Status
Not open for further replies.

SOTD, Sunday, August 9th, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap, aftershave and cologne
D.R. Harris branded badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade

proxy.php

Fantastic shaves over the last two weeks, used both my new bundubeard soaps. Had a few issues with the kudus kick at first, there was a coffee crust that prevented easy loading, but after scraping that off the performance was excellent.

The rooi Afrikaner is my new favorite soap, its amazingly slick and performs very similar to arko but with better skincare. It uses a tallow base while the kudus kick uses a glycerine base.

My review for the rooi Afrikaner is available, but i still need to write the kudus kick review which i will do after a few more uses.

Finally retired the schick injector and switched it out for the fatip piccolo and it's now warm enough to switch back to normal aftershaves instead of balms, so ive been using arko ice mint for the last 3 shaves or so.

Shaves 13,14,15

Razor: Schick injector
Blade: schick ultra platinum (13,14,15)
Brush: Wilkinson sword classic shave
Soap: bundubeard rooi Afrikaner
Aftershave Balm: prep

Shaves 16,17,18
Razor: schick injector
Blade: Schick ultra platinum (16,17,18)
Soap: bundubeard rooi Afrikaner
Aftershave: arko cool mint

Shaves 19,20
Razor: schick injector
Blade: Schick ultra platinum (19,20)
Soap: bundubeard kudus kick
Aftershave: prep
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

Multi-tool shave -- Sorry, no pix ... Removed almost a week's growth: I used two different razors and two different soaps for the different stages of the shave ... a bit unusual at least for me:

Razors: 1st and 2nd pass, Dovo straight razor (5/8, full hollow, square nose, model 255831); 3rd and 4th pass, Muhle R89 (Bolzano blade)

Soaps: 1st and 2nd pass, Cella Brick; 3rd snd 4th pass, Mitchell's woolfat

Brush: Omega boar 10098

AS: Proraso Green splash

COMMENT: Two razors, I wanted a straight razor to remove the bulk, but I haven't honed my straights in a while, so needed something sharper for touch-ups; I wanted more glide for touch-ups too, and nothing beats MWF for glide. I actually only loaded MWF for a short while just to get the glide, but got a surprisingly good cushion for MWF. Certain people advocate loading the **** out of MWF, but that may actually not necessarily be the best approach ... All in All, brilliant shave, I enjoyed the "multi-tool" approach ....

Sunday, 8/9:

View attachment 1137225

Razor - Wolfman WR2 1.15mm
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue
Brush - TurnNShave "The Mountain" 26mm Oumo "chubby" SHD Manchurian
Soap - Stirling Mountain Man
A/S - Supply Arenella Coast

The shave lineup today inspired me, and I'm naming this brush The Mountain. This knot is so. freaking. good. I think it's as good as a Shavemac 2-band silvertip, which it reminds me a lot of. Such great backbone, but the softest "natural" (ie, not gelled) tips imaginable. I dig it so much.

Three shaves with the Wolfman now, and every one has been a perfect shave. I just can't believe this razor lives up to the hype. My face is so freaking smooth right now, and my complexion is excellent. It feels mild enough that I can take certain strokes in difficult spots that I usually only do with milder razors, but it shaves as close as just about anything I've used. Stupid hype, all being true and stuff. Coincidentally, I was just contacted by Wolfman to finalize my order. I had the same specs as this one confirmed except I had the handle hollowed. I'm really interested to see how I end up liking it with the lighter weight. But this configuration is admittedly pretty much perfect. Unreal.
Without a doubt Wr2 1.15 is a Gem of the highest order. We are truly lucky to experience this. Wonderful shave and Great SOTD with thd Mountain;)

5B990C93-25A1-41BC-A0FB-54E8F4FD2911.jpeg

Pre: Stirling Black Cherry soap (shower)
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake two-band badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Soap:

A good shave tonight! The WK gave me a thinnish lather, but plenty slick. It was my first use of this brush and I misjudged the amount of water it held so I think that’s what was going on with the lather. The brush I think I’m going to really like: soft on the face, dense, plenty of backbone, no skritch.

View attachment 1137483

Pre: Stirling Black Cherry soap (shower)
Brush: Yaqi Mountain Lake two-band badger
Razor: Parker Semi-slant
Blade: Astra SP (#1)
Soap: Wholly Kaw Chypre Rose Concerto

A good shave tonight! The WK gave me a thinnish lather, but plenty slick. It was my first use of this brush and I misjudged the amount of water it held so I think that’s what was going on with the lather. The brush I think I’m going to really like: soft on the face, dense, plenty of backbone, no skritch.

Forgot to add the soap, now corrected. I'm sure there's an edit button somewhere, but I'm not seeing it at the moment...

SOTD, Sunday, August 9th, 2020

Shower + Ach Brito Glyce face lather and rinse
D.R. Harris Arlington shave soap, aftershave and cologne
D.R. Harris branded badger brush
Feather Artist Club folding shavette + Softguard blade

proxy.php
Good to see a fellow shaver using a DR Harris brush. I also own one (H3 best badger), and find it excellent.

Tonight's shave

Tanifuji Ba'Ba 13/16 Japanese razor this is just a great razor. Constantly delivers superb shaves. It's part of the hell will freeze over before I let this razor go.

Beau Brummel strop. I used this tonight and if you haven't seen it look in the strop section I posted a bunch of pics in the early birthday gift. But the strop is absolutely amazing. I really cannot articulate how nice this strop truly is. Tony Miller makes the best modern strop and this is by far the best vintage strop.

I cannot remember who made this brush. It was a member here. Please forgive me for forgetting. Please speak up because I fully believe in giving credit where credit is due. I love the brush. I love the knot he put in it. The handle is really comfortable.

Razorock Dead Sea soap. Ok to myself and everyone in the house say this soap smells exactly like noxema. But it's a nice soap.

Captains Choice Venture aftershave balm. First time using a balm from Captains Choice and I have to say it's a great balm. I will be buying more of the balms from Captain.

Captains Choice lather bowl. Great bowl. But I need more to have variety. Just because I like variety

20200810_201712_compress50.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom