What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 31st - September 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's another "FREE WEEK" ladies and gentlemen.

It's time to be creative.

Please feel free to post any photo, with any gear and any style you chose, or contribute by telling us what you used in your shave, with comments on the shave, if you desire.

Color, B&W, sepia or a photograph with any type of artistic touch you wish is always desired.

HAVE FUN!

Menthol Monday SOTD

[IMG]

Razor: King Cobra
Blade: Feather Artist Club Professional (D7)
Brush: Semogue Torga C5 Premium Boar 24mm
Bowl: Doug Smith 5"
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Eucalyptus & Spearmint
Shave Soap: Beaver WoodWright Shiver Me Timber's
Balm: Saponificio Varesino Puro Burro di Karitè
Aftershave: Alcolado Glacial

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
DCCC8A24-BBDE-4BE4-8359-5BA9878989FC.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) Turkey: Soap Arko Shave Stick pucked.
3) USA: Razor M1 Black Handle Flare Tip.
4) Russia: Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Germany: Aftershave Balm L’Oréal Men Expert New Hydra Sensitive Aftershave Balm.
7) Spain: Cologne Nautica Classic.

Mon 31 SOTD
Soap RazoRock XXX
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow Synthetic
Razor RR Game Changer.84 SB
Blade Permasharp Super 1st Use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Good lather with nice scent, just too mild. Face lathering with brush feels great and the resulting lather was creamy and slick.
3+1 multiple direction passes shave with razor paired with new blade. Initial impression for 3 passes was very good. Felt sharp but yet smooth and comfortable. Felt comfortable around lips area. As always, caught a weeper on the pickup, trying to close a BBS deal. Icy water rinse stopped the weeper easily while Thayers refreshed then Hyaluronic soothed.
Nice lather, razor & blade for a BBS session with 9.5/10 rating.
20200830_195727.jpg

20200831_120257.jpg

"Menthol Monday"

Razor: Gillette Slim Adjustable [4]
Blade: Wilkinson Sword India (2)
Brush: Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger
Soap: VDH Luxury, Currier & Ives mug
Splash: Barbasol Brisk
Balm: Duke Cannon Ice Cold

I've been stuck on the VDH soap for a minute, it just does a great job for being so cheap and easy to find. To round out the drugstore shave, Barbasol Brisk and DC Ice Cold gave my face a nice hearty chilly finish.

full

Date:- 31 August 2020

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Maseto 'Avatar' Tuxedo Synth. 26/54mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Voskhod #9
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20 drops) & Tea Tree Antiseptic (5) / The Stray Whisker Aftershave Balm (Australian made)

A wonderful scent of Noble Otter 'Rawr' great for Spring and maybe Summer season, depending on the strength of the Musk during Summer.

I can smell straight from the tub which is Bergamot, Sweet Orange, Vanilla and Musk, I cannot smell Neroli, Dandelions and Atlas Cedarwood (or Sandalwoods), because, the Bergamot, Sweet Orange and Musk sought of kicking in a bit more during lathering throughout my shaves. I can smell a very soft Vanilla and Cedarwood (kinda like Sandalwoods to my nose), otherwise, a great scent during Spring season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom