5DAC2C43-ADE2-4D94-A415-9DFBB310E0C9.jpeg

SUNDAY 22 DECEMBER 2019
GILLETTE New (Cerakote by North Shore)
CHARCOAL GOODS 3D Bishop Handle
VOSKHOD Teflon (1)
WOLF WHISKERS Plisson
BARRISTER & MANN Behold The Whatsis!

l
No, I do not load mine all the way up usually between 6-8 for me and loads well as m spring is pretty tight. A friend of mine back in St. Louis had a C2 as well and he didn't have problems at first until he took it apart and oiled it, then blades stuck together. Maybe even gummed up the inside as well. Was hit and miss for him after that.
Thanks! Managed to load a blade. Shaved with it this morning!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Good morning this MMMonday Dec 23-19, Merry Christmas to all and the best in the New year that is so close.

Razor : ( Kampfe brothers) Star bar model # 4 - MFG 1919
Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (2)
Soap : Razorock Irish Country side
Brush : Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers 26 mm
Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Post shave : Razorock XXX with witch Hazel + Nivea balm for winter cold months.
Results : CCS,DFS,BBs + some irritation + 1 blemish weeper from previous shave= :001_smile

MMMonday Dec 23-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD : 24th December 2019.

c.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

Warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap: Wilkinson Sword Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(1)

Razor: Ming Shi 2000S. (Settings) wtg 2.5, xtg 2.5, atg + pick ups 3.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Blue Stratos ~ ASL.

Aloe Vera Gel.

Greetings,

(Christmas Eve Shave)

Out of all my adjustable razors the Ming shi 2000s,is by far the most assertive/aggressive, it has a reputation of a very Love/Hate opinion razor within the wet shaving community...I was passed on mine from a friend, i also have a spare one too, both of them have good blade enlignment, it is however a very aggressive razor, even on it's lowest setting it's still a very efficient razor you must be it's master instantly when shaving .It also doesn't allow bad technique, or lack of concentration,and most importantly the lightest of touch and much respect is vital if not, it'll bite you for sure.

These are just my personal views,so don't be put off by my comments. I personally like the ming shi 2000s, but that's me,and everyone isn't the same as me..IMHO 99% of good shaving results is down to practising & learning your technique, good preparation a sharp blade that is suited to your skin type & gaining shaving confidence, and not to expect a sublime BBS shave everytime we shave...Enough said.

A wonderfully smooth 3 pass + pick ups near BBS christmas eve shave with no errors to report.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous dollop of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your christmas eve, ladies & gentlemen.😎

PS: To all members of B&B, have a wonderful safe & peaceful christmas day tomorrow whatever you may be doing.☺

PSS: Be careful tomorrow when walking up & down the stairs in those dangerous christmas gift slippers!!!.😳

Last edited:

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
Tuesday 12.24.19 SOTD

DSCF0008 - Edited.jpg

Taylor Of Old Bond Street Shaving Herbal Pre-Shave Gel
Rockwell 6C R6
Perma-Sharp Super Stainless (3)
Vintage Kingsley (Austria) Pure Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Peppermint Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Aftershave Balm

DSCF0013 - Edited.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SOTD Tue Dec 24-19:santa:

Razor : Oneblade Core version 2 -MFG 2019
Blade : Gem SS PTFE Modified (1)
Soap : Razrock Irish Country side
Brush : Razorock Noir 400
Preshave : Brush wash the face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on beard area.
Post shave : Fine fresh Vetiver with witch Hazel + Nivea balm
Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + 1 weeper = :a17:

Tuesday DEC24-2019 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

SOTD Tuesday 12/24/19

Christmas Eve Shave

Preshave: Smooth Lavender preshave oil.
Soap: Williams Mug
Brush:Annbus Badger hair
Razor: GEM G bar flip top
Blade: Blue CVS SE
Aftershave: Nivea Balm then a splash Clubman VIBR

Second shave with the GEM. The blade seemed to tug a bit more this time than the first but all in all still a good shave.

proxy.php

SOTD : 26th December 2019.

d.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Nivea Men Power Fresh Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Brown Synthetic.(Faux Horse)

Face Lather.

Soap: LEA Shave Stick.

Blade: Gillette Winner.(2)

Razor: Ming Shi 3000s Adjustable. (settings) wtg 5, xtg 6, atg + pick ups 7.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Boots~ Cucumber Facial Toner + Moisturising Lotion.

Williams ~ Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version.)

Greetings,

(Boxing Day Shave)

Boxing day maiden shave duo...After unwrapping my christmas presents yesterday, which i was highly delighted with i was looking forward to trying out the crimbo gift brush & razor duo.

The verdict of the duo?... i'll start with the brush,i have three yaqi synthetic brushes now, and each on has it's own character, the Rainbow Brown synthetic "Faux Horse"on first appearance i thought it was too big? and going to be a 'lather monster'? both of which was the complete opposite,the brush holds the lather wonderfully, and has lovely 'face feel' very like my natural horsehair brushes,and isn't awkward or feel too big to use for me..I'll have to give it a try on my next head shave... I've only one shave under my belt but i know it's going to be a firm favourite in my brush rotation...My siblings bought it for me purely for the rainbow handle, which is amazing i agree, but the overall brush is fantastic...A superb addition to my humble shaving brush collection.

The ming shi 3000s adjustable verdict..As with any of my other razors i don't compare them with each other, as i get shaving pleasure from each and every razor that i have in my humble collection.. The vast majority of them are very in-expensive,granted i mentioned in my past postings it's not because i'm a tight fisted frugal 'Cheapo charlie' , no because i'm not sucked in by the hype around the latest hot wet shaving hard or software release,but that me...An egg is egg, ok you have different types and each vary in price, but they all do the same thing?..everone is different..each their own choice....Anyway back to the 3000s adjustable,first it has a good weight to it, slightly top heavy but nothing that made the shave feel uncomfortable any the most important aspect of any razor has no concerning safety issues which will cause injury to me when shaving with it

The finish and appearance of the razor is resonably good,i assume the finish coating will last a considerably long time.The moving TTO parts,doors are all in smooth working order with no uneven blade enlignment or aggression gap difference.

There is always a element of risk when purchasing anything that is a in-expensive and mass produced product, but like my other two ming shi 2000'S razors, i've been fortunate to get another good mass produced chinese made DE razor with no issues.

The Gillette winner blade on it's second outing paired together very nicely with the 3000s making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient duo.

I skipped the milder settings knowing the milder settings on the razor would have struggled to remove my stubble,and started on setting 5 on the wtg,pass then 6, on the xtg pass, finishing on 7, for the atg, + pick ups passes, resulting in a DFS-near BBS shave with no errors to report.

I personally find the ming shi 3000s considerably milder than the it's sibling the 2000s,if i used the same settings on my 2000s it would have been noticably more efficient...All in all though,it was a enjoyable smooth maiden shave with the ming shi 3000s, which i look forward to using again in my up and coming SOTD set ups.

Finishing to the shave off with a generous Splash of Aqua Velva ASL.(Spanish Version)

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your boxing day, ladies & gentlemen.😎

Top Bottom