What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 30th - January 5th, 2020

Today a dreary, gray winter day in St. Louis, MO, USA. So what's a guy to do? Bring a little sunshine into my shave this morning, that's what. Stirling Deep Blue Sea aftershave brings terrific visions of the ocean blue, the little hula girl, jade Omega brush and MdC vetyver the vibe of the Hawaiian Islands, so true. Aloha and Mahalo.

IMG_4400.jpeg

Well the maiden voyage of “The General” was so throughly enjoyed that I have been waiting to give it another go. The Rockwell 6C came up first though and did an exemplary job on Monday.

Soap of the day was Stirling Gatlinburg which is just fantastic. I can’t get enough of this scent! Though I normally keep this manly a scent away from the office...not today!

Two wonderful passes and wow! The General is a confirmed RAD killer! Well in the SE realm anyway....

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Colonial General SS
Blade: Schick ProLine
Brush: Rocky Mountain Barber Company - Best Badger
Lather: Stirling Gatlinburg
Aftershave: Stirling Gatlinburg
Additional Care:
B.I.G. Co. Alum Block

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Wed Jan -15-2020

Razor : Oneblade Core Version 2 - Mfg 2019
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE Modified (8)
Soap : Razorock Lavender- one of my favorites.
Brush : Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm
Preshave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area'
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BsS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17:

Wednesday Jan15-2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

76E2ECEB-DE49-4BD9-9130-7E720967D337.jpeg

SOTD 01/15/20

Spent last night in our condo in Philly. I’d like to acknowledge Dave Saco (ECWS) from my Meetup for the inspiration to pull out my Colonial Silversmith. I keep forgetting what an incredibly great razor design it is! Kudos to Kyle and Kirk Evans of Colonial Razor here in Birdsboro, PA. I’d thought I had a tuck of Feather blades here in Philly. I did, but it was empty! So I had to settle for a Polsilver. Woe is me!! (Just kidding!) In any case, I do really like the Occam’s DE, which I've shaved with over the last week, but for me, the Silversmith edged it out in smoothness. One of my favorite shaving creams, Kapo, out of Bulgaria, provided a lovely protective cushion enhanced by the Grooming Dept’s Unscented Preshave Gel.
The Polsilver was fresh and sharp enough that I again experienced the total lack of auditory feedback associated with this razor. If I didn’t see the plethora of whiskers at each rinse, I would have thought there was no blade in the Silversmith. A bloodless, beautiful two pass face shave coupled with a single pass noggin scrape left me feeling clean, smooooth, cooool, and refreshed.

RAZOR: Colonial Silversmith
BLADE: Polsilver
BRUSH: WCS Best Badger
CREAM: Kapo Classic
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Dickinson’s WH and finished with Fine Snake Bite

Last edited:
Wednesday morning

Preshave: Proraso shave cream and a hot shower
Razor: Gillette Tech B2 with a fresh feather blade.
Brush: Razorock Monster
Shave cream: AoS Peppermint
Aftershave: Clubman

This was my third shave with the Tech. In general I find it almost too mild and only useable with a very sharp blade. I can see why it’s such a great beginner razor in many peoples opinion.

End result was a nice BBS but required several touchups. It does allow for fast shaving as I don’t have to be too careful due to its mild nature.

F2052EB1-521F-4CD9-8DF2-3BB8C3E1B90F.jpeg

Wednesday
Pre-shave: Trader Joe’s Face Wash/Stirling Bergamot Lavender Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Mild Protouch MG
Brush: Rooney 1/2 Best Badger
Soap: Stone Cottage Red Velvet Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/Baxter Herbal Mint Toner/Ogallala Bay Rum
Balm: Peter Thomas Roth Moisturizer

Razor: Schick Krona Gold Bicentennial
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Rick Montalvo Grade A Silvertip Badger
Pre-Shave: Neutrogena Shave Cream
Lather: Razorock Mudder Focker
Aftershave: Old Spice Classic
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

20200114_102601.jpg

SOTD - 2020.1.15
Growth: 48h
Brush: ŌKU Serrano by P&P - 267mm two band finest extra density
Soap: Eufros Lignvm
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Feather
Post: lather face wash, alum, concoction (*), PAA mysterium serum
Passes: 2 - WTG, XTG
Rating: 5/5

(*) witch hazle 50ml, 5ml glycerin, tea tree (10), Argan (25), bergamot (10), pachuli (5), Cocunut oil + CBD (5), menthol crystals - (drops)
proxy.php

Greetings from Santa Rosa, CA

SOTD (# 9/2020)
15-01-2020
20200112_095651-01-01.jpeg

Preshave: Proraso White preshave cream
Brush: NOM Gustav Havanna Synthetic
Soap: Captain' s Choice ~ Venture
Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable
Blade: Wilkonson Sword /Germany (7)
Postshave: ice cold german tap water, Fine Platinum AS, Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm.

Wednesday 15th January

Razorock 400 Brush - TOBS Cedarwood Shaving Cream - TNNSER 3D - Pitralon Classic AS

Continuing my TOBS Binge. All of my shaves this week have been excellent. I know TOBS is a good performer......but perhaps I should consider bowl lathering more often as the shaves have been consistently good.

3 Passes for a face feeler :)

SOTD Wednesday 1/15/20

Pretty decent shave with a GEM Micromatic. I think I need to try the Ted Pella blades however, the blades I purchased at CVS are not very good.

I really enjoyed using a Scuttle that I recently picked up. It’s was nice to mix things up a bit.

Preshave-Shower and Smooth Lavender pre shave

Brush-My Homemade Missouri Meerschaum Cobb with a 25Mm Tuxedo Synthetic knot

Soap-Williams Mug

Razor-GEM Micromatic

Blade-CVS SE

Aftershave-Nivea balm and a splash of Clubman Special Reserve

The Williams always surprises me at how well it works for the money. I know it takes some slack from time to time regarding its “citronella-ish” smell, but I don’t mind it and the lather is there if your willing to work for it.

proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thursday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: Charcoal Goods OC Level 2
Blade: Rapira Swedish SuperSteel (4)
Brush: WildWestBrushworks 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Corbell Pedestal Bowl 4"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe
Balm: Organic Shea Butter