What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 30th - January 5th, 2020

Tuesday, January 14, 2020
Floid, oil pre shave. Martin de Candre, fougere, shaving soap. Thater 4125-3, 2 bands badger, silvertip bulb, 28x56. Filarmonica 14 imperial. Ted Lapidus, pour homme: Lotion & balm aftershave, EdT.
proxy.php

After 35 glorious shaves, i finally retired the super max blue diamond. I love this blade so much that i replaced it with a fresh one, fast becoming my favourite blade of all time.

Even on shave number 35 it performed flawlessly, on six days of growth too, very very impressive.

After shaving for most of November and December with arko, i finally decided to switch things up and use a cream i havent used for a while, Godrej lime. I was surprised that its consistency had changed to that of a liquid, but a quick shake of the tube and it was back to the thick cream im used to.

Shave 1:
Razor: fatip piccolo v1
Brush:Omega 49
Blade: super max blue diamond (1)
Soap: Arko shave stick
Aftershave: status for men

Shave 2:
Razor: fatip piccolo v1
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Blade: supermax blue diamond (2)
Cream: Godrej lime
Aftershave: brut by Fabergé
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Tuesday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Scots Pine Sheep
Soap: Stirling Sandpiper
Razor: Gillette NEW Short Comb
Blade: Personna Med Prep (8)
Brush: Elite Razor Manchurian White-24mmx50mm
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling Sandpiper today. 20 seconds to load the Elite Razor Manchurian White brush. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Personna Med Prep still in the vintage Gillette NEW Short Comb. Excellent smooth, close, shave. I finished with Stirling Executive Man aftershave.

Bob

proxy.php

Today I used my newly acquired NEW Deluxe 15mm for the 4th day in a row using the same Nacet blade. This razor is a perfect example of the quality you can find for great value in vintage Gillette razors. Only today on shave 4 with the Nacet did I feel any pushback on smoothness. Vintage Gillette razors will always have a place in my rotation.

Gillette NEW Deluxe 15mm
Gillette Nacet (4)
Martin de Candre Agrumes Shaving Soap
WolfWhiskers Midnight Orchid "Eagle" with Elite Razor's High Mountain White
Stirling Piacenza Aftershave

IMG_4382.jpeg

FD37ACE0-437B-4D2A-81CF-F8FD936B4271.jpeg

SOTD 01/14/20

Returned from Pleasant Hill, TN yesterday, and all I can say is it’s nice to be home, and have reliable internet service again. My apologies for being unable to participate as fully as I like. The spotty service from Friday to yesterday was frustrating! In any case, shave #3 continues to reinforce my very positive impressions of the Occam’s DE. I really like the aggressive plate on the razor which actually is quite efficient. The Grooming Dept’s Donkey Milk Soap whipped up beautifully with my Jayaruh Custom Two Band Badger brush. The longer rosewood handle, besides being very attractive, made it easier to soap up the back of my head. In addition the lather combined beautifully with the PAA Cube Preshave soap to again deliver an incredibly close first pass. So close, in fact, that my second pass consisted mostly of some selective buffing in my regular three trouble spots around my face. Using the same double soap prep on the noggin sunk all the balls! The alum block revealed some very slight heat in the middle of the back of my head, but otherwise, DFS all around. I feel clean, smoooth, and refreshed.

RAZOR: Occam’s DE
BLADE: Feather
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with PAA’s Charcoal-Menthol Cube Preshave Soap
BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Two Band Badger with Rosewood Handle
SOAP: Grooming Dept’s Donkey Milk
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Thayers Lavender WH and finished with Aqua Velva (Spanish Version)

Love that brush.

Thank you very much :001_smile so do I.
It is very special to me, it is one of 75 made from driftwood from the Cahaba River in Alabama.
I have two, one with a Silvertip knot and the other with a 2-band Silvertip - both knots from Shavemac. Brush handle made by Rob Moffet from ThatDarnRob.

Razor: Rex Supply Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Ever-Ready 250 Pure Badger Cased
Pre-Shave: Cremo Brushless Shaving Cream
Lather: Long Rifle Brown Bess
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20191231_061939.jpg

Top Bottom