IMG_4169.JPG

Saturday, 1/2

20210103_110355.jpg

Razor - Colonial Silversmith
Blade - Feather
Brush - Lowborn Supply "Patriot" 24mm Silversynth
Soap - Fine American Blend
A/S - Proraso Blue

Wow. This Fine soap is incredible. Why didn't I try this sooner? I'm really glad I have other pucks, because it is top notch. Super thick and creamy, fantastic slickness, and I love this barbershop scent. Just superb. The razor simply cruised right through.

Sunday, 1/3

20210103_110512.jpg

Razor - Gillette New SC
Blade - Astra SS
Brush - Morris & Forndran Heritage II L7 28mm blonde badger
Soap - Ariana & Evans Cafe Au Lait
A/S - Ariana & Evans Choco Cubano

Kaizen gets a lot of accolades and rightly so, but the previous A&E base is still excellent. Lots of primary and residual slickness here. The blade wasn't terribly smooth on its 5th use, but it was still pretty decent, and boy did the Gillette shave close. Nice one.

Saturday shave

39CF00DB-643C-41BA-9688-E05211A743C7.jpeg

Prep: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Pre-shave: PAA Ice Cube 2.0 (for second pass)
Soap: Tallow & Steel Morocco
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura mixed badger/boar
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb, shave #8
Blade: Gem Stainless, #1
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Tallow & Steel Morocco aftershave

Two-passes, CCS minus the middle C. No blood, but some serious razor burn and feedback from the alum. Blade tugged so bad I thought it was my lather (first use of the Morocco tonight); so for the second pass I whipped up new lather and used the Ice Cube as a pre-shave since I know from experience that it adds slickness for me. It barely helped, though it did allow me to finish the shave. I'll give the blade another shot tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

SOTD-WFSR-G_2021-01-03.jpg
:001_wub:

Brush: Shavemac Olive Wood 20/44 Silvertip 2-Band
Soap: TFS Kathmandu
Razor: Worlds Finest Safety Razor
Blade: Nacet (1)
ASL: TFS Kathmandu

A nice shave. :biggrin:

Barring one week with a Nacet in "The Coach" ages ago, this is my first Nacet trial with one in a "safety" razor. On first shave/impression it seems like a very nice blade.

There's a certain "je ne sais quoi" about the TFS scents. They're sort of oddly different, unusual, but compelling (to me anyway).

Happy Shaves guys. :cornut:

Sunday shave

57689C48-8058-495D-96AA-BC62C1707E6E.jpeg

Soap: Soap Commander Love
Brush: Century best badger
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb, shave #9
Blade: Gem Stainless, #2 for 1/4 of first shave and then over to Gem PTFE for the rest, shave #8 on that blade
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Gillette Cool Wave aftershave

Two-passes, DFS, with moderate feedback from the alum. A much, much better shave than last night. Tried to use the Gem Stainless again and only made it through my right cheek before giving up and switching back to the Gem PTFE. Man, that Stainless for me is a tugging machine that feels likes it's pulling the whiskers out instead of cutting. No thanks. I'll save that blade to try in my Gem Jr., but I don't hold out much hope for it.

First use of Soap Commander and wow! What a soap and what a scent! Fantastic cushion and slickness with a true rose scent. As a big fan of rose soaps and creams it's safe to say that I'm in love with the Love. :001_wub:

Saturday shave

View attachment 1203924

Pre-shave: PAA Ice Cube 2.0 (for second pass)
Soap: Tallow & Steel Morocco
Brush: Semogue Owners Club Mistura mixed badger/boar
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb, shave #8
Blade: Gem Stainless, #1
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Tallow & Steel Morocco aftershave

Two-passes, CCS minus the middle C. No blood, but some serious razor burn and feedback from the alum. Blade tugged so bad I thought it was my lather (first use of the Morocco tonight); so for the second pass I whipped up new lather and used the Ice Cube as a pre-shave since I know from experience that it adds slickness for me. It barely helped, though it did allow me to finish the shave. I'll give the blade another shot tomorrow, but I'm not holding my breath.

I had the same experience, with GEM Stainless. Only the PTFE coated worked for me.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: Rudy Vey Shavemac Three-band Silvertip Briar
Soap: Noble Otter Two Kings (sample)
Razor: Merkur Mergress
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (7)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel; Noble Otter Two Kings Aftershave Splash (sample)

No photo - was pressed for time. Many thanks to the venerable @Mark1966 for his Noble Otter samples.
The soap performed very well. The scent, based on rose and oud, was very nice in the aftershave splash, but came across as a little confused as a soap sent.
Three passes for a very close and comfortable shave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom