SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 28th, 2020 - January 3rd, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20201228_172222.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Dec 28th, 2020

Razor:
Gem Junior bar- Mfg 1907-11, excellent daily driver, lower mid range, feels nice in the hand, its a passage of time to enjoy.
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) excellent blade, very sharp, good longevity, smooths out nicely & predictable.
Soap: Speick, excellent soap, mild spicy scent with excellent soap qualities.
Brush: Razorock noir 400 plissoft, excellent lather creator soft tips with the scrub of a boar brush IMO.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Emperor(creed Adventus version) with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: excellent shave with my 1907ish Gem Jr bar with a coated Gem blade.
MMMonday, Dec 28th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Razor: Karve CB SB-C (very smooth but there was more blade feel than the B plate) by design of course.
Blade: PolSilver
Brush: Semogue 1305
Bowl: Timeless
Soap: Stirling Mountain Man sample (finished) had to work for a good lather today.
A/S: Old Spice Pure Sport
9E35C036-85AC-4E67-B2EA-FC21AE6EBC35.jpeg
Overall great DFS, not sure I could use the C plate on a daily basis, but it was incredibly smooth! Have a great day y’all!

Monday, December 28, 2020
Ugh, Back to Work Shave

Preshave Preparation:Hot shower with a MWF face wash
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Shave bowl/scuttle: Savanah Shave Scuttle
Brush: RazoRock 400 aluminum handle Plissoft knot
Razor: Rockwell 6S plates 2 & 4
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless
Cream/soap: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
The Shave: Two passes with plate 4, one XTG and two ATG with a cold water rinse between each pass. The third pass was ATG with plate 2. Each pass was riding the cap to provide as shallow an angle as possible.
Postshave: Ran a wet Bosomo Alum block over the shaved area. No irritation was found. After a minute, I rinsed the Alum from my face and wet my head. I then applied hyaluronic acid to my head followed by CeraVe AM moisturizer.
Results: very nice smooth shave that will be stubble free for hours.

Prep: Tüff Vor der Rasur
Bowl: Saponificio Varesino Olive wood
Brush: BSB-1 TI HMW
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica
Razor: H&S P-076 OC TI
Blade: Asco Super Stainless
AS: Tüff Rasierwasser
AS: Saponificio Varesino Felce aromatica

proxy.php
Best Regards
Marco

Monday shave

5D4F71A0-23AA-4AD6-8C66-F0C295D95ADD.jpeg

Prep: PAA Ice Cube 2.0
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Menta Terrosa
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best Badger
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb, shave #3
Blade: Gem PTFE, #3
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Murray & Lanman Florida Water cologne (used as an aftershave)

Interesting shave tonight. Went through some more tugging, which I attribute mostly to my lather, which was only okay (though it smelled great!). Some feedback from the alum, but not as much as last night's shave which had better lather and no tugging. That could be because I made sure to use no pressure tonight. I changed my approach angles on the right side of my neck to N-S on the two-pass shave and ended up with the closest DFS I've had on that portion of my neck in ages, as well as DFS everywhere else, too.

Tue 29th SOTD
Cream Saponificio Bignoli Black Berry & Moss
Brush Yaqi 24mm Purple Mink
Razor Parker SemiSlant
Blade Tatra Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershaves Ice Water + Thayers + Hyaluronic + Clubman Brandy Spice
Excellent lather from the cream. Mild pleasant scent. Creamy and slick too.
Shave with the Slant paired with the blade was very good. So smooth and comfortable for 3passes without any issues for a between bbs to dfs. Enjoyable shave. Excellent post & aftershaves. Rating 9.6/10
20201229_082309.jpg

The end is near. End of an era which is sad but fitting given 2020 will soon be a memory.

Many years past I purchased a rather large quantity of UK production Gillette Blues. A gluttonous quantity. Pictured are my last 2 blades. Fitting that most items for the shave are also discontinued. Would have run out some years back but sometimes use my Atra razor.

T&H Authentic No. 10 (discontinued)
Floris JF soap (no longer made)
UK Gillette blades (no longer made)
Gillette razor - this one is new
EJ brush

The Floris JF is a recent find, a NOS puck. The Authentic No. 10 aftershave is my favorite, a daily use for at least the past 5 years. Unfortunately T&H wasn't selling enough of this one so they dropped it.

38AEBCA7-7A9B-4399-BD5B-03F79D9FCC3D.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom