What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" - December 12th - December 18, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

A new week is beginning at SOTD, Gents!!!

Again it is a FREE WEEK!

So it's time to loosen your creativity, gentlemen.

Please post any photo you chose or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, b&w, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

Be adventurous!

Thank you, gents, for your participation. Have a fine week!

proxy.php

Date: 12 December 2016

Brush: - Semogue SOC 2 Band Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm
Lather: - Haslinger Schafmilch Sheep Milk & Lanolin (very similar to MWF)
Razor: - Merkur 34C
Blade: - Voskhod #1
Post Shave: - T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent / Clubman Pinaud Aftershave Lotion

Proraso Green Pre/Post
Barbershop 22mm Maggards Black Synthetic
I Coloniali
Black Hawk / Feather Pro Guard (7)
Thayers Superhazel/Proraso Green Pre/post Followed with Proraso splash

proxy.php

SUNDAY COMMENTS:

@Smooth Steve - Neat layout, Steve. How was the Gatlinburg?
@evnpar - Nice close-in high angle shot.
@skypsyd - Quite a striking b&w, Dave, with extraordinary shadowing.
@Dagwoodz - Love this close up view, Josh. Such an exceptional angle on the razor.
@CaptainGreybeard - Fine shave portrait. Nice use of the Martin volumes as a backdrop.
@alfredus - Lovely presentation. Spectacular brush.
@Tenergy - An exceptional array and classy shave, Valeri.
@Clint64 - Excellent photo. Really like the rock face on which your elements rest.
@Navarrsky - Exquisite picture. The crystal goblet and Courvoisier are nice touches.
@shm - Very attractive staggered arrangement, Søren. Another beautiful shave I'd imagine.
@azwetshaver - Smart looking layout, Gabe.
@blexa - Like the casual look of your setup, especially the Claymore resting on the soap tin.
@razorguy - Superb overhead shot. To say that the razor is stunning is an understatement.
@sarimento1 - Another superlative photo, Murray. Love the flanking razor and blade dispenser resting on the Penhaligon's bottle.
@Cash_Stronomer - Love that wooden rest of the razor and brush. The dark textures of this b&w are exceptional.
@lindyhop66 - The brickwork is an excellent backdrop to your colorful alignment.
@Bobcat - That a fine looking shave, Bob. Thanks for the confirmation on the Thuringian Forest.
@Doug57 - Attractive setup, Doug.
@melyus - A marvelous display of a classic shave.
@jmudrick - Nice angle on the close up. Good assessment of the Supply SE.
@eezee - Another noteworthy shave depicted with style. Neat looking razor.
@UngerWoo - Like your design in this layout.
@blzrfn - An eye-catching pic, Dave. The black backdrop really accents the colors.
@doc47 - Comely POV, Dan. Like your arrayment.
@Jnatcat - There's a lot to say about an Old Spice shave and, IMHO, it's all good! Fine looking shave, Will.
@EzraCobb - That's quite a nice lather, Jamie. I like shaving with a Schick Krona; it's a good change of pace razor.
@xxlpack - How do you like the Semogue 2030? That's with a badger knot I believe.
@ciderguy - Nicely done photo, Nick. I have a tin of the WSP Formula T Lavenderwood but haven't around to trying it.
@Theyack - Quite a festive, and tasty, shot! How did you like the Dickens soap & A/S?
@nikonNUT - From the usage of the A/S it looks like Malbolge is a winner.

Last edited:
today,

- Faena ShavingSoap - Greek Skinos
- Romera Iona Red Hearth Manchurian
- The Claymore
- Feather Professional
- Faena Aftershave - Greek Skinos
-
proxy.php

proxy.php

Many thanks for your lovely pictures gentlemen and very kind words Ron - I hope you all have a great start into the new week 👍

Monday's Shave
Musgo Glyce face lather & rinse

Joseph Elliot BSS 5/8
Matt DeRuiter "Tucson" two-band boar
Col. Conk Sante Fe Cedar shave soap
Col. Conk Sante Fe Cedar As Lotion
L&L Cuir Et Espices

proxy.php

Have a Nice Monday Gentlemen

December 12, 2016
ATT Calypso R1
Feather (1)
Simpson CH2 Synthetic
MdC Fougere
Witch Hazel
Fine Lavender

The ATT Calypso R1 razor is an aluminum version of the ATT R1 stainless razor. It is machined out of 7075 aircraft grain aluminum and then anodized. The color in person is much darker than it appeared on the ATT website. As expected with an aluminum razor, the Calypso is very light weighing in at 40 grams. Overall the machining of the razor is up to the standards expected of ATT products. The CH2 synthetic whipped up the MdC Fougere into a mountain of lather. When properly hydrated, I find MdC to be more than slick enough. I truly enjoy the Fougere scent. Loaded the razor with a new Feather blade for the maiden voyage, I went with a traditional 3 pass shave, WTG, XTG and ATG followed by touch ups in my usual trouble spots. The shave ended in a smooth irritation free near BBS shave. Once I became accustomed to the light weight the Calypso was a joy to use. The Calypso is just a lighter and less expensive version of the ATT R1 stainless razor. Overall I am very pleased with the razor. I finished off the shave with a splash of Fine Lavender. I hope everyone has a great Monday.

Van Yulay - Club Humidor
Island Bladeworks - "Bullwinkle" | TGN Finest
Gillette Pre-War Tech | Feather New Hi-Stainless (1)

proxy.php

"Club Humidor" doesn't smell like a humidor, but rather the classy fragrance of a man who would frequent one. While there are some aromatic cedar and cured tobacco notes, there's enough citronella, leather, and amber to round out this cologne-type scent. If you enjoy the this fragrance, like I do, you'll want to pick up the matching splash which has nice staying power for an alcohol-free splash.

Monday

Pre-shave: Kiehl's Facial Fuel
Razor: Gillette Black Handle SuperSpeed
Blade: Astra SP
Brush: EverReady C40
Soap: St James of London Cedarwood & Clarysage Shave Cream
Aftershave: Alum/ Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel /Alcolado Glacial Splash
Balm: Baxter of California Oil-Free Moisturizer

Monday evening

Razor: Superspeed
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Super Platinum (3)
Cream: TOBS Rose
Brush: SR 3824
A/S: Felce azzure
ASB: Gaia Organic ASB

Monday

Brush: Rooney Stubby 1
Soap: Arko + QED Sandalwood
Razor: Van der Hagen
Blade: Feather
A/S: Lab Series
Cologne: GFT Sandalwood

Mike