooth. The score, Shave Gods 1, Jeff 0!

RAZOR: Genco 35 5/8 (Mug), British Gillette Rocket (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Two Band Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme AS Balm.

Thurs shave 1.jpg

Pre
Face wash with Neutrogena Liquid Facial Soap
Soap
Grooming Dept. Asinus
Brush
Morris & Forndran 2XL Finest
Razor
Gillette Aristocrat
Blade
Treet Platinum
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & Proraso
Fragrance
TOBS Sandalwood
Rating
10/10. First rain today in over 100 days. A nice warm shave.

Tuesday, 12/8

View attachment 1192582

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm Declaration B9A
Soap - Stirling Black Cherry
A/S - Brickell unscented

Merkur never disappoints. Nice smooth shave aided by a sterling Stirling lather. Everything was humming nicely, including the blade, which impressed me in the Merkur. Very nice shave today, and what a scent on this soap! Love it.
Wednesday, 12/9

View attachment 1193128

Razor - Gillette Old Type
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wild West Brushworks "LP" 26mm tuxedo
Soap - Barrister & Mann Vespers
A/S - Proraso Cypress & Vetiver

I haven't used Vespers since last winter, and I remember thinking the scent was one of B&M's best. Using it today confirms it. What an incredibly well-balanced scent. The balsam fir never becomes too strong, the cranberry is just a blended accent, the Mousse de Saxe is present enough to be recognized and provide a rich roundness, and it really does have a sort of fern/Fougere base. Incredible. Excelsior is still an exceptional base, and gave me great slickness for today's foray with the Old Type. I used a very conscious, light touch, and was rewarded with no irritation this time, and a smooth, clean complexion. Highly excellent shave.
I must say I love to see all of your brushes...always can't wait to see it...plus your soaps of cors.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD, Thur, Dec 10th 2020

Razor: Razorock Mission- MFG 2016> If you like a good razor with the only negative a little blade overhang, this is the one IMO.
Blade: Gillette Astra SP (5)- Excellent blade, Sharp & smooth with good longevity. My standard blade for testing any razor.
Soap: Colonel Conk Bayrum- one of my favorites, excellent lather qualities with a nice mild bayrum scent.
Brush: Yaqi Chianti's knot 24mm- Excellent lather creator with heavenly like soft tips, gentle scrubber with a nice splay.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG+ pickups.
Post shave: witch Hazel + Ogallala Bayrum & Sandal wood :001_wub: + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my RR Mission razor + a Astra Sp blade.
DE SOTD, Dec 10th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom