Status
Not open for further replies.
Brit #15 w/Stirling Barber Shop soap and AS
BRIT15.JPG

Sun 20th SOTD
Soap Ariana & Evans Peach & Cognac
Brush BOTI 26mm Fan Silvertip
Razor Gillette Tech
Blade Elios Inoxidable 4th change to Feather (3)
Post & Aftershaves
Ice Water + Thayers
Hyaluronic + Clubman Whisky Wood
Really good scent from the soap. Today's lather abit on the thin side...
Shave with razor paired with blade did not feel good/smooth during wtg pass so change to the Feather (3) blade. Was better for rest of 3passes without any issues for a bbs to dfs result. Excellent aftershaves...
Rating 9/10
20201220_124136.jpg

Sunday, 12/20

20201220_092242.jpg

Razor - Above the Tie Atlas R1
Blade - Gillette 7 O'clock Green
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm tuxedo
Soap - PAA Space Nog
A/S - Brickell unscented

I had to use Space Nog again because, so good. I love this rich scent, and the lather was shiny, wet, and fantastic. The razor cruised through it, blade performed very well and my face is so smooth and comfortable. Terrific shave.

SOTD (236/2020)
20-12-2020

>> Shave Roulette <<

20201220_122128-01.jpeg

Preshave: frigid tap water
Brush: WestCoastShaving Two Tone Tall Synthetic 26/56
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing ~ Danidevile Revolution
Razor: Razorock GC .84 Jaws
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux(2)
Postshave: frigid tap water, Majestät AS.

TFS is quite under the radar on this site, but given today's performance TFS deserves more attention. At least Danidevil Revolution provided a rock solid performance today. Had a lovely shave... and a damn close one.

Enjoy your Sunday!

60F857D0-5E2A-473F-8208-6CE538A66052.jpeg
SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 20, 2020

My youngest grandson, Nate (age 3), is coming over to make Kifli, an Austrian-Hungarian killer pastry cookie, with his grandfather and grandmother this afternoon. So, despite the gloomy weather, I pulled out two of my favorite shavers, my Eclipse Red Ring safety razor for the dome, and my R. Saito SK3 7/8 smiling straight razor for the mug! After building my two usual MWF lathers, I launched right into a slow, leisurely three pass (WTG, ATG, XTG) mug shave. The Saito is such a great razor to shave with. It always feels like I’m just scooping away the lather with this razor. I took my time, and ended up with a velveteen smooth face. The Red Ring is an incredibly efficient safety razor as well. It is easily the equivalent of my R41 without the same blade feel. Two pleasant passes (ATG, ATG) left my dome exactly the way I like it. This was such a great shave I may repeat it tomorrow with my lime software. I feel clean, velveteen and refreshed.

RAZOR: R. Saito SK3 7/8 (Mug), Eclipse Red Ring (Dome)
BLADE: Feather DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Alpha Shaving T-400 Tribute with 26mm Two Band Badger Ferrule
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH. Finished with Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme Balm.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick shave, Dec 20 2020

Razor: Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant- Mfg 1930's 40's, excellent mid range, very nimble in the hand to move over the face.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE (6) very sharp, smooths out nicely and has great longevity.
Soap: Razorock Lavender- nice scent with excellent lather qualities. One of favorite Razorock soaps.
Brush: Yaqi Artic Sky 24mm knot- excellent lather creator with heavenly cloud like tips for a painting. Nice gentle scrubber.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock King Louis Aftershave with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers = :a17:excellent shave with my Schick E2 injector, Canadian variant.

Sunday Schick shave. Dec 20th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom