What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 21st - December 27th, 2020

Saturday, December 26-272020
Midnight Shave

As a CPAP user, a clean shaven face usually allows for a restful night with few or no air leaks from the mask.

Preshave Prep: Hot shower with Mitchell’s Wool Fat Bath Soap, including a thorough face wash.
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Shave bowl/scuttle: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap/cream: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Razor: Rockwell 6S plates 2 & 4
Postshave: Nivea Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin
The Shave: Two passes with plate 4, one XTG & one ATG. Third pass with plate 2 ATG.
Results: BBS shave that still feels smooth at 9:30 Sunday morning. No nicks, weepers, cuts or irritation. Finishing up with plate 2 allows for more cleanup and doesn’t irritate the skin. I hear it cutting, but there is no feel of the blade at all. As for my CPAP, there were zero leaks and I slept well.

1227.png

Rasoir Sabre L' Elegant | Elite HMW | Zingari Man - Barrister and Mann collaboration Nocturne

DC4ABBD1-0CB4-4105-A734-913FE2290EA5.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, DECEMBER. It’s been several months since I last used the Gem safety razor, but things fell into place quickly after what looked like a minor weep on the left side of the dome, which disappeared after the second (ATG) pass.

My bride gifted me with a Naniwa 12k Super Stone. I requested it after a conversation with the master restorer, Glen Mercurio. He believes it the equal of just about any finisher out there. I’d noticed some very minor chips on the Witte Copperhead and touched it up yesterday afternoon. It delivered a mirror finish before my usual pasted linen and leather stropping.

Now I love the edges from my jasper stone, but the shave delivered by the Copperhead after the touch up on the 12k this morning was divine, unbelievably sharp and smooth. This new stone is a great refinisher. There was no resistance by the whiskers which were cut cleanly and quietly right down to the skin line. I could have gotten away with two passes. But the shave was just too smooth and easily put the baby to bed! I feel clean, velveteen smooth and refreshed.

RAZOR: A. Witte Copperhead Solingen 6/8 (Mug), Model 1912 Gem
BLADE: Pella PTFE Gem
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Boar Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys WH. Finished with Murray & Lanman Florida Water.

cartoon1609009801954.jpg

Razor: Schick G6 injector razor
Blade: Schick Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Pinaud Brandy Spice
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder

[Imagen: img_4b1d9aad-cc20-4152-bedd-d0d41fc081a3.jpg]

SOTD 27/12/2020

Premiering unicorn with this Yardley that I have not found as special as they say, a vintage soap type Old Spice of the cup that reminds me of its very faint aroma throwing lavender.

Anyway, I paid a lot for a soap that I think has more reputation than anything else and that compared to other soaps of his time, it is not so bad.

Estrenando unicornio con este Yardley que no me ha parecido tan especial como dicen, un jabón vintage tipo Old Spice de la taza que me recuerda su aroma muy tenue tirando a lavanda.

En fin que he pagado un pastón por un jabón que pienso tiene mas renombre que otra cosa y que comparado con otros jabones de su época, no es para tanto.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: NAVAJA REVISOR 6/8 punta cuadrada

Brush: YAQI FERRARI Dos bandas 24 mm

Pre-Shave: Ducha caliente

Lather: YARDLEY Original Shaving bowl

Aftershave: TRUEFITT & HILL 1805 bálsamo

Merry Christmas

Blasphemy........

IMG_20201227_173001563~2.jpg

Have been experimenting with electric shavers mainly for work. Lockers are small and no place to leave quality or cheap razor, soap and brush. Been getting DFS out of this Panasonic ARC 4, wet shave. Also used with Palmolive soap and a second gen Omega synth. Again DFS.

(Please don't hate me)

Saturday, December 26-272020
Midnight Shave

As a CPAP user, a clean shaven face usually allows for a restful night with few or no air leaks from the mask.

Preshave Prep: Hot shower with Mitchell’s Wool Fat Bath Soap, including a thorough face wash.
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Shave bowl/scuttle: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Brush: Edwin Jagger Super Badger
Soap/cream: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Razor: Rockwell 6S plates 2 & 4
Postshave: Nivea Shave Balm for Sensitive Skin
The Shave: Two passes with plate 4, one XTG & one ATG. Third pass with plate 2 ATG.
Results: BBS shave that still feels smooth at 9:30 Sunday morning. No nicks, weepers, cuts or irritation. Finishing up with plate 2 allows for more cleanup and doesn’t irritate the skin. I hear it cutting, but there is no feel of the blade at all. As for my CPAP, there were zero leaks and I slept well.
I just realized I left off the blade. It was a Feather and this was shave 29 on it.

12/23/20 thru 12/26/20
Speick Shave Stick
Muhle Synthetic Silver Tip Travel Brush
Merkur Open Comb Travel Razor
Rapira Swedish Super Steel (2-5)
Osma Alum Block
Mennan Skin Bracer
Banana Republic Wildblue Gel
Banana Republic Wildblue
SOTD12-23thru26-20.jpg

12/27/20
La Toja Shave Stick
Vie-Long 14080
6/8 Fontenille #134
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
La Toja
Proraso Green Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD12-27-20.jpg

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I think there is room for both, even in the SOTD thread but I personally neither understand nor enjoy the lather shots, I simply ignore them. Whilst many shots including my own look staged to a degree, the lather shots, especially those with a ball of lather perched atop a spotlessly clean brush, look comically so to my eye, all that is required are some chocolate sprinkles. 👍

Top Bottom