Thayers
Ethos Unscented Skin Food splash
IMG_4137.jpg

Some new kit in today’s shave!
Razor: GameChanger .68 (new)
Blade: PIR
Brush: Semogue 830 (new)
Soap & A/S: Captain’s Choice Nor’easter
What a fantastic razor! Smooth first shave and very enjoyable! The bulldog handle has some incredible knurling, I definitely would like to get some more RR knurled handles! The brush had one lather on it prior to this shave so it is still getting broken in. Looking forward to the process and seeing where it ends up! Have a great day y’all!
ACA83FFC-F4FE-4834-804A-065B5C7AD206.jpeg

Razor. Gillette New style Oc head from my tuck a way (gold) on an ikon bulldog handle.
Brush yaqi synth
Blade. Feather (4)
Soap. Barrister and Mann. Petrichor excelsior
Aftershave. Brut

This combo plowed through with little resistance 3+ days of grizzle in two passes plus some touch up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Sunday shave

300DDA9B-58AC-47FB-BD11-CB46C9CB0979.jpeg

Prep: PAA Cube 2.0
Soap: Saponoficio Bignoli Blackberry Musk
Brush: Certifyd #2 Boar
Razor: Schick Type L1, shave #9
Blade: Schick (China), #9
Post: Alum -> hyaluronic acid-> Ogallala Bay Rum aftershave

An easy, comfortable two-pass DFS to close out this week's SOTD. First use of the Bignoli and got a great lather, plenty slick and protective. Scent was great off the puck, but faded rapidly upon lathering, which is a shame because it's a really nice scent.

12/19/20
Tabac
Muhle 31K 256 Silver Tip Fiber
5/8 Robert Klaas "Kissing Cranes"
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum
Haslinger Sandalwood Balm
Dolce & Gabbana The One
SOTD12-19-20.jpg

12/20/20
La Toja Shave Stick
Vie-Long 13052
13/16 Filarmonica #14
Tony Miller 3" Steerhide Strop
Osma Alum Block
La Toja
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Versace Pour Homme
SOTD12-20-20.jpg

Sunday, December 20, 2020
A Late Evening Shave just before bedtime

Preshave Preparation: Hot Shower
Preshave: Proraso White Preshave
Bowl/Scuttle: Savanna Shave Scuttle
Soap/Cream: MWF
Razor: Rockwell 6S plate #4
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless shave 26
Postshave Treatment: Cold water rinse followed by Bosomo Alum Block. One minute later I washed my face with the leftover MWF, followed by a cold water rinse to wash off the soap and alum. After the alum is washed off, wet my head and neck and then apply Hyaluronic Acid followed by First Aid Moisturizer.
Results: Surprisingly close shave considering I had not shaved in three days and I only did two passes. The Feather blade has stayed consistent since about the 4th shave. It doesn’t show any sign of degrading since then.

SOTD : 22nd December 2020.

15.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Cussons Imperial Leather ~ Arctic Ocean & Icelandic Moss Shower Gel.

Pre
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Yardley ~ English Lavender Bar Soap + Wilko Men's shave Oil.
Brush : Anbbas Boar.
Face Lather.
Lather : Blue's goat milk Shaving Soap.
Blade: Mers: ~ Supershave X 'Snapped in 1/2'. (3)
Razor: Yaqi Katana.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade (~Winter mix~) peppermint Lavender, +eucalyptus, Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Boots ~ Freshwood Aftershave Balm./ Geoffrey Beene ~Grey Flannel EDT.

Greetings,

After the wonderful shave using the Chinese cologne soap in my previous shave i went for the Blue's goat milk soap another Chinese made soap that i used a lot when i first started out, however, i can't remember the last time that i added it to my soap rotation and totally forgot how well it lathers and it's wonderful post shave feel.

A enjoyable 3 pass + pick ups close comfortable/near BBS shave with no errors to report...Finishing to the shave off with a few liberal squirts of Geoffrey Beene EDT to the pulse points.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your Day ladies & gentlemen.😎

Last edited:
Nice set! Did you cast the blanks yourself?

The razor kit looks similar to the ones in my profile picture. I shave with one of these clones quite often.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom