C.O. Bigelow
Muhle Synthetic Silver Tip Travel Brush
Merkur Open Comb Travel Razor
Gillette 7:00 Yellow (1)
Shavex Alum Block

Mennen Skin Bracer
$SOTD12-17-16.jpg

Last edited:

Friday was true to form: excellence wherever I looked. Stunning photographs and illuminating depictions of the daily ritual we hold so dear.

Thank you, gentlemen, for your exceptional contributions in pictures and words. All are appreciated.

@skypsyd - Like your presentation immensely, Dave. The lying and propped elements provide an interesting perspective. Love the brush!
@Thalasos - Excellent close-in vertical. Vibrant colors. Beautiful razor.
@Mostho - Two fine photos, Stefano, both with a misty soft focus and a dominant color theme. Nicely done.
@carm-gs - Like this askew layout. Quite attractive. Neat brush handle. What razor did you use?
@Clint64 - Lovely close up. Fine commentary. The Calypso is a very attractive razor.
@CaptainGreybeard - Two in a row is hard to beat! I need to try that Valobra cream.
@UngerWoo - Really quite an attractive design to your layout.
@Cash_Stronomer - This is a dark beauty: the stark razor and partly shadowed brush, the cracked wooden rest with a touch of green, the angular piece in the near background, and a pervasive, deep brooding tone.
@Dagwoodz - Nice bloom on the Stirling, Josh. How did you like the Stella Alpina soap and aftershave?
@cmh737 - What an attractive picture, Chris. Nicely composed. The backdrop color is perfect.
@caus24 - Neat photo. Love your blade rest. Nice looking shave!
@Doug57 - Fine setup, Doug. Like the varied background.
@lindyhop66 - A very appealing photo. Spot on lighting.
@shm - Another classy photo, Søren. After being haunted by the prancing horses in your SOTDs I'm now the proud owner of bottles of both the red and the black!
@cruise_bone - Sorry about the shave. At least you got a good photo out of it! Love the close arrangement, severe cropping, and bowl placement.
@doc47 - Handsome layout, Dan. Always love to see Florida Water.
@SCshaver - Excellent low angle shot. The elements indicate a great shave. Good luck with your Wolfman adventure. Hope you find the key; I've only heard raves about the razor.
@blexa - Quite an eye-catcher! That Wolf Whiskers is a gem; love the swirling.
@Bobcat - What was the Sweendy Todd like, Bob? I don't think I've see it before.
@azwetshaver - A fetching overhead pic, Gabe.
@jmudrick - Comely close up. Hope you got a good shave from the Shake Sharp.
@PACO GALAN - Wonderful alignment of your elements. I use plate 6 on my Rockwell 6s also. It's my favorite DE now.
@xxlpack - I like the overlay of your listing onto the photo. It's another aspect of the image
@sarimento1 - A striking close up, Murray. The lighting and colors give the photo warmth and it almost glows.
@ram57 - Arresting photo of a interesting shave. Great looking scuttle. How did you like the Schick C2?
@samlark - Marvelous high angle shot of a fine array, Sammy. How did the soap perform?
@EzraCobb - Jamie, the wash of light simulates age on the photo as if it were taken when the razor and after shave were new, the illusion of which is enhanced by the film frame.
@CT23 - Another exceptional photo, Chris. The lighting is so perfect and the setting is gorgeous.
@Hanover - Neat display, Mark. The Vorpal is a beauty!
@Peter_A - Good to see you back, Peter. The ATT looks quite distinctive with that handle. How do you like the Cade cream?
@sandstone - Striking b&w, Phil. Love the shadowing in the lower portion of the photo.
@Smooth Steve - Talk about a moody picture. The play of light and shadows is captivating. Like the subtle coloration.
@GlazedBoker - Nice looking set up, Gus. I don't have a black badger brush and I keep meaning to pick one up. Do you like the WSP brush? I have two WSPs, a best badger and silver tip.

Time for me to shuffle off to bed, gents. Be seeing you....

Thank you very much [MENTION=107139]ronweston[/MENTION]

$VpTZPHt.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Razor: NAVAJA A.CASTRO 7/8 Barbers Notch Ebano[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Brush: BSB -1dos bandas[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Lather: OLD SPICE Vintage de la Taza[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Aftershave: MYRSOL Formula extra[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Addcare: MYRSOL emulsión[/FONT]

12/17/16

6 inches of snow here in Hudson Massachusetts, great day with 3 driveway snow shoveling (wich I enjoy). Kids are all home and fireplace is roaring, enjoying the holiday season.

1. Prickly pear jelly
2. Cane PAA with scuttle.
3. Semogue 2000
4. Merkur 1906 closed with nacet on 2nd use. I love this razor , its mild with a great handle.
5. Thayers lemon.
6. Florida water, the fountain of youth! I am 42 but but feel like a 10 year old boy :tongue_sm

---------->

Merkur 1904 open comb razor
generic DE blade
Maggards 24mm marble handle synthetic brush
Tabac soap
Skin Bracer aftershave

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Neutrogena Razor Defense
Gillette Bulldog
Kai Stainless (new)
Razorock Monster
Barrister and Mann "Hallows"
Alum
Thayer's
"Hallows" A/S
proxy.php

Sunday's SOTD

$P1120676 (2).jpg

Razor: Schick Repeating Razor C2
Blade: Schick (D1)
Brush: Spalted Maple w 24mm Super Silvertip
Scuttle: Dirty Bird 1.5
Pre Shave Scrub: Tiki 1920’s Barber Shoppe
Pre Shave Balm: TSD Oakmoss Sandalwood
Shave Soap: L & L Grooming Dark Fall
Aftershave: L & L Grooming Dark Fall

SATURDAY SOTD ::::: December 17, 2016

Prep: Hot shower w/Cellar Door Bath Supply Co. unknown sample
& Nivea Men Original Moisturizing Face Wash
Pre-shave Oil: Oscar’s Oil Lavender
Soap: Catie’s Bubbles Ménage a Lavande
Brush: The Crazy Badger Ebony/Purple ash wood two band finest badger 26mm
Razor: iKon OSS Bamboo handle
Blade: Kai (6)
Post Splash: Thayers Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave: Catie’s Bubbles Ménage a Lavande Toni
c

$2016-12-17-17-31-22.jpg

It's a wonderful scent! Yesterday I wasn't able to get the greatest of lathers with it, albeit still good enough to get BBS. I'm horrible at describing scents, but the scent chart on their website lists Lemon, Bergamot, and Basil as top notes; Cistus, Myrtle, Eucalyptus as body notes; and Cypress and Amber as base notes. I can definitely smell all of the top notes...quite nice!

Thanks, Josh. I know I'll eventually pick up the Stella Alpina. I know what you mean about getting some soaps to produce fine lathers.

Sunday, 12.18.16

$12.18.16HoshiTombo-1.jpg

Hoshi Tombo 6000 // Kanayama // Shavemac 28mm 2-Band // Floris No. 89 Soap (vintage) + EdT

Saturday Night

'65 UK Tech
Rapira Supersteel (3)
Omega Boar
Stirling Lavender Sage
Mennen Afta

Very comfortable BBS shave tonight.

Stirling sure is a great soap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom