What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 28th, 2020 - January 3rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Reactions: ICS

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
7D30600C-5C2A-46E7-9666-D3B8AF59D1B4.jpeg

1) Italy: Brush Omega 10777.
2) England: Soap Edwin Jagger Cooling Menthol.
3) Vietnam: Razor Gillette Blue 2 disposable.
4) France: Alum Block Osma.
5) Germany: Aftershave Balm Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
6) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic Cologne.

Christmas Season Day 30.

Rockwell 6S Matte Black with Modern Williams and Aqua Velva Musk.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Williams Mug Soap
Razor: Rockwell 6S Matte Black (R5, R4, and R3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Rockwell (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (14)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS/EdC: Aqua Velva Musk

Like a Musky Aqua Velva Man!!!!!
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Barrbarr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacets #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

Micromatic Mon 28th SOTD
Soap The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor GEM Junior
Blade GEM Stainless 6th
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic
The Goodfellas Smile Chronos AS
Super nice lather from the soap. Creamy, slick, and nice orangy scent!
Shave with razor paired with a blade was good. The blade is still smooth and comfortable for 3passes except during atg on the chin abit jumpy. DFS++ to CCS result. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.5/10
20201228_090153.jpg

SOTD (242/2020)
28-12-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201228_112308-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap: Haslinger ~ Schafsmilch
Razor: Gillette Super Speed Rocket HD
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
Postshave: frigid tap water, Fine Platinum AS.

Another try with with the @Matt O -lathering method. I am really impressed with the results I get...
20201228_133144-01.jpeg

(Sorry @Cal for posting another lather photo).

Attachments

• 20201228_112308-01.jpeg
    20201228_112308-01.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7
3A97DA46-1F0E-4EF2-A468-E2DCA07D744E.jpeg

SOTD MONDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 28, 2020

This morning’s shave was inspired by several members of the crew shaving with Gillette New Improved model safety razors. Mine doesn’t qualify as a ‘Bostonian’ as I lack the accompanying case, but the shave is what counts for me. This model and the New LC are probably my favorite Gillette dome shavers. After checking the Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 under the USB microscope, I noticed some very slight chipping along the middle of the blade. A touch up with the new Naniwa 12k I received for Christmas put that to hair poppin’ rights. And just for a change of pace, I grabbed my Nancy Boy shaving cream and balm. Since the bride left to babysit our granddaughter, I was also free to use a bit of Alt-Innsbruck as a finish. She’ll be gone for most of the day leaving me to supervise the contractors repairing the roof damage from the last storm.

Nancy Boy is one of the best shave creams I use, and probably the best kept secret in wet shaving. The company, established in 2002 does no advertising, and instead relies completely upon word of mouth for their marketing, plowing the savings into the best ingredients they can source for all their products. The Viking Silvertip Badger generated the two types of lathers I enjoy for my morning shaves. The Dubl Duck cleared away the mug whiskers in three passes (WTG, ATG, XTG). Glen Mercurio, the master restorer and honer, always talks up the Naniwa 12k as the ideal touch up finisher and I see why. The edge I refinished based on the techniques demonstrated in his exemplary video on this stone was sharp and buttery smooth. The New Improved is an incredibly efficient safety razor as well, and cleared the dome stubble right down to the skin line. I feel clean, smoothly velveteen, and smell great.

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Gillette New Improved (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Nancy Boy Signature Cooling After-Shave Gel. Finished with Alt-Innsbruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom