Vulfix 2235 super badger
Trumper's rose shaving cream
QED lavendar shave stick for chin touch up
QED rose hydrosol
Trumper's coral skin food

Jerry

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Shower: Molton Brown Re-Charge Black Pepper Bodywash, Baxters shampoo and conditioner, Nancy Boy Mild Facial Wash

Shave:
Shavemac "Scotto Special"
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
Nancy Boy shave cream
Provence Sante Green Tea After Shave

Provence Sante Green Tea EdT

full

After fumbling around with the str8 the past few days, I just had to get out the good old Futur. Seamless, glass-like shave. Ahhhh...

Shavemac SMF Brush
Speik shave cream
Merkur Progress/Israeli Personna
Thayer's Witch Hazel
Trumper's Skin Food

Grocery Store boar brush
Col. Conk lime shave soap
Gillette Sensor Excel
Nivea Sensitive A/S Balm

Savile Row SR23 super badger brush
Col. Conk lime soap with dollop of Palmolive
Gillette Sensor Excel
Nivea Sensitive A/S Balm

I actually "shaved" three times today. Once for myself and "twice" for a couple lady's at work who decided they were going to get their husbands an inexpensive (locally available) traditional shave kit for Christmas! They had seen me "convert" three other men in the office over the past few months and decided it was worth trying out on their men. :) So I whipped up some Col. Conk (equivalent to the Surrey Glyercin Shave Soap available locally) with a cheapy boar brush (also available locally), brushing the back of their hand so they could tell what the brush/lather felt like. Then re-lathered with my "super" badger brush to show them the difference between what a cheap brush felt like what and a decent brush felt like. I also gave them some samples of good creams for their husbands to try, once they got the hang of their technique (Trumper's Violet, Taylor's Avacado, Coates Limes, Truefitt & Hill 1805). As for technique, I told them to have them shave with the grain of their beard, twice, for the first week; then a with-grain and a cross-grain pass after a couple weeks. If they stick with it I'll get them to try an against-grain pass later. They'll be using a Sensor Excel for now (also locally available and reasonably gentle).

How's that for "paying it forward"? Yes, I admit I'm a raving traditional shaving advocate. :001_tt2:

--Mark

good hot shower
prep with hot water and hot towel
Omega brush
Muehle-Pinsel shaving cream
Vision DE
Lubriderm unscented moisturiser
Bulgari Notte eau de toilette

my secretary's daughter has been working in my place to help out, and she told me I smell so nice!:001_tt2: She also complimented me on my shave! uh-oh! I must be doing something right!:biggrin:

Jeff

Edwin Jagger DE w/ Feather Platinum Blade
T&H mini super badger brush
QED Sandalwood Shave Soap
QEDman DaVinci Water
Feather Aftershave Balm

Merkur HD w/Feather blade
Savile Row 2136 silvertip
Floris Santal shaving cream
QEDman DaVinci water
Feather ASB
Floris Santal EDT

I must say this Savile Row 2136 is really a luxurious brush. Very dense and firm yet extremely soft.

Jerry

full

Zirh Pre Shave Oil
Trumpers Sandalwood Cream
Shavemac XL Silvertip
Merkur Vision
Zirh Soothe Aftershave Balm
Perry Ellis EDT

Shower: Baxters Invigorating Bergamot-Pear bodywash, shampoo, conditioner, and face wash

Shave:
Edwin Jagger for C&E best badger
QED grapefruit and peppermint baby shave stick :drool:
Merkur Futur with Merkur blade
Em's Cucumber AS Splash
D.R. Harris AfterShaving Milk

John Varvatos EdT

full

I keep saying it: if I had this best badger brush earlier, I would never have melted my shave sticks. The thing is AWESOME with shave sticks

Taylors Rose Cream....she never lets me down!
AOS Brush
Merkur HD
Post Shave wash with Men-U....am I the only one who washes after shaving?
Tend Skin
CADE Balm.....starting to really believe in this stuff

Happy Holidays

Merkur Futur with Merkur PtInox
Provence Santé Brush
Provence Santé Soap
Provence Santé Verlain Aftershave
Provence Santé Verlain EdT

full

Shermdog said:
Taylors Rose Cream....she never lets me down!
AOS Brush
Merkur HD
Post Shave wash with Men-U....am I the only one who washes after shaving?
Tend Skin
CADE Balm.....starting to really believe in this stuff

Happy Holidays
I tried washing after shaving with the Men-U and didn't notice any difference, so I stopped bothering.

As for the CADE balm, it is in my top 3.

Scotto said:
I tried washing after shaving with the Men-U and didn't notice any difference, so I stopped bothering.

As for the CADE balm, it is in my top 3.

I am prone to skin infections so I need to make sure my skin is absolutely clean before rubbing any balm, aftershave, or astringent into it.

my usual hot shower
prep with a hot towel and hot water
M3P razor
Omega brush
L'Occitane Cade shaving soap
The shave started off great, but by the time I got to my chin area, I saw some blood, which made me queezy, I don't know what is with me, but every time I nick myself, I get a lousy queezy feeling. When I finished the shave and rinced off my face was completely absent of color for an hour, and I was sweating terribly. I think I'll lay off the shave for tomorrow.

Jeff :frown:

Showered With SoapDance Sandalwood Vanilla Bath Soap

EJ Best Badger Brush
7/8 Robert Williams Special Razor
Kent Shaving Soap
Floris Santal Aftershave Balm
Floris Santal EdT

Top Bottom