What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 5th - August 11th, 2019

Dude you're killing it with these pics lately, really nice work on this one.

proxy.php

What razor is that?

Edit: Never mind, I see in the other thread it’s an Ikon. Neat looking razor. I guess you didn’t really sell all your razors other than your Timeless. Unless this one’s new....

What razor is that?

Edit: Never mind, I see in the other thread it’s an Ikon. Neat looking razor. I guess you didn’t really sell all your razors other than your Timeless. Unless this one’s new....

Ikon SBS on a 3” 16mm handle. Pretty cool, OC on one side, SB on the other.

Did sell them all, this was a gift from a friend that showed up today and I already had the handle.

08/10/19 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Detroit Grooming Manistee Glycerin Eucalyptus & Mint Bar Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements High Jump 47 Conditioning Shampoo Puck (W/ Yucca Root & Cider Vinegar)
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Proraso Green Shaving Soap
West Coast Shaving Green Honeycomb Synthetic Tuxedo Hair Shaving Brush 26mm
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Gillette M2 Gen 1 Slim Adjustable Razor - Setting 4
Gillette 7 O'Clock Russian Green Pack Super Stainless Blade - 1st Shave
Shavex Alum Block
Homemade Lemon and Mandarin Infused Witch Hazel with Alum
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel - After Shave Lotion
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Geoffrey Beene Grey Flannel - Eau de Toilette Spray
The Sudsy Soapery 100% Natural Rain Deodorant

B IMG_5592.jpg

Sunday SOTD
proxy.php

Razor: Rex Ambassador
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (D2)
Brush: MS Faux Horn Memphis 24mm 2 band
Scuttle: TheMudPlace Big Daddy Oiled Mahogany
Pre-Shave Scrub: Ginger Garden Enigma
Pre-Shave Oil: Homemade Lemon Lime Chill
Shave Cream: GFT Lime
Balm: C&E West Indian Lime
Aftershave: Shulton Old Spice Lime
Cologne: Shulton Old Spice Lime

Catie's Bubbles | Blugère
Phoenix Shaving | The Starcraft | Roswell Hybrid Synth
Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE

proxy.php

I know there are other fragrances featuring blueberry, but not being a legitimate frag head, I wasn't aware of them. It wasn't until Mammoth Soaps introduced Mood Indigo that I realized what an interesting element blueberry brings to a fragrance. Under the right circumstances, blueberry can bring more than whimsy to the table.

When Catie's Bubbles began dropping hints about their meet-up exclusive, "Jersey Blues", I was hoping to someday see it offered to the public. "Blugère" is indeed the same product with a, dare I say, even more creative name.

Blugère utilizes Catie's Bubbles' lauded Luxury Cream base. I've spoken highly of this base many times previously, so in the interest of time, I'll just reiterate that this is one of my favorite bases. I have seborrheic dermatitis involving my scalp, and while shaving alone is useful, no other product staves this off better than Catie's Bubbles' jojoba-rich vegan bases.

Catie's Bubbles' EdPs are usually a safe blind buy for me, so I went all in for the full set. I began using the EdP for a couple days prior to even cracking open the other products. When time and the product allows, I really like exploring a new set this way. It allows me to fully appreciate the intended fragrance initially. Then, I can compare that to what's lost in the soap base. Blugère opens, as you would expect, with an unmistakable natural, fresh blueberry note. Almost immediately, there is a competing sharp, citrusy bergamot. As simple as this sounds, I would be happy if it never developed beyond that. It is gourmand with measured sweetness, and bright enough for Summer as the bergamot is almost lime in this combination. Eventually, this bright happy opening relents to a stable sustained woodiness with controlled floral and herbaceous peppery lavender. This accord is the longest lasting element of the fragrance, and it's absolutely lovely. The dry down allows an earthy but clean vetiver to dominate with intermittent dry grassy elements. I continue to enjoy this parfum concentration just beyond a 10-hour indoor active work day.

The soap is very similar in the opening, but the citrus is less prominent allowing the blueberry through even more. Overall the step-wise unveiling of the elements is very similar to that of the EdP but of course on a shorter time frame. I do believe the soap is slightly less resinous in the mid. Regardless, if you're in love with the soap, you will not be disappointed in the EdP. The splash, to my nose, is indistinguishable from the EdP in fragrance as I noted no coloring at all. It's just simply a lighter/weaker concentration. I did experiment by foregoing the EdP layering and found that the splash lasts about 4 to 5 hours under similar circumstances. It can't sustain the middle nearly as well or as long as the EdP, so it's still not a substitute for people that really like this fragrance of which I count myself as one.

Blueberry — what an obvious but overlooked (by me, anyway) choice!

Thanks for the bang-up review, Matt.

Klinker

The Baron of Bokeh
DSCF0001 - Edited (4).jpg

Sunday 08.11.19 SOTD
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Pre Shave Oil
Feather Popular TTO / Feather (1)
Vulfix 1016 Pure Badger
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave​

proxy.php

Pre-Shave: Kiss my Face Olive Oil Soap, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2/1.5)
Blade: Voskhod (1)
Brush: Paladin Chief Strawberry Amber
Lather: Mike's Bergamot, Orange, Ylang-Ylang
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend :thumbup:

SOTD : 11th August 2019.

2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ L'OREAL ~ Men Expert Birch Sap Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap.

Brush: Chinese Unbranded Silvertip Fibre.

Bowl: Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

Bowl Lather.

Uber/Superlather: Williams Mug Shaving Soap /Arko Cool shaving cream + 6 Drops of Glycerin.

Blade: Parker~Premium Platinum.(1)

Razor: Parker 89R.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade menthol crystals +Eucalyptus peppermint,+ Tea Tree Oil Witch Hazel Mixture./ Arko ~ Cool Cologne + Aftershave Balm.

Greetings,

Another wonderfully relaxing Williams Superlather sunday shave.

For the rest of my shaves this week i'm going to use a Parker razor & blade duo.

The Arko cool shaving cream was a great addition to the mix resulting in a cooling slick protective superlather which was more than adequate for the full shave. ...The parker razor/blade duo paired together wonderfully, the parker blades aren't the sharpest but are very smooth, forgiving and the longivity of them for me personally, is 3-4 shaves.

A comfortable 3 pass + pick ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report.

Finishing the shave off with a generous dollop of Arko ~ Cool Aftershave Balm.

My face is feeling smooth & smelling devine.;)

Enjoy your Sunday Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

dash
  • Pre: Softsoap Earth Blends Pink Grapefruit & Cucumber
  • Soap: Proraso Red Shave Cream
  • Brush: Proraso (by Omega) Silver-handled Boar
  • Razor: Gillette Guard
  • Blade: built-in cartridge
  • Aftershave: Nivea Cooling After Shave Balm -- Sensitive

I like the Gillette Guard more and more. After thee first rough, bleeding-edge shave, it has turned into an effective but comfortable razor.

Date:- 11 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- The Club ~ The Novelist Goats Milk & Lanolin
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Brass 'B' / Polsilver Super Iridium #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

SOTD - Sunday 11 August 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Charcoal Goods - Level 1 Bishop
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: BristleBrushwerks - Virginia Sheng - 24mm Bulb (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Cream: Extro - Bergamotto di Calabria
  • After-Shave: Extro - Bergamotto di Calabria - Splash

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
SOTD - Sunday 11 August 2019

proxy.php

• Safety Razor: Charcoal Goods - Level 1 Bishop
  • Blade: Polsilver - Super Iridium
  • Shaving Brush: BristleBrushwerks - Virginia Sheng - 24mm Bulb (Silvertip Badger)
  • Shaving Cream: Extro - Bergamotto di Calabria
  • After-Shave: Extro - Bergamotto di Calabria - Splash
Great stuff. Great shot. Great effect.

2019-08-11

Ikea bowl ¤ OCSC Silvertip ¤ 7/8" Reiza-Kai
Floris JF Soap, Aftershave & Eau De Toilette

proxy.php

Blackbird OC
Feather
Cold River Shapenmelk Shave Soap
Zenith Aluminum Boar
Harry's Post Shave Balm