What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 30th - January 5th, 2020

Sunday, January 5
proxy.php

Myrsol Don Carlos 1972~~Rubberset 400/3~~1947 Gillette Super-Speed~~Personna Med Prep

Have a great day!

Sunday
Preshave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Rudy Vey Custom w/TGN Two-Band
Soap: Stone Cottage Leather & Smoke Shave Cream
Aftershave: Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Alum
Balm: AoS Unscented ASB

Spicy Sunday Shave;
  • Colonial Razors Silversmith
  • Polsilver Iridium (6)
  • Space Soap Mars Explorer Soap
  • VdH Bowl
  • Fine Lather Bowl
  • Zenith E2
  • Gentleman Jon's Alum Block
  • Gillette Blue AS
  • Gillette Cool Wave ASB
  • Million Dollar Hair Tonic
  • Clubman Firm Hold Pomade
  • Gillette Cool Wave Deodorant
  • Clubman Whiskey Woods Body Powder
Mars Explorer has a nice Spiced Citrus smell to it. The Gillette Blue also have a nice Spiced Citrus as well. You'd think it would be called Gillette Orange, but nope, Gillette Blue.
[IMG]

[IMG]

If you haven't tried Space Soap, you are missing out. Great base with a nice simple fragrance.

Sunday, 1/5/20:

20200105_072524.jpg

Razor - Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade - Shark Super Chrome (1)
Brush - Simpson's Chubby 2 super
Soap - Mystic Waters Raspberry Lemon
A/S - Hawaiian Shaving Lemon Lavender

I'm figuring out the angle that works for me with the 3one6. Definitely seems to be a shallow angle shaver; really aggressive otherwise, tons of blade feel. It's such a gorgeous razor, feels great in the hand, but it's funny. Through two uses, the first pass doesn't feel exceptionally close, but once I'm done with the second, it really gives a great, clean shave with no redness. It did an awesome job in trouble spots. The blade did not do well though. Just confirms I need to try an Astra in it. The Chubby 2 continues to break in and get better; I was impressed with how quickly it generated lather, and it feels better and better in a face lather. And the soap performed beautifully, a nice creamy lather with superb slickness and great scent. Happy Sunday!

I always love using this soap, AS and EdT, such a great quality and scent :c9: :thumbup1: :straight:

Soap : Collaboration Black Mountain and Murphy and McNeil --> Nantahala
Sotd : 5-1-2020
Razor : Rex – Ambassador
Blade : Rapira - Platinum Lux (2)
Brush : Razorock - Plissoft
Aftershave : Nantahala
Eau de Toilette : Nantahala

DSC_0213-01.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
SOTD
1/5/2020

Razor: Gillette Single Ring
Blade: Astra Super Platinum
Brush: Fuller TGN Finest Black Badger
Pre-Shave: Dr. Bronner's Lavender Soap
Lather: Stirling Gatlinburg
Aftershave: Derby City Chop Shop Small Batch Shave Tonic, Winter Reserve
Additional Care: Thayer's Witch Hazel

SOTD_05JAN20.jpg

SOTD - 2020.1.5
Growth: 48h
Brush: ŌKU Alhambra by P&P - 26mm Manchurian extra density
Soap: Razor Emporium Barber shop
Razor: Rex Envoy
Blade: Voskhod
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 3.5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Average shave today.
I really enjoyed the soap and I do see my self buying one. Lovely scent and performance with an over all good post shave feel and residual slickness.
The Rex Envoy, from my point of view, one of the most beautiful razors out there. However, it is aggressive. To me it feels like a Fatboy configured at 7-8 though it shaves like a 3.
proxy.php

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

SOTD - 2020.1.5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Average shave today.
I really enjoyed the soap and I do see my self buying one. Lovely scent and performance with an over all good post shave feel and residual slickness.
The Rex Envoy, from my point of view, one of the most beautiful razors out there. However, it is aggressive. To me it feels like a Fatboy configured at 7-8 though it shaves like a 3.
proxy.php

SOTD - 2020.1.5

proxy.php

Average shave today.
proxy.php

My Envoy should arrive tomorrow. Looking forward to it

SOTD : 7th January 2020.

g.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Imperial Leather ~ Sea Minerals & Black Mint Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face /Bloom water face wash.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Anbbas Boar.

Face Lather.

Soap: Scottish Fine Shaving Soap.

Razor: Gillette Guard. (3)

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Brut ~ Attraction Totale.

The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

Greetings,

First early morning shave of 2020,

Second day back at the mill after my christmas break..'all good things come to a end'..The scottish fine shaving soap is such a wonderful performer, once bloomed in hot tap water for a few minutes provides a superb slick protective lather ,what i love about this soap is it's post shave feel,which is superb.

A pleasurable 3 pass + pick ups comfortable socially acceptable DFS with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of The Real Shaving Co. ~ PSSB.

The Brut "Attraction Totale" ASL is my favourite out of all the brut range i have..Superb stuff! 😍

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Homelikeshaving Start 1.18
Personna super platinum
Semogue SOC finest badger
Homelikeshaving charcoal shave soap
Nivea post shave balm
Clubman bay rum

Tuesday, 1/7/20:

20200106_194001.jpg

Razor - Edwin Jagger 3one6
Blade - Astra SP (1)
Brush - Morris & Forndran 26mm 2-band finest badger
Soap - WCS Oriental jojoba cream
A/S - OneBlade aftershave balm

Wow. This is the best shave I've had with the EJ. It's getting much easier to use, and as I suspected, this blade performed much better than the Shark. The brush I'm still getting used to. I got it on eBay, and I'm hoping it'll break in and soften more, but I'm surprised at how much scritch it has compared to my other 2-band knots. It's not unpleasant, but not quite what I look for in a face lathering knot. I like it though, sometimes it's nice to get that face massage. The soap did pretty well; I definitely hydrated it enough and got a ton of lather, but it was a little airier than I like. Still, it definitely performed, and although not a big floral guy, I liked the scent. Results were a silky smooth shave and super comfortable, one of the best I've had in days.

Top Bottom