What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 21st - December 27th, 2020

SOTD : 27th December 2020.

18.jpg

Shaving Recipe For the day.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Nuage Menthol shaving Oil.
Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.
Bowl Lather.
Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.
Lather : Edwin Jagger ~ Limes & pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Blade: Mers ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (2)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint lavender eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./4711 Original Cologne/ASL/Nivea Men ~ Sensitive Cooling PSB./Tommy Hilfiger ~ Bold EDT Spray

Greetings,

A relaxing sunday morning shave.

The EJ limes & pomegranate cream provided a slick protective lather for the shave leaving a excellent post shave feel.

Another wonderful 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few generous squirts of Tommy Hilfiger bold EDT spray to the pulse points.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

0454569C-5F72-43C7-A7A8-033DC0D605F5.jpeg

Pre:-
Razor: pre-war Gold Tech
Blade: Polsilver Iridium 1st use
Brush: Shavemac 20mm Pure
Soap: Cella
Result: BBS no cuts/weepers/irritations

This is an exceptionally nice and smooth blade maybe even nicer than the GSB. My luck, I only bought 2 tucks and now I can’t find it anywhere in Europe again...
Let’s see how many shaves I can get out of this one.

Sunday
Preshave: Perricone Super Clean Face Wash /Stirling Ozark Mountain Pre-Shave Oil
Razor: OREN
Blade: KaI Captain Titan Pink Mild
Brush: EverReady 150 Restore w/TGN 2-band
Soap: Mama Bear’s Ye Olde Barbershoppe
Aftershave: Thayer’s Original Witch Hazel/Alum
Balm: L’Occitane Eau des Baux

Boxing Day shave

70866039-7420-46C0-A3D8-8E05AFCCEF59.jpeg

Prep: Neutrogena Razor Defense face scrub
Cream: Palmolive menthol
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake Two-band Badger
Razor: Gem Micromatic Open Comb, shave #1
Blade: Gem PTFE, #1

First open comb, first Gem MMOC, and first Palmolive cream tonight. Took my time with the razor and proceeded carefully. No blood, some alum feedback, and an overall CCS for this first shave. The blade didn't cut quite as easily as I expected, but that could have been my lather. I presume things will only get better from here as I dial in the angle and get some experience with this razor. The Palmolive was nice, but not outstanding, though the menthol blast on rinsing felt great.

SOTD (241/2020)
27-12-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<
20201227_132722-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: Stirling Soap Finest Badger Fan
Soap: Le Père Lucien ~ Cèdre Orange
Razor: 1962 Gillette Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Le Père Lucien Cèdre Orange AS.

Got this soap (and the matching aftershave) as a Christmas present from my family. So for the sake of the family peace I had to include the duo into my next SOTD (though not being part of my recent bet).

Glad I did because this an amazing (!) soap. FWIW, I am willing to make this statement after just one shave with this soap and this particular brand.

It's easy to lather, provides excellent slickness (both primary and residual) but the real star of the show is the cushion this soap provided. This dense and creamy goodness is absolutely stunning (the cushion is even better than the cushion of Tabac, which has been my benchmark in terms of elite cushion performance so far).

The scent of the soap is nicely balanced (clean orange and cedar), the scent is just midstrong, clean and nicely composed without being overly complex... (the AS is a bit more on the cedar side). I think the metal tin is an eye-catcher, too.

As you might have noticed I am quite impressed by this gift.

I applied the "matto-method" today.
That worked pretty well.
20201227_121220-01.jpeg
20201227_121254-01.jpeg
20201227_121759-01.jpeg

Thank you @matto for sharing the link.

Enjoy your Sunday, gents!

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday injector shave, I really enjoy a injector on a Sunday, I have been doing it for years and hopefully a lot more.

Razor: Pal injecto-matic-Mfg 1952>, mid range<, very easy to handle and easy to shave under the nose with good results usually.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (7) excellent blade, the nice strengths of the personna's are longevity and I can leave a blade in the razor for months and still as sharp as the day placed in the racks after giving a quick blow to dry it after each use. Very Sharp & Smooth IMO.
Soap: Speick stick, excellent mild spicy scent, excellent lather qualities.(protection, one of the better hard soaps IMO)
Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm with black marble handle :001_wub:,Excellent lather creator, cloud like soft tips & good scrubber if wanted.
Pre shave:Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers =:a17:Excellent shave with my Pal injecto-matic with a Personna injector blade.

Sunday injector shave, Dec27th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

SOTD, Sunday, December 27, 2020

DFS. 1 WTG, 2 XTG passes.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Merkur 33C
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Stainless
Brush: Simpson Trafalgar T2
Pre-Shave: PAA Cube 2.0 Mentholated
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man
Additional Care:
Creed Aventus
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner