What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 28th, 2020 - January 3rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sunday, January 3
proxy.php

3P Almond Shaving Soap~~dubl duck #4~~2011 Mühle R41/Gillette Platinum~~Nasomatto Absinth
proxy.php

proxy.php

Have a great day!

F29D09D3-4924-4391-BA16-DA67461860B6.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, JANUARY 3, 2021

This morning’s shave featured the A. Witte Copperhead 6/8 and the Ronson Safety Razor. This particular NOS straight razor arrived six months ago with a note in the accompanying coffin box, “Honed by Henrey 1939”. There still remained a very respectable 81 yr old bevel which I refined. Since then, it, like all of my straights, was retouched on my new 12k Naniwa Super Stone with a final polish on the jasper stone. I really enjoy shaving with this vintage Solingen razor. The Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with its 26mm Boar ferrule generated the lovely, slick, thin mug lather that always makes for a great mug shave. Straight shaving teaches one patience, skin stretching and lightness of touch. Those same qualities carry over into safety razor shaves as well. This little Ronson is a head-heavy, deceptively efficient shaver with its Schick B-20 Proline Injector blade loaded, and one of my top 5 head shavers. Both razors delivered a refreshing, cool, clean, velveteen smooth shave.

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead Solingen 6/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute w/ 26mm Boar Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

SOTD, Sunday, January 3, 2020

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Gillette Tech Pre-War Fat Handle
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless (3)
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Proraso Eucalyptus and Menthol
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Nivea Men Original Post-Shave Balm
Burberry Britt EDT
Thayers Witch Hazel Astringent (unscented)
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Love my Schöne. It's a Fatip with QC.

Yes, I'm quite pleased with Schöne. I installed a stainless steel core in the handle and feels way better. I don't have a Fatip, but for all I understood, the base plate is different. Different number and thickness of teeth. Like the difference between open comb and jaws, at Razorock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom