What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - December 12th - December 18, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Ron for your comments. And yes, I do like my WSP black badger. I have 3 badgers, the WSP black, Hibco pure and a VDH best. And I prefer the WSP out of the 3. For me it strikes a good balance between a good broken in boar brush, like my Semogue 1305, yet it still has a good softness and scrithiness that gets me a good lather from any soap I use. A little on the small side. But she gets it done quite well. I look forward to getting a Silvertip from WSP. I have an eye out for 2 of their brushes, the "Duchess", and the "Earl". They look magnificent and luxurious. My only problem is getting them past the misses. She's a pistol I tell ya.

If you get another WSP I hope you enjoy it. Actually I like my Stubby best WSP over the silvertip, which is actually a bit floppy.

Thanks, Ron. I don't always to take & post pictures, but I try to, at least occasionally. The ATT H2 is nice and aggressive, yet still smooth, with the 15mm UFO SS handle. Regarding the Cade cream, I thought that it was just OK, the first few times that I used it, and I hadn't touched it in months. However, I've used it the past couple of days, and it's been excellent. My biggest qualm about the Cade line is that each product that I've tried (shaving soap, shaving cream, AS balm, EdT) has a different scent, so much so that I wouldn't expect them to be in the same line, so that's a bit odd. The Cade AS balm is outstanding, maybe the best that I've tried. Thanks again, and take care.

Interesting about the Cade scents. I hadn't heard that. I've also found that sometimes if I return to a less than stellar performing soap it's better. Perhaps it's my technique or the aging of the soap. I have one that I do need to try again. If it's still a dud it will probably be its last roundup.

I got it as a gift. Route 66 soaps are in my "Top 5". Here is their scent description: "aroma of delicious Sicilian blood oranges, with their signature spicy berry undertone, blended with a hint of fir, warmed on a rich woody base. "

Saturday
Prep: Warm Shower-Stirling Bath Soap-Gentleman
Soap: Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Razor: Gillette Fat Boy
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue Super Platinum (7)
Brush: RazoRock/Zenith Chubby Extra Silvertip-28mmx51mm
Aftershave: Stirling Executive Man w/Menthol

WTG-XTG-ATG (adjusted angles for my beard)

Stirling MITA today. 20 seconds to load the RR/Zenith Silvertip. Easy, thick, slick, lather. Gillette 7 O’Clock Blue SP still in the Fat Boy. Excellent smooth, close shave. I finished with Stirling Executive Man w/Menthol.

Bob

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v...Shave/SOTD 2016/SOTD 12-17-16_zpsbzkrasxw.jpg

The Sweeny Todd sounds great, Bob. Thanks.

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Ever Ready 100 Handle with 22mm Maggard Synthetic Knot
Van Yulay Dress Bleu's
1904 Gillette Double Ring / Crystal (4)
Thayers Superhazel/Proraso Green Pre/post Followed with Barrister's Reserve Classic

proxy.php

Feather AS-D2 with a Feather Hi-Stainless
Semogue 2000
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cavendish SS
Musgo Real AS

Thank you, gentlemen for the excellece in picture and word to begin the weekend. Saturday was certainly one find day at SOTD.

Once again I want to thank each of you for your contributions, be it photograph or written post. All are welcome and all are appreciated.

@Smooth Steve - A very jaunty looking photo, Steve, quite apropos to Clown Fruit. Like the razor rest.
@skypsyd - Nicely done macro-esque shot, Dave. Gives a great feel for the shave.
@Dagwoodz - Fine low level pic, Josh. Quite an enticing shave.
@Jnatcat - Lovely portrait, Will. Very attractive razor. Neat bottle.
@Captain Greybeard - The soap certainly seems worth visiting again. The Valobra cream will soon be in my den.
@shm - This shave looks like a winner to me, Søren. Sweet looking brush. The citrus zinger soap sounds intriguing.
@Clint64 - Quite attractive photo. I think the Calypso adds a bit of zest to any pic it's in.
@Cash_Stronomer - Enjoy your shave free weekend. Such a sharp looking b&w with great depth of field.
@mcdig - That's a beautiful handle on the Simpson. Nice perspective on the SE. Love the blue shading of the pic.
@Bobcat - The 7 O'clock Blue seems to be holding up pretty well for you.
@fallenangell - Some mighty nice looking peaky lather on your brush. Soap is looking good.
@Peter_A - Excellent array, Peter. How does the North go with the Cade balm?
@SCshaver - The low angle shot does give a dramatic effect. Did the aftershave go well with the Soap Commander Serenity?
@lindyhop66 - What a brightly colored, cheery photo. Nicely presented.
@Theyack - Neatly done. Love the scattered cereal mirroring the soap label. Nice brush. Great seasonal backdrop.
@120inna55 - That is cool, Matt! Love the towering impression of the pic. Hope you liked Rogue One.
@Winblows - Fine close-in shot of a quite interesting set up.
@Doug57 - Handsome layout, Doug. The Veg rules, eh?
@cruise_bone - Smart looking vertical. To me Trismegistus has quite a pleasing fragrance. I really need to get the aftershave.
@doc47 - Another striking high angle, Dan. Excellent sparse, impressive array.
@blzrfn - Love your richly colored layout, Dave. Great seasonal mug. And that razor....
@sarimento1 - A heavenly photo, Murray. Marvelous alignment, especially the raised bowl. Blue with envy!
@Noire - A priceless picture. The thin layer of snow is perfect. Love that brush! Great wintery background.
@eezee - (1) Superb shot of the neatly huddled elements of a high quality shave. (2) Fine photo of an efficient travel set up.
@PACO GALAN - Tantalizing pic. Your razor is a beaut!
@xxlpack - The refinement of your photos continues. Very accomplished.
@EzraCobb - Love a good snow shave picture, Jamie! Neat use of the shovel and lights.
@CT23 - Splendid composition, Chris. Love that mossy wall top. The low level natural light is so spectacular. Lovely environs; you know how to find them!
@nikonNUT - Nice present!! That military set is pristine.
@ram57 - Fabulous photo! Beautiful brush. Love the floral frame.
@evnpar - Excellent diagonal presentation. Razor and brush are exceptional.
@Adam18 - Your background and frontal lighting gives the illusion that the elements are suspended in mid-air. Love it.

Another very late evening for me, gents. Do I see a habit forming? Well, I'll bid you good night now. Be seeing you.

Last edited:
Sunday's Shave
Shower + Proraso White pre-shave & Rinse

Feather AC/DX Kamisori
Feather Pro Blade (6)
Rudy Vey shavemac 2-band silvertip
Proraso White shave cream
Proraso White aftershave balm
Prraso Green aftershave splash
Acqua di Parma Colonia Intensa EdP

proxy.php

Have A Blessed Sunday Gentlemen

Razor: Gillette FB
Scuttle: DB Bill Bowl
Soap: Mama Bear Aged Spice
Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Aftershave: Old Spice
Balm: Neutrogena
Talc: Old Spice
$IMG_5796.jpg

Thank you, gentlemen for the excellece in picture and word to begin the weekend. Saturday was certainly one find day at SOTD.

Once again I want to thank each of you for your contributions, be it photograph or written post. All are welcome and all are appreciated.

@Winblows - Fine close-in shot of a quite interesting set up.
Another very late evening for me, gents. Do I see a habit forming? Well, I'll bid you good night now. Be seeing you.
Thanks Ron!

Last edited:
@shm - This shave looks like a winner to me, Søren. Sweet looking brush. The citrus zinger soap sounds intriguing.

It was a winner, all gear is practically fail-safe :wink:
I am a huge fan of all things citrus, and this soap does not disappoint in that area; it is not just lemon or lime, the scent is very nice rounded compared to the prickly you get from only lemon or lime (if it makes sense). The combination of the different oils used if great in my opinion.
Add to that good glide and protection and it is a top notch product in my eyes.

I am a big fan of Nanny's soaps, so far I haven't come by a scent I disliked, they are all very well composed.

Prep - Noxzema / Hot towel
Pre shave - Proraso
Razor – Barbaros TR-1
Blade – Permasharp
Brush - The 'Americana' (Shavemac 24/48 D01 2 Band)
Soap – Tallow+Steel – Classic
Post - Witch Hazel, Trevarno Revitalising Face Oil

well, that was a bit of a surprise.... I usually find the Barbaros to be on the aggressive side, but with the Permasharp I really had to work to get a BBS finish. No, I can't make sense of it either, but it's not a combination that I'll be in hurry to try again..But, on a good note, the 'Americana'/Tallow+Steel combo was impeccable..

pre: hot water - red Proraso
shaving soap: captain's choice - sandalwood
Brush: muhle silvertip
razor: Giesen & Forsthoff - astra
after shave: rockford classic

proxy.php

Sunday evening

Razor: superspeed
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Soap: tabac
Brush: Omega 10018
A/S: Nivea