What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 21st - December 27th, 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Barrbarr
Razor/Blade:- Muhle Rocca R94 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #8
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Tonight Tipple:- Balvenie Doublewood 17yrs old

SOTD - Saturday 26 December 2020

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Timeless Razor - Bronze 0.38 SB
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Saponificio Varesino - Olivewood - 2.0 - 28mm Fan (Manchurian Badger)
  • Shaving Bowl: Saponificio Varesino - Shaving Grail Bowl
  • Shaving Soap: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Beta 4.1
  • After-Shave: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - Splash
  • Fragrance: Saponificio Varesino - Settantesimo Anniversario - EdP (100 ml)

E25B470F-64C2-484A-A24A-EA910C85E9E3.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 26, 2020

This morning’s shave was much less pressured than yesterday’s. In the interest of variety, I rolled right back into my standard rotation and selected the reliable Puma 88 5/8 straight razor for the mug and the trusty Ronson safety razor for the dome. SWMBO left early this morning for a 60 mile bike ride. Since I’m still recovering from my broken ribs I was excused and freed up to use my Indian version of Old Spice AS which to my untrained nose smells virtually the same as my hoarded Shelton original version.

The MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle hybrid knot #007 is and has been one of my favorites since it’s arrival in my den. It possesses just the right combination of backbone and softness to generate the two types of lather I enjoy for my shaves. The thinner, wetter face lather was just perfect for the Puma which sheared away my mug whiskers easily. I removed the twin blade from the Ronson and loaded the usual Schick Proline B-20 injector blade. The resulting yogurty, bowl-lathered dome shave with this wonderful, head-heavy little safety razor was exactly as expected. I feel clean, velveteen smooth, refreshed, and smell - yes 30DC unbelievers - good!

RAZOR: Puma 88 5/8 (Mug), Ronson Safety Razor (Dome)
BLADE: Schick Proline B-20 Injector
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: MrEE Knurled Aluminum Handle Hybrid Knot #007
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Cremo Cooling Post Shave Balm and Old Spice Original (Indian Version).

SOTD, Saturday, December 26, 2020

2 pass XTG, 1 pass WTG. DFS shave.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless (2)
Brush: Maggard Silver Tip Badger
Pre-Shave: Proraso Pre-Shave
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Speick After Shave Lotion
Additional Care:
Alum Block
cold water splash
Thayers Witch Hazel Cucumber Toner
Burberry Britt EDT
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD, Sat, Dec 26th 2020, Boxing day starts and some folks go a little crazy on sale hunting who have the means.

Razor : AC Kai type shavette clone - seems like a well built shavette AC clone, not as good as stainless for lasting, But will not break the bank to see if using a shavette is a nice shaving experience.
Blade: Kai Protouch guard AC (2) A very nice blade to learn with IMO, very smooth and a little more care free shave using these blades.
Soap: Spieck stick- nice mild scent with a some spices and great later qualities for the first time using.
Brush: Yaqi Evil Zebra 26 mm knot, excellent lather creator with cloud like soft tips and a nice gentle scrubber if that's what fellow wants.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on cleaned beard area.
Prep : cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups. (getting use to this new way of shaving)
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Lavender with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,bBS + no irritation + 2 small blemish weepers = :a17: Great shave with this Kai style AC shavette with a Kai protouch guard blade.
SOTD, DEC 26th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & thinks safe in these times!

Top Bottom