What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - December 12th - December 18, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you, gentlemen for the excellece in picture and word to begin the weekend. Saturday was certainly one find day at SOTD.

Once again I want to thank each of you for your contributions, be it photograph or written post. All are welcome and all are appreciated.

@Smooth Steve - A very jaunty looking photo, Steve, quite apropos to Clown Fruit. Like the razor rest.
@skypsyd - Nicely done macro-esque shot, Dave. Gives a great feel for the shave.
@Dagwoodz - Fine low level pic, Josh. Quite an enticing shave.
@Jnatcat - Lovely portrait, Will. Very attractive razor. Neat bottle.
@Captain Greybeard - The soap certainly seems worth visiting again. The Valobra cream will soon be in my den.
@shm - This shave looks like a winner to me, Søren. Sweet looking brush. The citrus zinger soap sounds intriguing.
@Clint64 - Quite attractive photo. I think the Calypso adds a bit of zest to any pic it's in.
@Cash_Stronomer - Enjoy your shave free weekend. Such a sharp looking b&w with great depth of field.
@mcdig - That's a beautiful handle on the Simpson. Nice perspective on the SE. Love the blue shading of the pic.
@Bobcat - The 7 O'clock Blue seems to be holding up pretty well for you.
@fallenangell - Some mighty nice looking peaky lather on your brush. Soap is looking good.
@Peter_A - Excellent array, Peter. How does the North go with the Cade balm?
@SCshaver - The low angle shot does give a dramatic effect. Did the aftershave go well with the Soap Commander Serenity?
@lindyhop66 - What a brightly colored, cheery photo. Nicely presented.
@Theyack - Neatly done. Love the scattered cereal mirroring the soap label. Nice brush. Great seasonal backdrop.
@120inna55 - That is cool, Matt! Love the towering impression of the pic. Hope you liked Rogue One.
@Winblows - Fine close-in shot of a quite interesting set up.
@Doug57 - Handsome layout, Doug. The Veg rules, eh?
@cruise_bone - Smart looking vertical. To me Trismegistus has quite a pleasing fragrance. I really need to get the aftershave.
@doc47 - Another striking high angle, Dan. Excellent sparse, impressive array.
@blzrfn - Love your richly colored layout, Dave. Great seasonal mug. And that razor....
@sarimento1 - A heavenly photo, Murray. Marvelous alignment, especially the raised bowl. Blue with envy!
@Noire - A priceless picture. The thin layer of snow is perfect. Love that brush! Great wintery background.
@eezee - (1) Superb shot of the neatly huddled elements of a high quality shave. (2) Fine photo of an efficient travel set up.
@PACO GALAN - Tantalizing pic. Your razor is a beaut!
@xxlpack - The refinement of your photos continues. Very accomplished.
@EzraCobb - Love a good snow shave picture, Jamie! Neat use of the shovel and lights.
@CT23 - Splendid composition, Chris. Love that mossy wall top. The low level natural light is so spectacular. Lovely environs; you know how to find them!
@nikonNUT - Nice present!! That military set is pristine.
@ram57 - Fabulous photo! Beautiful brush. Love the floral frame.
@evnpar - Excellent diagonal presentation. Razor and brush are exceptional.
@Adam18 - Your background and frontal lighting gives the illusion that the elements are suspended in mid-air. Love it.

Another very late evening for me, gents. Do I see a habit forming? Well, I'll bid you good night now. Be seeing you.
Thank you Ron!

Sunday, 18 December, 2016 – PannaCrema Nostalgia

Prep: Hot Shower | Eucalyptus and Spearmint soap
Pre-shave: Musgo Real Lima Glyce pre-shave soap | hot towel
Strop: CBLindsay turkish linen (25) | TomoNagura Firehose (50) | TomoNagura Velvet Horsehide (100)
Razor: ERN 204 shoulderless 5/8” roundpoint
Brush: Rudy Vey 26mm Butterscotch “Chubby” TGN 2-band finest
Soap: PannaCrema Nostalgia
Bowl: The Shaving Place Mountain Blue Glazed Lather Bowl
Post-shave: Alum | Cold towel | Thayer’s Cucumber Witch Hazel | Nivea Men Facial Cream
Aftershave: Fine L’Orange Noir
Fragrance: Terre D’Hermes
Album of the Day: Manchester Orchestra - Simple Math
Song of the Day: Simple Math
$SOTD20161218.jpg
Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!

12/18/16 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Cellar Door Bath Supply Co Haunted Woods Soap
Shave Secret Pre-Shave Oil
Detroit Grooming Ludington Glycerin Bar Soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Indian Sandalwood Shave Soap
RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic 26mm Brush
Crown King Dual Chamber Scuttle
iKon X3 Slant Razor
Derby Extra Blade – 4th Shave
RazoRock Alum Stick
Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel Toner
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Bay Rum Aftershave Tonic
$161218 SOTD IMG_3940.jpg

Pre-shave: Baume.be
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: Baume.be Best Badger
Soap: Cella crema da barba
Aftershave: Alum
Balm: Baume.be
Passes: WTG, XTG L, XTG R, ATG

Real nice shave !

SOTD, Sunday, December 18th, 2016

Shower at gym + Glycerin soap face lather and rinse
Sterling Barbershop shave soap sample
Erskine restored badger brush
Filarmonica #12 5/8" straight razor
Cool washcloth rinse
Sterling Barbershop aftershave

Plowing through the samples!

proxy.php

12/18/16 ☆Sandlewood Sunday☆

1.hot shower. Dial liquid showe soap and clubmans shampoo.
2. Proraso sandlewood pre shave. T.O.B.S. sandlewood cream w/semogue 1380. Just amazing lather and performance, grade A shaving cream.
3. Derby extra first use. I am only 3 months into d.e. shaving and first time I used the derby was with 3 days growth and it was a bad shave with tugging and razor burn, i would say it was mainly due to bad technique. So now that i finally am getting better with a light touch I absolutely loved this shave!!! Nice and mild, wich is just what I needed with only 24 hours of growth and with my winter dry skin. I had the razor singing with zero fear of nicks or cuts. Liked it so much I bought a 10 pack at the sallys near my home.
4. Antiga barbearia de razor. Took a few times to center the blade (only gripe). Nice and mild razor with nice and heavy feel. I got this razor for the handle as it reminded me of my trips to Lisbon, but is also a FANTASTIC Mild razor.
*****great bbs shave ! even on my neck!
5. Proraso sandlewood after shave. I wish this had stronger scent like there soap and cream. Too bad the scent is so mild:thumbdown

-------->

Last edited:
@samlark - Marvelous high angle shot of a fine array, Sammy. How did the soap perform?

I love the scent on this one. Mudder Focker is a great RazoRock soap.

Sunday SOTD:

$SDC11843.JPG

Razor: VIG Shaving Futur Clone
Blade: Feather New Hi-Stainless
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Switchback Top Cap loaded with 23.5mm Virginia Sheng Brown Horse Hair
Soap: Mama Bear's Aged Spice
Aftershave: T.N. Dickinson's Witch Hazel followed by Avon Island Lime

-- Sammy

$wz6D73K.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Razor: FATIP Testina Gentile Olivo[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Blade: SUPER IRIDIUM extra stainless[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Brush: SHAVEMAC 22709 Finest Badger 22 X 53[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lather: GAL For Men stick Vintage[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Aftershave: GENIOL fuerte masaje facial vintage[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Addcare: MYRSOL emulsión[/FONT]

18 December 2016

Hot shower/Stirling Island Man/Kiehls Facial Fuel
Semogue Owners Club
B&M Latha Limon
Merkur 38c/Personna Lab Blue
Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
Nivea Sensitive Cooling Balm

12/18/16
Proraso Green Tea & Oatmeal Pre Shave Cream
Green Mountain Soap Co. Lime Vetiver
Vie-Long 14080
Merkur 1904 Closed Comb
Feather (4)
Shavex Alum Block
Captain's Choice Lime
George F. Trumper Lime Skin Food
Hove Limes des Buras
$SOTD12-18-16.jpg

Art of Shaving Lavender Pre Shave Oil and Shaving Cream
2016 Rudy Vey Group Buy Shavemac Finest
Schick Eversharp Injector/ Schick Super Chromium
Speick Aftershave Lotion
Dior Homme Intense

$2016-12-18_800.jpg

December 18:
ATT - H2 / UFO - Goliath Fine 85mm / Astra - SP (3)
Kent - BK8 (silvertip)
AoS - Sandalwood shaving cream
Myrsol - F/Extra AS splash / GFT - Sandalwood Skin Food

Friday was true to form: excellence wherever I looked. Stunning photographs and illuminating depictions of the daily ritual we hold so dear.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your exceptional contributions in pictures and words. All are appreciated.

@skypsyd - Like your presentation immensely, Dave. The lying and propped elements provide an interesting perspective. Love the brush!
@Thalasos - Excellent close-in vertical. Vibrant colors. Beautiful razor.
@Mostho - Two fine photos, Stefano, both with a misty soft focus and a dominant color theme. Nicely done.
@carm-gs - Like this askew layout. Quite attractive. Neat brush handle. What razor did you use?
@Clint64 - Lovely close up. Fine commentary. The Calypso is a very attractive razor.
@CaptainGreybeard - Two in a row is hard to beat! I need to try that Valobra cream.
@UngerWoo - Really quite an attractive design to your layout.
@Cash_Stronomer - This is a dark beauty: the stark razor and partly shadowed brush, the cracked wooden rest with a touch of green, the angular piece in the near background, and a pervasive, deep brooding tone.
@Dagwoodz - Nice bloom on the Stirling, Josh. How did you like the Stella Alpina soap and aftershave?
@cmh737 - What an attractive picture, Chris. Nicely composed. The backdrop color is perfect.
@caus24 - Neat photo. Love your blade rest. Nice looking shave!
@Doug57 - Fine setup, Doug. Like the varied background.
@lindyhop66 - A very appealing photo. Spot on lighting.
@shm - Another classy photo, Søren. After being haunted by the prancing horses in your SOTDs I'm now the proud owner of bottles of both the red and the black!
@cruise_bone - Sorry about the shave. At least you got a good photo out of it! Love the close arrangement, severe cropping, and bowl placement.
@doc47 - Handsome layout, Dan. Always love to see Florida Water.
@SCshaver - Excellent low angle shot. The elements indicate a great shave. Good luck with your Wolfman adventure. Hope you find the key; I've only heard raves about the razor.
@blexa - Quite an eye-catcher! That Wolf Whiskers is a gem; love the swirling.
@Bobcat - What was the Sweendy Todd like, Bob? I don't think I've see it before.
@azwetshaver - A fetching overhead pic, Gabe.
@jmudrick - Comely close up. Hope you got a good shave from the Shake Sharp.
@PACO GALAN - Wonderful alignment of your elements. I use plate 6 on my Rockwell 6s also. It's my favorite DE now.
@xxlpack - I like the overlay of your listing onto the photo. It's another aspect of the image
@sarimento1 - A striking close up, Murray. The lighting and colors give the photo warmth and it almost glows.
@ram57 - Arresting photo of a interesting shave. Great looking scuttle. How did you like the Schick C2?
@samlark - Marvelous high angle shot of a fine array, Sammy. How did the soap perform?
@EzraCobb - Jamie, the wash of light simulates age on the photo as if it were taken when the razor and after shave were new, the illusion of which is enhanced by the film frame.
@CT23 - Another exceptional photo, Chris. The lighting is so perfect and the setting is gorgeous.
@Hanover - Neat display, Mark. The Vorpal is a beauty!
@Peter_A - Good to see you back, Peter. The ATT looks quite distinctive with that handle. How do you like the Cade cream?
@sandstone - Striking b&w, Phil. Love the shadowing in the lower portion of the photo.
@Smooth Steve - Talk about a moody picture. The play of light and shadows is captivating. Like the subtle coloration.
@GlazedBoker - Nice looking set up, Gus. I don't have a black badger brush and I keep meaning to pick one up. Do you like the WSP brush? I have two WSPs, a best badger and silver tip.

Time for me to shuffle off to bed, gents. Be seeing you....

Thank you very kindly indeed, Ron! :001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom