IMG_6750.jpg

PSX_20200806_095941-01.jpg

Pre: Proraso Cypress and Vetyver
Soap: Razorock XXX
Splash: Razorock XXX
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm tuxedo
Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)

I was a little unsure when ordering the XXX as to what the scent would be like. I'd seen people mention lemon, barbershop and occasionally a powdery scent. This is one of my favourite soaps I own. It's good value, great performing, and smells great. To me, the scent is a base of musk and amber, with a fresh lemon zest scent coming out on top when lathering. There's a very faint hint of a talc/powdery scent through when it's on the face, almost a nod towards Tabac. The splash is similar, but the lemon is more subtle and the powdery scent a little stronger. The splash itself certainly puts me in mind of a traditional barbershop.​

Date:- 06 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo Synth. 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Ariana & Evans ~ Cannabliss Santal
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB Matte SS 'SB-D' / Polsilver SI #12
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

proxy.php
proxy.php

Aug. 6, 2020 - Sharp and Sweet
Mix and matched the scents today but I spent the night dealing with this fussy house guest, which I am also allergic to - resulting in lack of sleep and a stuffed up nose. However, the shave was quite enjoyable.

My second use of the red tip razor - I find it quite similar to the US-Aristocrat Jr. The shave is very smooth and quite mild with the 7 o'clock blade. I think I'm going to stick with this razor for a week or so to find the sweet spot for a good shave. It does not have the bite and blade feel that the UK-AJ has.

LPP is awesome. I installed the atomizer today and gave myself a couple sprays but was actually disappointed because I couldn't smell that much at all. That's when I realized my nose was quite stuffed up - I couldn't really taste my breakfast this morning too. Ah well - still a good scent and I hope my nose clears up through the day so I can enjoy the scent more.

proxy.php

Thursday, 8/6:

20200806_095602.jpg

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15mm
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Brad Sears "1000" 26mm Estate Series 2-band badger fan
Soap - Wholly Kaw Washington's Blend
A/S - OneBlade balm

OK, fine: yes, the Wolfman lives up to the hype. Why is it as smooth as it is and as efficient? I know I've said that about several of my razors, "smooth and also efficient" yada yada, but there was just something about the way this performed. It was honestly a fairly unique shaving experience: with a neutral angle, and this is going to make no sense, but you could tell the blade was there, but you really didn't feel it. Blade feel with no "actual" blade feel. I don't know how else to describe it. I'd say the smoothness was on par with the Tatara, Timeless, RS-10, etc. Efficiency was definitely greater than the Tatara, I think a little more than the Timeless (but not too much, still gotta give the Timeless love, one of my favs), maybe same-ish as the RS-10 (so hard to tell at that point). It was really just a pure joy to shave with. I might have found the optimal combination of smoothness and efficiency for me, of every razor I've tried. Now I now why this is a RAD killer for a lot of people. This was a BST pickup; I'm on the waiting list, but I jumped on this because it was one of the couple of configurations I was agonizing over. I figure I'll try it out and see if I like it. The handle is the shorter 80mm, solid stainless option. The length is perfect, I don't think I'd want to go 90mm, but the weight, at 115g, might be a little too much. So we'll see what happens when I come up on the list, but I'm gonna test drive this for a while. Just a supremely good tool.

The brush is a phenomenal all-around brush, I'm so happy I picked it up. Definitely a forever brush. And Wholly Kaw is maybe the easiest soap to lather that I've ever used. This scent is pretty good, not necessarily my cup of tea, a bit floral in ways I don't typically gravitate towards, but I still enjoyed it. Anyway, this was long-winded, but it's because this was a 10/10 shave. Ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom