What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 10th - December 16th, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
SDC13137.JPG

Pre-shave: 50/50 blend of Grapeseed and Castor oils
Razor: G.E. Jones Shake Sharp
Blade: Zorrik Super Platinum
Brush: Rubberset 400 with PAA Switchback Aluminum Top Cap loaded with AP Shave Co. "Cashmere" 24mm Synthetic
Soap: Stirling "Bay Rum"
Aftershave: Equate Witch Hazel followed by "Boomtown Bay Rum" by Crown King/Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements

-- Sammy

Last edited:
Pre treated the beard with PAA's cube.

Then, dipped a synthetic brush into Fitjar's Fjellheim cream, and spread that juniper scented goodness all over my ugly mug.

Next, a careful application of a Portland Razor Co's Barber Special straight for two passes, and voila, a pretty darn good shave, no blood.

Stirling's Gin and Tonic aftershave is the perfect complement to the scent of this cream. Mrs. CW immediately expressed her approval.

A great Saturday shave. Now, The Seven Samurai on the screen, and some Pizza and beer.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Proraso Green Pre/Post
The Owl Drug Co 24mm Strike Gold Shave Motherlode
Wickham Soaps 1912 Ninfeo di Egeria
Rotbart Mond-Extra / Gillette Super Blue (1)
Thayers Superhazel - Proraso Green Pre/post - Wickham Ninfeo di Egeria AS Balm
proxy.php

Sunday's SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Charcoal Goods OC Level 2
Blade: Super Iridium (D1)
Brush: Montalvo 25mm Black Wolf
Bowl: Captain's Choice Gunmetal
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: Grooming Dept Unscented V35
Shave Soap: Grooming Dept Tao
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain's Reserve

Razor: 2018 Rocnel Elite/Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum (Russian Blue)
Brush: 2018 Paladin LE Churchill
Soap: Asylum Shaveworks Colonia (SV Beta 4.3)
Aftershave: Asylum. Shaveworks Colonia
proxy.php

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

SOTD : 16th December 2018.

57.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Hot shower:/ L'OREAL~ Hydra Sensitive Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

warm wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Frank Shaving ~ Synthetic.

Face Lather.

Soap : OSP ~ Neroli.

Blade: Dorco ~ Prime Platinum .(1)

Razor: Parker 24C

Warm wet flannel/ cold wet flannel to rinse my face.

Cold Water Face Rinse.//Homemade Lavender + Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Dana ~ English Leather ASL.

L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Greetings,

Another relaxing Sunday 3 pass + pick ups near bbs shave with no errors to report.

The frank shaving synthetic brush perfomed wonderfully, creating a luxurious slick protective lather, which was more than adequate for my shave...Out of all the dorco de blades that i've sampled, the Prime Platinum is my favourite, it's such a smooth forgiving, yet sharp blade that has been totally suited to my skin type, and has paired together which every razor i've matched it up with...A very comfortable shave.;)

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of L'OREAL ~ Soothing Birch Sap Post Shave Balm.

Enjoy your sunday, ladies & gentlemen.:cool:

Saturday.
Prep: Hot towel
Pre shave: Prep
Razor: ‘The Rock’ (Rockwell 6S – #3)
Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra
Brush: 'The Duke'
Soap: Local Gent: Anubis
Post: Cold water rinse / Witch Hazel / Chatillon Lux Santal Auster Post-Shave Salve
Fragrance: Xerjoff Fars

An outstanding shave today.. it's just a pity that Local Gent have decided to call it a day... Anubis will be sadly missed.

Sunday, 16
- Geo F Trumper's, Coral skin food.
- Barrister & Mann, Barrister's Reserve Waves Shaving Soap
- A&A, resin tulip, finest badger
- Esmeralda, Henkels steel & synthetic scales by custom Pablo Airforce
- Esencia de Loewe, balm & EdT.
proxy.php

SOTD - Sunday 16 December 2018

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Wolfman Razors - WR1 .67 OC WRH2 polished handle
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: Sorrentino - Barzini - 24mm Bulb (Synthetic)
  • Shaving Scuttle: Yoresh
  • Shaving Cream: Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Collezione Barbiere
  • After-Shave: Acqua Di Parma - Colonia Intensa (Sample)

Sunday December 16, 2018
Razor: Bigelow and Parkin OC Travel Razor
Blade: Pol Silver SI (1)
Brush: Stirling 24 mm
Soap: Stirling Orange Chill
Aftershave 1: Thayers Cucumber
Aftershave 2: Lucky Tiger
IMG_20181216_053749181.jpg

Gillette 3
Gillette Cartridge (7 use)
Creative Flame Pottery Finest Badger
Ogallala Bay Rum Peppercorns Limes Shave Soap
Cremo Post Shave Balm
Old Spice Spray Cologne

Mammoth Soaps | Hygge
Phoenix Shaving | The Starcraft | Roswell Hybrid Synth
The New Improved Schick Injector Razor | Personna 74

proxy.php

Mammoth had been somewhat of a mystery to me for a while. Some of the testers, apparently having gone through numerous soap iterations, seem to have become fans which only furthered my desire to try it. Due to life happening the morning of the Hygge drop, I missed out. Jason Rudman passed this set on to me because he's just really a great guy.

Hygge accepts a moderate amount of water, but it can be broken if you push it. I recommend test lathering before putting it into practice in order to gather a good understanding of its limits. That's not to say it's not intuitive, as it doesn't take much experimentation to dial it in. With my hard water, the resulting lather is certainly dense but not particularly voluminous and has a lustrous sheen. First-pass slickness is above average as is residual slickness. The luxurious post-shave is the most impressive aspect of this soap, leaving behind soft, supple, natural feeling skin.

Hygge's fragrance when lathered is light, opening with sweet, sharp, and mildly powdery spiced orange that swells throughout the shave. It acquires a cold crushed coniferous bitterness at its peak before descending to a warm resinous accord.

The splash is obligatory given the excellent post-shave offered by the soap. While it's alcohol-based, it is necessary to agitate it just prior to application as there are undissolved particulates. Again it's difficult to assess the splash's effectiveness as there was no irritation to begin with. The scent is similar to the soap except for a brief initial musky green aloe that would have clashed had it persisted. Otherwise, the festive sweet orange is more prominent and sharper with less powder than the soap. After about an hour, the citrus burns off leaving a warm and understated resin with lightly sweet highlights. After approximately 3 hours, I lost track of the fragrance altogether.

Mammoth Soaps has made a fine introduction with this public release. While boasting a performance that surpasses many freshman offerings, it's still just out of reach of the most elite artisans. Hygge's restrained festive fragrance is spot-on for Winter wear but far from being weighty or novel. I certainly look forward to future releases.

Sunday, December 16
proxy.php

Saponificio Varesino Felce Aromatica 4.0~~Morris & Forndran Polo 2~~'11 Mühle R41~~Personna 74~~Creed GIT
Have a great day!

SOTD, Sunday, December 16th, 2018

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
The Art of Shaving lemon shave soap
Simpson badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade
Cool washcloth rinse
AOS lemon aftershave

proxy.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom