SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 31st - September 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD 09.06.2020
C7A4E561-9ACF-4B84-BEA3-084A12BD3053.jpeg

62ECF08E-8468-440C-9503-5ECA83D2BBE0.jpeg

BCCCD061-1EC4-4CC6-AC54-5C0F24B5B7E1.jpeg

SOTD SUNDAY MORNING, SEPTEMBER 6, 2020

I’d ask for help, as I slide down this straight razor rabbit hole, but I’m just having too much fun. The NOS Nichigi Tokusen by Diamond Hayashi Co. Of Tokyo arrived unexpectedly early yesterday. This particular razor is immaculate and was sent out by the previous owner for honing by Max Sprecher. A quick touch up on the Jasper stone followed by a quick session on the pasted strop last night, and I was ready for business this morning.

The shave was amazing! I get why folks are so enamored by Silver Steel Japanese razors. Three slow luxurious passes (WTG, ATG, XTG) and an effortless VBBS result. In fact, the post shave skin feel was so good from the Lush Prince shaving cream, I decided to forego the dome shave today. I didn’t understand smooth sharp until this particular shave.

This Prince shaving cream is a pretty amazing straight shaving accessory. Time to make the Michigan sauce for the clan gathering tomorrow. I’ll be shaving with this razor tomorrow! I feel cool, clean and very velveteen! In fact I can’t seem to stop touching my face. This was an unbelievably close face shave! Enjoy your Sunday and have a blessed day to all!

RAZOR: Nichigi Tokusen 6/8 by Diamond Hayashi Co. of Tokyo
PREP: Cold water rinse
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
CREAM: Lush Prince Shaving Cream
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Prince shave cream followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub. Finished with Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash.

proxy.php

Fathers Day Shave

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Bowl: Custom Grenadier Guards Tribute (Little Wren Pottery)
Brush: Rooney Polo 2 Super
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Razor:Gillette Aristocrat No 66
Blade: Vintage NOS Wilkinson Sword Light Brigade (1)
Scent:Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EdT

A shave dedicated to my Father, my Hero.
Father, Husband, Grenadier Guard, Proud Englishman and Naturalised Australian.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, Sept 6th 2020

Razor: Schick injector J1 type- Mfg 1957-64, mild razor,3 pass shave will get you a nice DFS!
Blade: Personna injector (2) Excellent blade for sharpness and smooths out nicely over time.
Soap: Razorock "The Dead Sea" nice scent that refreshes the bathroom also great lather qualities when well.
Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24 mm synthetic- excellent lather creator with any type of soap, cloud like soft tips. :001_wub:
Pre Shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock The Dead Sea aftershave with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :thumbup: great shave with my Schick J1 injector.

Schick Sunday Shave, Sept 6th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Sunday, 9/6:

20200906_112337.jpg

20200906_102838.jpg

20200906_102124.jpg

Razor - Merkur 34C
Blade - Tatra Platinum
Brush - Mojo Handcrafts 26mm Declaration B9A
Soap - Southern Witchcrafts Tres Matres
A/S - OneBlade balm

That was outstanding. I opted for a milder shave with the Merkur, and it was great on all fronts. I expected Southern Witchcrafts to be pretty good; I had no idea it was exceptional. The lather was an incredible dense cream that drank a lot of water, and could've drunk a lot more. Very slick, a ton of protection for the face, great post-shave. Scents is unique, somewhat unusual, but I'm digging it. The brush is really nice. The DG knot is very good, and the handle is a real looker. Great in hand, great performance. I'm really enjoying the Tatra blades; sharp enough to cut smoothly but they feel comfortable. Great pairing. What a nice leisurely Sunday shave.

SOTD, Sunday, September 6th, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
Campbell's liquid shave cream in plastic foaming bottle
Merkus safety razor + Gillette Nacet blade
Cool washcloth rinse
Lucky Tiger aftershave

Just an experiment, testing out travel plastic foamer. Worked fine with the liquid concentrated cream.
Lather was not quite as dense as Barbasol foam, but slicker. Possible travel item...whenever those days come again!!

proxy.php

9/4/20
Shannon's Soaps Aussie Ice
Semogue 610
Gillette 1961 Model 195 "Fatboy"
Feather (3)
Osma Alum Block
Mennan Skin Bracer
Nivea Sensitive Cool Balm
Nautica Blue
SOTD9-4-20.jpg

9/5/20